India-Forums

finally he said it all..:) (Page 3)

adi2512 IF-Sizzlerz
adi2512
adi2512

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by laughter512

This would be the fitting end to the story of 3 individuals who had been victims of fate the and fate only brings them together. Giving one the reason to live again, becoming a support to other, and enabling the third to fulfill her dreams. Pure human bonding and loveClap

Absolutely.

All of this told in a most simplistic manner, in simple lines, with simple characterizations, in a simple setting...where in just this simplicity is enough to have a whole some viewing experience.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spidieCatcherInTheRye

soapbubble IF-Rockerz
soapbubble
soapbubble

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Just wanted to add my two-bit to the discussion between prc_fan and adi:

You both make interesting and valid observations. We don't know too much about Mariam - but it does appear from the flashbacks that she was pretty, very sweet, somewhat naive, not very ambitious and willing to give in and give up. In particular, I'm remembering the time Tauseef teased her saying he couldn't marry her because he had to marry Naeema. Mariam was miserable but she said, "ok, do what you have to, obey your family.. you have my good dua for your future." 

I found that very intriguing. Here is a college going girl, so nice and so soft, she's not even willing to make a scene when her boyfriend calmly says he's obligated to marry someone else!
I don't want to read that as a negative thing - in fact, it is very generous of her.

Mariam seems to have an easy, comfortable life till Tauseef died. A life that allowed her to be soft.
And after Tauseef died, she was too dazed, too full of grief and too well brought up to protest when Younus and Naseema started to subtly control and insult her. By the time she had gathered her wits and begun to think that Najma was suffering because of this, the pattern had been set. She was dependent on Younus for looking after herself and her daughter, she tried to compensate by working in the house but it was not till the 'Tennis bhooth' happened and Imran told her to consult only her God and no one else that Mariam really woke up.

The day she decided to permit Najma to play tennis, she knew the time to assert herself had come. She was just postponing it for the sake of harmony. And now that the secret was out, she came out guns blaring - she was not ashamed and had no intention of buckling to Younus' bullying ways. I don't know what would ahve happened if Imran had not intervened. What would Mariam have done? Disobeyed Younus, left the house, taken up a job? We know she is willing to do anything to let Najma pursue her dreams.

Anyway, since the story has to finish here, she has a feminist in Imran supporting them all the way.
So sad that it ends tomorrow!!
Bubble 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

paljayadi2512

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Tum Sath Ho Jab Apne Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index