Zindagi Channel

India-Forums

Zindagi Channel
Zindagi Channel

Do You want Dastaan aired on Zindagi TV? (Page 7)

Poll Question: Do u want Dastaan aired on Zindagi TV

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [48.15%]
26 [48.15%]
2 [3.70%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 06 January 2015 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Its funny how you pick words and try to justify what u say. I know who a sikh is and who a hindu is. And thats exactly what Im saying. For many pakistanis Indians are only hindus. But we arent just a country of hindus. Thats what Im saying. 
And oh come on,the whole show focussed more or less on the rape. That was the highlight! How Bano suffered as a result of the rape

And I was referring to this statement of yours "My point here was that there was reason for the religious identity to be highlighted in the play since the creation of Pakistan is directly related to it."

Im not denying the partition issue here. Ofcourse that led to this. But the hindu hatred began with the riots and Bano's rape. Dont deny it. So what else did u mean by it then? 

I think ur circling around a bit too much and seem to be covering up the main point. And ur thought process isnt necessarily being understood by me. My bad.

But just one last point,which isnt about India Pak. But I need to say this. Sikhs were targetted in the US post 9/11 thinking they were muslims coz they wore turbans. Im sure u are aware of that too. Sikhs have been suffering time and again. Targetting an entire section of a religion just bcoz of a few bad ones isnt right. This is why I believe hatred for Islam is wrong. SImilarly hatred for hinduism and hindus(Indians as per certain people) is wrong. The word 'hindu' infact doesnt refer to a person following Shri Ram,Vishnu or Mahesh,but someone who believes in spiritualism,one who seeks peace in meditation. 

Anyway,I rest my case. Thats all I had to say. Im entitled to my opinion just like you are to yours. 

Interesting chat. 

fqsb Groupbie
fqsb
fqsb

Posted: 06 January 2015 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Patthaaka.

Its funny how you pick words and try to justify what u say. I know who a sikh is and who a hindu is. And thats exactly what Im saying. For many pakistanis Indians are only hindus. But we arent just a country of hindus. Thats what Im saying.
And oh come on,the whole show focussed more or less on the rape. That was the highlight! How Bano suffered as a result of the rape

And I was referring to this statement of yours "My point here was that there was reason for the religious identity to be highlighted in the play since the creation of Pakistan is directly related to it."

Im not denying the partition issue here. Ofcourse that led to this. But the hindu hatred began with the riots and Bano's rape. Dont deny it. So what else did u mean by it then?

I think ur circling around a bit too much and seem to be covering up the main point. And ur thought process isnt necessarily being understood by me. My bad.

But just one last point,which isnt about India Pak. But I need to say this. Sikhs were targetted in the US post 9/11 thinking they were muslims coz they wore turbans. Im sure u are aware of that too. Sikhs have been suffering time and again. Targetting an entire section of a religion just bcoz of a few bad ones isnt right. This is why I believe hatred for Islam is wrong. SImilarly hatred for hinduism and hindus(Indians as per certain people) is wrong. The word 'hindu' infact doesnt refer to a person following Shri Ram,Vishnu or Mahesh,but someone who believes in spiritualism,one who seeks peace in meditation.

Anyway,I rest my case. Thats all I had to say. Im entitled to my opinion just like you are to yours.

Interesting chat.

Firstly, I dont need to "justify" anything as I have an equal right to have my say as you do. Secondly, this may be your mistaken impression but "most" Pakistanis most certainly dont think that only Hindus live in India, just one exampleas you notice would be the play itself whuch clearly included Sikh characters too. Thirdly, you keep expressing your personal opinions as facts. The repeated rape, brutalization and mental torture Bano went through at the hands of her captor were only ONE phase of the drama. There were SEVERAL episodes before that point AND after that point. The murder of her family, the loss of her innocent worldview and the process of intended recovery were all also addressed. The drama had no one focus, it was a richly woven tapestry. In fact, the whole notion of a Daastaan in Urdu literature is a story so broad that it has stories within stories within stories.

I dont know what you mean by "Hindu hatred" but the deep cleavages between the 2 communities were crystal clear and definitely didnt originate from the partition process itself or the rapes that happened then. These cleavages long pre-existed and lead to partition. I have zero reason to "cover up" any points and nowhere did I say that either I or Pakistanis were driven by Daastaan to hate Hindus. But just as Indians tell the story of partition from their perspective, Pakistan has every right to do this too. As for a few Sikhs being targetted after 9/11, Pakistani movie Khuda Kay Liye addressed this fact. You may like that film if you give it a try.

If Zindagi channel shows this drama, it will easily play into the hands of those who have caused such a furore about PK and Daastaan will be an easier target as it IS a Pakistani product ( as opposed to PK which is simply claimed to be ISI funded).
riti4u IF-Stunnerz
riti4u
riti4u

Posted: 07 January 2015 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pk14

after reading some comments i would say it shouldn't b onaired . The reason is same like other said that we have been exposed to indian content for too long . We watched thier dramas and we have been watching films since partition . A drama which can incite even 2 % of hatred among ppl . Then they shouldnt air it . You guys wouldnt belive it . But i watched gaddar with my family . And we enjoyed it , Apart from the fact that in that movie they degraded pakistanis and mentality of a father whose daughter married to sikh . But i wasn't offended because i knew its from the other side . And they will show what they feel about us. Its their movie . They have every right to do what ever they want . But the song '' udh ja kalay kawan '' and other '' may nikla gaddi lay k '' were a huge hit . Same goes for us . What we feel or what we beleive as a society we will depict it in our content . And dastaan is not anything ordinary . It has been written by one of the bestest urdu writers of the century ''Razia Butt '' .  
Point is is no one is right . Its all about perceptions . Those who fought for pakistan . We will consider them our heroes and may b they will b consider villans to u . Vice versa those who fought for india will b your heroes and villans for us .
As far as Dastan content is considered .Yes there are few dialogues that can incite huge reaction from indian viewers . So better not to b aired . But even i will b glad enough to tell . Even the novelist kept that in mind and she has shown weaknes of paksitanis too . Bano was not only raped by a sikh but she was being opperessed by his fellow pakistanis too . And this one thing i would say shows the side that pakistanis dont consider them the truthful nation at all . We showthe worst issues we have in pakistan in our dramas . We never hide our weakneses . As a pakistani drama viewer i have seen each drama gives us lesson . it lifts society issue . Specially the issues of women . 
Again i dont want it to b aired . As pakistanis its very near to our hearts .If it doesnt bring india and pakistan close then zindagi shouldnt do it . 

Hi,I must say out of all comments that I have read ,I found your quite similar with my views. Though I have different view about watching anti Pakistani movie by you and airing of an anti Indian show on Indian national TV.I am sure Gadar would not have played in theatres right similarly many Indians in this forum have seen the show and enjoyed too but airing on TV is what I strongly disagree with. Honestly zindagi shows give us what it is like for ppl across border and in many ways it is reducing prejudices we had...in other words it will b too soon to see other side of partition when our audience is just opening up to life across the border..
KaranSG_01 IF-Dazzler
KaranSG_01
KaranSG_01

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 9:26am | IP Logged
I personally don't dislike dastaan but i feel that it will lead to many conflicts if aired in India.Many leople may not like it.So i don't think they should air it on zindagi.
Seema1987 Goldie
Seema1987
Seema1987

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 10:10am | IP Logged
i would love to watch daastan on zindagi...i heard its promos are out..i know some ppl would not like it bt i think india is a secular country so can handle it..its call freedom of expression
Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Seema1987

i would love to watch daastan on zindagi...i heard its promos are out..i know some ppl would not like it bt i think india is a secular country so can handle it..its call freedom of expression

Ate you sure ? Dastaan is beautiful drama ,no doubt but  haters have zero tolerance , will not waist a second to create controversy . Where is freedom of expression when art  in any form becomes the target of mob mentality people . Petty mind people just need an excuse to create  havoc.One has to be unbiased and open minded . 
.Archangel. IF-Sizzlerz
.Archangel.
.Archangel.

Posted: 10 January 2015 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Friends, I read all ur views. As a viewer I wud love to watch Dastaan on our TV. Cuz As a viewer Im very unbiased and open-minded. I recall, my father was telling me that when my Great-Grandparents at the time of partiton moved from Lahore To Lucknow, A Muslim helped them till the fullest. He was actually the landlord of the house they were living in.. So thats what counts the most. It totally depends upon from the POV of Viewer. As a viewer if u want to see the negative/positive side thats cumpletly their choice. As far as the PK fiasco is concerned, The revolts are pouring in from Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Bajrang Dal but ppl are loving and appreciating it. And the muvie has garnered 300 crore. All, I want to convey is If Dastaan is loved by the ppl then the revolts shudnt matter.. PK was demanded to be banned but it wasnt! And I remember, My Grandmother was once saying that Partition was a curse which was faced by both sides, But this curse was faced by women the most be it this side or that side.. Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.Neerjaa

diksha2711 Goldie
diksha2711
diksha2711

Posted: 11 January 2015 at 1:13am | IP Logged
I want to wtch the shw,,, I knw it has some controversial scenes bt People are not bad the situation is good or bad.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa.Archangel.

Go to top