Zindagi Channel

India-Forums

Zindagi Channel
Zindagi Channel

Do You want Dastaan aired on Zindagi TV? (Page 4)

Poll Question: Do u want Dastaan aired on Zindagi TV

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [48.15%]
26 [48.15%]
2 [3.70%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 7:59am | IP Logged
                             Editing will loose the essence of the story as its based on a novel Bano . And how much will be edited ? Its the story from other side of point of view as we also have so many books written on Partition and some made in to movies . This is history and both sides have suffered specially women who were soft target . While looking all this tamasha about PK where even calling Aamir  a traitor . And same was happened with Dilip Kumar when he was given the highest award from Pakistan . And that made him shattered . People with low mentality can not rise above petty politics .  These kind of people are nothing just haters and have mob mentality . And irony is most may not even have seen the movie .
             I Loved  Dastaan . As for youngsters in educated crowd have so many questions about Gandhi and that time people . But Zindgi should refrain from airing Dastaan when it has shown good and bad people in the same community . People are hypocrite ,we can appreciate Pinjar , Tamas , Train to ..., Garam Hawa , and so much of about partition . Now we  are living in the world where its Zero - tolerance . 
                         I would never like that Zindgi become the target of haters and people are deprived of good content shows .  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RaatriSwishCrawley

pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Amri-

I don't think it's a good idea. Especially after how much of goodwill the channel has managed to win with all its shows.

I have not watched the show. I am not so narrow-minded to think that there is only one side to the story. That's why it is said that there is no history, there are histories. I am very well aware that both countries have suffered immensely and are still trying to come to terms with this horrifying, tortuous event, which involved human rights violations and retributive genocides on both sides. 

But sometimes I think- am I really so broad-minded? I do not take offence at the slightest of things, and I am not jingoistic- but there are some things that are so ingrained in me that I cannot let go of them- patriotic fervour, for one.

And the anti-Gandhi rhetoric being spoken of - that makes me very uncomfortable from the word go. I would probably have to summon a lot of courage before I start watching this series, so that I have the objectivity that it demands. 
very well put and agree with each word you wrote.

I am huge admirer of Fawad's work and I have read rave reviews for his performance and Sanam Baloch's portrayal of Bano. But till date just never have been able to give the show a chance. I just don't see myself being that objective watching it and not getting affected at all when it portrays uncomfortable stuff even if it means another side of coin. I do not want myself to get jittery thinking why am I watching this? may be I need to be more tolerant with other people perspective.

having said that, still will watch it when zindagi airs it  with a hope that its content is seen with lot of patience and open minded and it does not back fire on the channel. Ouch

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage...Amri..Serendipity..Neerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pinkeye

I don't think it's a good idea. Especially after how much of goodwill the channel has managed to win with all its shows.

I have not watched the show. I am not so narrow-minded to think that there is only one side to the story. That's why it is said that there is no history, there are histories. I am very well aware that both countries have suffered immensely and are still trying to come to terms with this horrifying, tortuous event, which involved human rights violations and retributive genocides on both sides. 

But sometimes I think- am I really so broad-minded? I do not take offence at the slightest of things, and I am not jingoistic- but there are some things that are so ingrained in me that I cannot let go of them- patriotic fervour, for one.

And the anti-Gandhi rhetoric being spoken of - that makes me very uncomfortable from the word go. I would probably have to summon a lot of courage before I start watching this series, so that I have the objectivity that it demands. 

I am huge admirer of Fawad's work and I have read rave reviews for his performance and Sanam Baloch's portrayal of Bano. But till date just never have been able to give the show a chance. I just don't see myself being that objective watching it and not getting affected at all when it portrays uncomfortable stuff even if it means another side of coin. I do not want myself to get jittery thinking why am I watching this? may be I need to be more tolerant with other people perspective.

having said that, still will watch it when zindagi airs it  with a hope that its content is seen with lot of patience and open minded and it does not back fire on the channel. Ouch

Payal do you think people  will watch this show with out being unbiased ? I do not think . I have seen Dastaan but why i was not offended with so many things i do not know . It was their truth as we have ours . And these kind of stuff is not everybody,s cup of tea. There are many dialogues  which people will find offensive , how many will watch with open mind ?
                              I do not know who recommended me in early stages of Zindgi launch but for me Bano was the face of thousands of women . Have balanced the drama where good and bad people are from the same community and how she is betrayed by her owns . Watch it . But will never recommend that Zindgi should air it ,already we daily have people being the censoring the movies . 
                   Zindgi channel is already threat to Indian channel , so many times have read thenegative  posts here . Better to avoid this . 

maryoma27pinkeye

riff Groupbie
riff
riff

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
As a Pakistani I think serial Daastan should not go on air in India if our i indian friend sdo not think it good to be aired in India. They know better what should be shown. If the serial is going to be aired just for cast (Fawad-sanam baloch) then why not "Akbari Asghari". It is a good comedy serial if things like cousin marriage. is not an objection And if. Dastan is being aired because of its good story thaen I would suggest "Malaal" of Umera Ahmed. Very nice package. Story, direction, acting etc.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SwishCrawley

pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neerjaa

Payal do you think people  will watch this show with out being unbiased ? I do not think . I have seen Dastaan but why i was not offended with so many things i do not know . It was their truth as we have ours . And these kind of stuff is not everybody,s cup of tea. There are many dialogues  which people will find offensive , how many will watch with open mind ?
                              I do not know who recommended me in early stages of Zindgi launch but for me Bano was the face of thousands of women . Have balanced the drama where good and bad people are from the same community and how she is betrayed by her owns . Watch it . But will never recommend that Zindgi should air it ,already we daily have people being the censoring the movies . 
                   Zindgi channel is already threat to Indian channel , so many times have read thenegative  posts here . Better to avoid this . 

Neerja, zindagi has a very niche audience who wants to see realistic content sans heavy drama. well written, well acted dramas are appreciated by those niche audience. So We can hope that people can see it with that tolerance. Having said that, will add I have serious apprehensions about it as I do feel that it will also become centre of talking point for its anti-india perspective . We all know how mob mentality work nowdays, so one spark is enough to create havoc. Look at PK protests, people have taken it to this far and I believe most people involved in vandalism even did not care to watch the movie. That's how it works here. So Dastan airing here only gives Danger sign for the channel. But the channel has already decided to go ahead with it and promos are on air. So nothing much can be done now. so lets wait and watch the situation.

about the show, I am yet to watch it, so reserving my opinions about it. Don't know how much comfortable I would be too while watching and how unbiased perspective I can have.

SwishCrawleyNeerjaa

shreya11mehra IF-Stunnerz
shreya11mehra
shreya11mehra

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 1:58am | IP Logged
C its not our choice  that dastan sud aired on zindagi or not..as thy already planned to air it...
I hope thy vl cut anti india and anti gandhi portions..bcz hassan dialogues vl b counted bcz fk vl play the character..n he is most loving  man in both countries. ..

Bt yeah i hv seen fw scenes of dastan...on yt obviously...n i thnk i hvng mental block already...

I really dnt want dastan to gv a scratch  on fk image...as hz sumwhr a oeace ambambassador  btwn both countries...n ppl/bw  frm here also come frwrd n embrace each othr issues n problems...i dnt want any such series ruin tis effort or fk image..

Bt i vl love to gv a try to dastaan...rest is upto the editing  ...

Edited by shreya11mehra - 03 January 2015 at 9:04am
Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:28am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Neerjaa

Neerja, zindagi has a very niche audience who wants to see realistic content sans heavy drama. well written, well acted dramas are appreciated by those niche audience. So We can hope that people can see it with that tolerance. Having said that, will add I have serious apprehensions about it as I do feel that it will also become centre of talking point for its anti-india perspective . We all know how mob mentality work nowdays, so one spark is enough to create havoc. Look at PK protests, people have taken it to this far and I believe most people involved in vandalism even did not care to watch the movie. That's how it works here. So Dastan airing here only gives Danger sign for the channel. But the channel has already decided to go ahead with it and promos are on air. So nothing much can be done now. so lets wait and watch the situation.

about the show, I am yet to watch it, so reserving my opinions about it. Don't know how much comfortable I would be too while watching and how unbiased perspective I can have.

Go for Dastaan then ,Zindgi if airs then surely will edit the dialogues . I was not apprehensive as i listen so much about what was happened   before partition , some decisions were justified and some were not later period . I am more into serious stuff as was in the case of HS. FK , Sanam Rabia all did great job in the latr episodes and Sanam,s confrontation with Hasan was heat wrenching . Only if you think as a woman then you can understand the pain . 
                              And as for PK what kind of game is being  played . Ramdev  baba ji telling there is nothing . UP ,Bihar and many states are making it tax free . Just this movie turned into politics drama . After watching this kind of reaction , i do not want this show to be aired . Zindgi now is in small town also and people are addicted to this channel slowly .  

Edited by Neerjaa - 01 January 2015 at 11:30am
fqsb Groupbie
fqsb
fqsb

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 5:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nevah_mind

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I don't think it's a good idea. Especially after how much of goodwill the channel has managed to win with all its shows.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I hhow. I am not so narrow-minded to think that there is only one side to the story. That's why it is said that there is no history, there are histories. I am very well aware that both countries have suffered immensely and are still trying to come to terms with this horrifying, tortuous event, which involved human rights violations and retributive genocides on both sides.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">But sometimes I think- am I really so broad-minded? I do not take offence at the slightest of things, and I am not jingoistic- but there are some things that are soingrained in me that I cannot let go of them- patriotic fervour, for one.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">And the anti-Gandhi rhetoric being spoken of - that makes me very uncomfortable from the word go. I would probably have to summon a lot of courage before I start watching this series, so that I have the objectivity that it demands.</font>

completely agree. I'm very open minded when it comes to religion (my fiance is a Muslim, and I'm not, so that should pretty much show how I am where religion is concerned. Can it be more open minded than that?) But where it is our (his and mine) country, we have very strong feelings about it.
Both of us couldn't take the anti-India stance in Dastaan. It was hurtful and accusing, as though we were the only ones causing the atrocities and they were the only ones who suffered. The few dialogues in between very clearly and strongly indicated that. So covering it up by a Sikh saving Bano and a Pakistani raping her again in the end, is not good enough as appeasement or a cover up for an Indian viewer, by and large.
I doubt that unless someone is a huge huge huge huge fan of Fawad and Sanam, these issues will be overlooked, unless its edited AND it doesn't drive people to go and watch the original episodes online.

Having said that, I will also quote something that my fiance mentioned. That because its India, we're not only considering airing it, but we're also actually airing it (edited or not) which only we will do because by and large, even when there are protests, there are enough people who voice out opinions in support.
The people who protest are unemployed goondas. They know nothing about Hinduism, which is obvious with their actions. To add to this, we don't have top celebs who have huge fan followings spread these negative things.
I was reading Hamza Ali Abbas' FB page and the hatred he has against India is sickening. If SRK or HR or anyone of that stature made comments like that about Pak, they would have got a lot of flak from the vocal ones, whose voices would have been even louder.
For all the protest about PK, there are people who are shouting right back and telling them to stop being bigoted, narrow minded, blind rogues.

You can see that open practical mind right here, in this forum. So many of us are willing to just look at the story of 2 individuals during a historic event. Which IMO, is extremely big hearted and open minded. But that also doesn't mean that people who don't like it are narrow minded. Yes, people who get physically violent and are offensive in their defense are, but not those who decide that its hurtful and voice that opinion.

With all the references made to the movies/series made in India about partition, it doesn't hold any justification in this regard.
Yes, we have made movies, but Pakistan even banned Veer Zara, for reasons best known to them. Not grudging them, I'm sure they have their reasons.
So what I'm trying to say is that just because we also have stories made on partition, is no justification for us to air/telecast/release their version in their movies.
People who have watched Buniyaad, a soap in the 80's about partition will know that we have also made a TV show, which was a love story set in the time of partition. So beautifully and sensitively made, without throwing mud on anyone's face. There are all kinds of things and feelings out there. We should look at all before we beat ourselves up so much over it.

With all due respect, a Pakistani project has no need to "appease" Indian sensitivities by adding any plotlines or characters and it would be arrogant of anybody to imagine so. There is a long list of virulently anti-Pakistani productions from India and "appeasing" Pakistan wasnt their motivation. Pakistanis have the right to tell their own truth and they have no reason to be apologetic about this.

Your holier than thou stance about India considering airing such a show is amusing when even the Pakistan Zindabad slogan was edited out of Nurpur ki Rani and at the time of the current PK controversy and the constant tenterhooks on which Indian Muslim actors are placed. Pakistanis have received countless Indian films with negative representations about Pakistan without belligerently setting fire to cinemas. Even in a film supposedly centered on love like Veer Zaara, Pakistan was depicted as repressive and backward as the Rani Mukherjee character went around wearing a dupatta on her head 24/7 while in India people were perpetually dancing and singing songs of love while the fields somehow miraculously produced endless bounties. Pakistanis have long learned to roll their eyes at such hypocrisy and move on, Indian films are shown in Pakistani cinemas and TV channels, Indian dramas and shows on TV and because Pakistanis have had exposure to Indian entertainment ever since 1947, we can see Indua as a more multi-faceted reality despite the hostility that may be directed at Pak.

The same is not true of India as this exposure to Pakistani stories and art is very limited in India and has just begun. It will take a long time before the humanity of the Pakistani people is fully understood across the border when so much effort has been invested politically in negative representations. I dont buy the excuse that its only the uneducated who back the anti-PK protests. One look at Twitter and the hatred spewed by plenty of English speaking Indians is enough to dismiss that claim.

As for Hamza Ali Abbassi, he has clearly cautioned people on his Facebook account not to hate Indians or Americans as people because of bad policies by their govts. Its funny how you ignored that. There is a long list of hateful comments, pathetically shameful portrayals of Pakistanis and stereotypical portrayals of Muslims in Indian entertainment. Pakistan hasnt produced even a FRACTION of such negativity and you can take as much time as you want to research that.

Having said all this, I dont think Daastaan should be aired in India. The fact that the solution offered is to butcher the show by removing any dialogues that might offend Indians is itself ironic considering the fact that this is supposed to be proof of the "tolerance" involved. How far will the show be edited when the channel doesnt feel comfortable with the mere words Pakistan Zindabad? Its best to not air it because clearly its only too convenient a target for those who dont want the Pakistani narrative to be given any space.

Go to top