Heartbreaks make you a better actor - Parineeti

melody442 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Let's get it straight. Parineeti Chopra's candour is in marked contrast to her eyelash fluttering and coy counterparts. While her rivals pretend to be immersed in work and throw the I've-no-time-for-relationships' stance, Parineeti has no qualms in saying that she's pining to get into a relationship. She also believes that karma is going to bite her for breaking hearts in the past. That doesn't deter her from being open to love. On a Sunday afternoon, we meet at the plush YRF studios, her second home. Dressed in casuals, her face is pancake and pretence free. Recently, she has impressed with her knockout performance in Shaad Ali's Kill/Dil. However, this time we don't talk movies. The conversation veers towards love and heartbreak. Excerpts:

Your chemistry with Ranveer Singh in Kill/Dil was explosive. What kind of a relationship you share with him?
I used to do the PR for Ranveer Singh during Band Baaja Baarat. Now I'm his leading lady. We get along like a house on fire because we are both energetic. We have a loud laugh. He's one of the most affectionate people I've met. He just showers you with love. Shaad Ali kept telling us to chill. Plus, there was Govinda too. It was hilarious. Ranveer and I both would enter the set with a bang. Here, I've learnt one thing - people love you for the same thing they hate you for. If you like my energy, others will be like what the hell is this. Ranveer is the most misunderstood guy. He's not loud all the time. In fact, he's sensitive and emotional.

What are the other things this industry has taught you?
It has helped me build mental strength. You can get depressed so easily here. People decide your fate. One day they might just get bored of me. I'll still be the same. And I can't do anything about it. So many actors have suddenly gone out of work. It's not like they've changed their faces or started performing poorly. It's just that people got bored of them. You are judged minute to minute for your acting, your clothes, your make up, your endorsements... or even a simple tweet you posted. You face backlash constantly.

Does the scrutiny frustrate you?
All the time! It's annoying. Imagine you have to keep a check on what you are wearing always. It's rubbish. I wear what I want. I don't wear make-up all the time. I am not here to please you.

Apart from Ranveer, which other co-star you enjoyed working with?
My favourite would be Aditya Roy Kapur. I related the most with him. He's real and down to earth. We share a good sense of humour. I'm extremely close to Arjun Kapoor because we started our career together. Siddharth Malhotra and I are close too.
L
Will you date anyone from the industry?
Yeah sure. Why not?    

Varun   Dhawan in an interview said that he would never date an actor...
Dating an actor is a different question altogether. Dating an actor is different from dating an industry person. Dating an actor will be difficult. I don't think I'd be able to do that.          

Why?
        It won't be a strong relationship. People believe actors are difficult and throw tantrums. It's not true.
e have to work even if we're not in the mood. For example, I could be having my period or may not feel fit. But I would still have to look good in a photo shoot. If a non-actor is having the same problem, he can just tie a scarf around his head, take painkillers and work. He can wear track pants and comfortable clothes. I'll have to wear gowns, heels, hair and make-up. I have done scenes when I was dying of stomach cramps. I had to do a loud scene and give some 20 retakes. And at the end of the long tiring day, if I'm not sweet' while giving an interview, I'll be called rude. Actors are easily misunderstood. It's my dream to bust the myth of actors being rude. They are the only ones who are putting themselves out there. And for what? To win people's approval. It's not only about doing a good scene. People might still say moti lag rahi hai and kya bakwas dress pehena hai. Actors are vulnerable. So dating an actor would be difficult. You don't know what's going on his mind or how his day was. Maybe I've had a great day and signed a good deal while he could have had a pathetic day. There can be conflicts.

But being from the same industry wouldn't you understand an actor better than any other girl?
Actually you don't. It would be difficult to empathise and sympathise all the time. If you're an actor and come home at night and I want to chat with you or go out for dinner and you're not in the frame of mind... I will understand it once or twice but not after three years. Of course, there are successful couples in the industry but that's also because of the kind of people they are.

Okay, so what's your idea of romance?
It's not clichd. I don't like to be taken out for dinner. I don't like to dress up and go out on dates. Honestly, I like to be at home. Watch TV or movies, order food... just cute things. I don't believe in casual dating. I've been in relationships but they were serious, long term ones. Where I thought I'd marry the guy. I don't have one night stands. It's not about principles. It's just that I can't be with a person if I'm not romantically attracted to him. And I don't get attracted so easily.

When did you first fall in love?
My first love was in the university. I had completely fallen in love with this guy I was dating. I thought I would marry him. I believed he was the one.

How many heartbreaks have you had?
None.

Really?
It's strange. I've been in only two relationships. And in both, I backed out. I broke two hearts. I know it's all going to come back to me. Karma will make sure someone breaks my heart too. But it's okay. (Laughs) Heartbreaks make you a better actor. People who've suffered heartbreaks became good actors after their sad phase. They've had super successful films. I'm not wishing for one but just looking at the positive side.

How will you deal with heartbreak?
I'll be finished ya. I can't deal with it. I guess I'll be depressed and cry a lot.

For someone who digs her alone time', a relationship would impinge on that...
I won't get into a relationship until and unless I'm completely into someone. When you're in love, things change. I'll be a fun girlfriend. It's great to have someone to share stuff with, have meals with, etc. A relationship shapes you, helps you mature. Being in love always keeps you happy. Also, the problems which you go through in a relationship make you wiser and stronger.

What would you look for in your man?
Firstly, I have to be in love with him. He has to be intelligent. I don't go for looks and superficial things. He has to smell good.

Which co-star of yours has these qualities?
All of them have some good qualities. If I could find them all in one human being it would be great. For instance Arjun's niceness. He's a good human being. If you're his girlfriend, he'll take care of you... as he would of his wife or child. Sid has great looks. Ranveer has intelligence. I can talk to him about anything. I like the gentleman Aditya is. He's rock solid, genuine, honest, calls a spade a spade and doesn't paint any false picture. He's a positive human being.

Are you single right now?
Yes. I haven't found anyone yet. I'm only working ya. But enough, I want to be in a relationship now.

Varun Dhawan in an interview said that he would never date an actor...
Dating an actor is a different question altogether. Dating an actor is different from dating an industry person. Dating an actor will be difficult. I don't think I'd be able to do that.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

melody442 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
How can she manage to put off more with each passing interview? Not even talking about her sad love life. Ordinary men and women can just take pain killers and wear track pants to work when they are unfit/ having periods? No,milady they have to take over crowded public transport,report on time, look presentable,take calls,attend clients and meetings,make visits,submit reports and presentations every single day while earning peanuts compared to what you earn. But yeah wearing designer dresses and pouting in front of camera gotta be most thankless,stressful and traumatic job to do.
cool_vatsal thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -enchanted-

Apart from Ranveer, which other co-star you enjoyed working with?

My favourite would be Aditya Roy Kapur. I related the most with him. He's real and down to earth. We share a good sense of humour. I'm extremely close to Arjun Kapoor because we started our career together. Siddharth Malhotra and I are close too.

Which co-star of yours has these qualities?

All of them have some good qualities. If I could find them all in one human being it would be great. For instance Arjun's niceness. He's a good human being. If you're his girlfriend, he'll take care of you... as he would of his wife or child. Sid has great looks. Ranveer has intelligence. I can talk to him about anything. I like the gentleman Aditya is. He's rock solid, genuine, honest, calls a spade a spade and doesn't paint any false picture. He's a positive human being.

What she said about Aditya πŸ˜³

Tfs.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Ya man! Karma is a B*****!! Just ask Ranbir & Deepika. πŸ˜†

Rockstar part 2. πŸ˜†
krackjack thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Rockstar part 2. πŸ˜†

That was the first thing which came to mind. πŸ˜† Janardhan Jhakar urf JJ urf  Jordon in making. πŸ‘

HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Which film is she doing now?
Blackbillgates thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The journalist didnt ask why her career ended so quick. Edited by Rumpelstiltskin - 9 years ago
Originally posted by: krackjack

That was the first thing which came to mind. πŸ˜† Janardhan Jhakar urf JJ urf  Jordon in making. πŸ‘

Witty minds  think alike & all that. πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
Bhaadmejaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hanging arount with deeps lately πŸ˜›