ArHi SS: Berries & Vodka Ch7A Page 25 04/16 - Page 4

Posted: 9 years ago
Hey there! Yes SOME cliches are fun but what I meant when I said that "I expect you tale to be very different coz of the unique title" is that when I read "Berries & Vodka" and the first chapter the thoughts that went through my mind are as follows: 

Khushi is obviously a normal middle/lower class girl with a humdrum existence. I thought that maybe she and Arnav meet and that he shows her a totally different life, opens her up to new experiences, makes her realise that there is a whole other world beyond marrying and producing babies. And sometime during this interesting journey they fall in love. Hence the title Berries and Vodka (from what he makes her indulge in and taste). 

In no way did I mean to pressure you. You being the author have the full rights to take this story forward as you deem fit and I am willing to read it as it's interesting. Was just giving my POV. 

Coming to CH 3. 

Yup this font is much better! Thanks for acting on my sugeestion! 

Oh there is a secret well-wisher in the office  for our dear Khushi. A part of me wants it to be Arnav but I know it ain't possible. Was lovely to read her experiences in the 2 months that she has been working. Glad to see that La has taken her under her wing. But Buaji is being a pain in the bum. Ufff, these silly girls with the shallow need to show off. Gooo Khushi, be super indifferent and super efficient and show them all what you are made of. Whoa Payal (WAIT, you haven't given her a name yet, Payal is Khushi's jiji na???) has arrived and the good thing is that Khushi will get some distraction at home as well. Seriously what is up with Preeto??? Loved Khushi's comeback at that! Felt so sad reading how low she feels that night. You described her thoughts and the whole gamut of emotions she undergoes from loneliness to sadness to despair and finally hopelessness very beautifully. 

La notices something is wrong with our heroine. Good for her, God knows that Khushi definitely needs people who look out for her. Poor girl has way too many issues already. Reading about Khushi all dull and drab really pulls me down as well. Wooohooo to Akash for telling it like it is to La. ME likey! WHAT THE????? How does Akash know Payal????? Since when??? Boy there are so many mysteries here!!! The convo between Arnav and Anjali was sweet. But again it made me very curious as to who this woman in Arnav's life was that he is still so affected by it? Is it Sheetal??? Arnav's concern about Akash was very endearing... Can't wait to see/read what happens next. 

Thanks for the PM.

Edited by the_breeze - 9 years ago
Originally posted by the_breeze

Yes do let us know how we should address you! 

And see even she agrees with the new font 😃

My two cents on Ch 3 on pg 5! 

Hello you two. I'm not decided on the font color. Used up three different colors, if you've noticed. First page has two and the third update a different color. Tell me which works best. 

Call me Page 😃

Forgot to mention, I don't have a fixed posting schedule. I steal time away at work to write😃. It means most of the updates will be during the weekdays, mostly. I will update when I can.

Edited by Pages - 9 years ago
Very nicely written. Loved the story. Already waiting for future parts.

Thanks for changing the font. It was much better and readable.
Wow Buaji n other obnoxious bitches should be wiped out of this planet ... But that will be too easy.. Maybe they should be all turned into morbidly obese women... That will teach them a thing about challenges of fitting in n feeling unloved for something they can't control!!
Originally posted by shruti46

oh i got the ans.just now sended u a Pm regarding vanishing of update .:)

now on chapter ..
there are so many prb and so many people..
arnav , khushi .lav.akash.anjali .buaji.bankelal..even shyamu too !!!
looks like we need lots of berries and vodka to cater all present here

why lav suddenly changed ?
and this payal is same khushi ki jiji !!

lots of gossip abt arnav...
and did he became saint just after only 1 one night stand ? again WHY

lots of ques are roaming in my mind .

Hey Shruti, Thanks for all your feedback!! Payal=Jiji. yes. For other questions, keep reading on. And don't be too quick to form opinions on Arnav Babua based on rumors. He might surprise you.

Saint Arnav? Now that just doesn't sound right, if you know what I mean. 😃
Originally posted by the_breeze

Hey there! Yes SOME cliches are fun but what I meant when I said that "I expect you tale to be very different coz of the unique title" is that when I read "Berries & Vodka" and the first chapter the thoughts that went through my mind are as follows: 

Khushi is obviously a normal middle/lower class girl with a humdrum existence. I thought that maybe she and Arnav meet and that he shows her a totally different life, opens her up to new experiences, makes her realise that there is a whole other world beyond marrying and producing babies. And sometime during this interesting journey they fall in love. Hence the title Berries and Vodka (from what he makes her indulge in and taste). 

In no way did I mean to pressure you. You being the author have the full rights to take this story forward as you deem fit and I am willing to read it as it's interesting. Was just giving my POV. 

i was kidding. its absolutely fine, please don't hesitate to give me feedback or comments or even curse buaji or those obnoxious bitches as t_c has done somewhere in this post. thats like the whole plot there, just lets me in on what my readers are thinking already. i am sure berries and vodka conjures up saintly images 😃 we'll get to that when we do. 

Coming to CH 3. 

Yup this font is much better! Thanks for acting on my sugeestion! 

Oh there is a secret well-wisher in the office  for our dear Khushi. A part of me wants it to be Arnav but I know it ain't possible. Was lovely to read her experiences in the 2 months that she has been working. Glad to see that La has taken her under her wing. But Buaji is being a pain in the bum. Ufff, these silly girls with the shallow need to show off. Gooo Khushi, be super indifferent and super efficient and show them all what you are made of. Whoa Payal (WAIT, you haven't given her a name yet, Payal is Khushi's jiji na???) has arrived and the good thing is that Khushi will get some distraction at home as well. Seriously what is up with Preeto??? Loved Khushi's comeback at that! Felt so sad reading how low she feels that night. You described her thoughts and the whole gamut of emotions she undergoes from loneliness to sadness to despair and finally hopelessness very beautifully. 

La notices something is wrong with our heroine. Good for her, God knows that Khushi definitely needs people who look out for her. Poor girl has way too many issues already. Reading about Khushi all dull and drab really pulls me down as well. Wooohooo to Akash for telling it like it is to La. ME likey! WHAT THE????? How does Akash know Payal????? Since when??? Boy there are so many mysteries here!!! The convo between Arnav and Anjali was sweet. But again it made me very curious as to who this woman in Arnav's life was that he is still so affected by it? Is it Sheetal??? Arnav's concern about Akash was very endearing... Can't wait to see/read what happens next. 

Thanks for the PM.

honestly,, it did not occur to me that i hadnt given jiji a name. thats like bad writing isn't it? its like payal is automatically synonymous with jiji , so it never occurred to me otherwise. arnav and khushi will obvious meet at some point in this story. it was important to set the backdrop for that. now that khushi's side has been established we can move forward. you guys have so many questions already 😆

keep em coming!

looks like u were not the only one bothered about the font. thanks for pointing that out. now just help me fix the color too.

Page

Edited by Pages - 9 years ago

Ah havnt formed any opinion yet!
arnav md saint!!!!!
naah
doent suit his THE ASR image ..
butmake him.saint after khushi comes in his life :P
P.S mycontri on fonts . .keep similar fonts thruout the story .
and make dialogues bold or italics and keep remain simple..it help in
distinguishing
Hi
The titile is very interesting which led me to this story.

And looks intersting too:)

Hey there!! Interesting concept and loving the story so far! Good job!
Firstky, thanks for the PM.
Secondly, you want us to call you Page!
Really?
So Page, does Aakash know Payal?
So that sets the stage for Khushi and Arnav meeting in the near future.
Arnav can't be so bad!
Why does he have such a reputation in his own office?
Will be waiting for him to turn up at the party.

Wish you a very Happy New Year.