Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

Dystopia - Manik OS

basket_101 IF-Rockerz
basket_101
basket_101

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
Hey guys!
I'm Hinal (:
I started watching this show last month, and have been addicted ever since.
I've been a frequent, yet silent, visitor on this forum.
I loove writing, and since a while now, I've been wanting to write something on KY2 but I was going through somewhat of a writer's block.
I finally thought of something, and figured I should share it here.
I hope you like it!
Comments/feedback always appreciated Embarrassed
Buddy me for pms (:

And now, here goes the part:

Dystopia

I surrender, my heart spoke.  Yet my mind was determined to hold on tight, to put forth no compromise.

She left me, my mind screamed, just like everyone else does.

But I made her, my heart tried to reason.

I shut my ears tight, tired of hearing these voices battle each other constantly.  Countless emotions surging through my veins, but the most strongest of all, anger.  Towards myself.  Towards her.  Towards her.

I shouldn't love.  Ever.  It never works out; and with the current turn of events, looks like it never will either.

Why did I think someday I could have a perfect life?  Nothing was ever going to be right in my life, apart from my friends.  But even they can't fill this gaping hole, this empty void.  No one ever could, except the two women in my life.

The first, who never cared.  The second, who pretends to not care but cares so much that she has to try hard to not care.  Or so she says, my mind spitted out.  She's just like the others, it prodded me further.

The more I tried to block the voices, the louder they screamed.

You forced her to leave; do you really think the world revolves around you?

But she should have understood.  If she really knew you as well as she said she did, then she would have seen right through the lie.  If she really meant her promise of always trusting you, she would have understood your blatant lies were just deceptive facades.  But she never did.  She never did.

How do you expect her to have so much trust on you?  Especially after all that you've done!?

Stop defending her!  Let that go; had she really wanted to, she would have accepted your countless apologies.  Even after all that had happened, she chose to move away from you.

-

Manik, we can't be together.

It's not meant to be.

You only give me pain; I only give you pain.

This will never work out.

-

I was all alone again.  Nyonika didn't care.  Nandini doesn't care.

I should have known from my past.  I can never count on another person.

It was better before when I didn't let anyone take care of me.  I took care of Fab5, of Dhruv, of Mukti, Alya, Cabir...  Harshad too at a point.  How could I be so stupid to think I could have someone taking care of me like that?  That wasn't meant for me; it was my pathos.  It always felt as if I was stuck in an endlessly hopeless world.  Carrying out, eventually to be, futile endeavours to change my destiny was an old habit of mine.  Things could have worked out Manik, but you are the one who ruined itAn ounce of trust was what she needed; nothing more.

Throwing the beer bottle to the wall precisely mirrored the scenario in my head.  The glass shards pierced my skin, like her words pricked me.  The blood dripped down my fingers, but it had no effect on me.

I sat there, with a blank mind.  So many thoughts streaming in my mind, all surging at the same time, preventing any sort of coherence.

This was my destiny.  My future.

A foreshadow of my life.

I was never meant for love.

Picking up my guitar, I walked away from the room.  Straying away from the comfort of my house.

Walking towards nowhere in particular, I strummed the instrument in a tranquilized state.  My guitar was the only soulmate I had.  The only thing that would ever really be able to care for me in a selfless way.  The music calmed my nerves; helped enlighten my mind away from the other thoughts.  As if on cue, I saw Fab5 in a distance, sitting in our usual spot at the caf, laughing with each other.

I put my shades on, and my smirk on.  It was time for the old Manik to be back.  The one who didn't believe in being taken care of.  I smirked in despair, rather than attitude.  But it was feisty enough to be mistaken otherwise.

The shield of hubris to cover the poignancy in my life.  I smiled some more; the old Manik was definitely back.

-- The End

Glad you made it to the end LOL

I hope you liked the OS.  I tried hard to make this coherent.  But do let me know if there's something you didn't like, or hated even.  Manik is a complex character, and this is just my insight into his dilemma.

Waiting to read your comments Big smile

Lots of love,

Hinal Hug

Edited by basket_101 - 25 December 2014 at 5:11pm

The following 55 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet05Jashasyasonai-adricapurple_rulesreena1146HeavenAngelrakshitha9630UshuMuffinheadManan_obsessionBornInFiremysticrystalfairy95Stella_8Dappy111.FieryPhoenix.ramya26jdotsAmbyliciousswarobi1chandana123rubys07HTA111ABCDesiGirl93-LarryGurl-kriti094yogendra1Muggle_DiariesArshirox97-mehr-aairahahmadapardh_baA.HajnalamisuvSrujana7.MaNanshahzKaShforever06MKrayZeedhruvikaluvsKSG-bharti-ForeverForUAutumn_HuePriziHumzynits_viratholicN_NiyaPrettyAaShuunewmoon18PrincessAshViknavk_keertu_sonia_1EnduranceMysticRiver-PyaariBhootni-

sonia_1 IF-Stunnerz
sonia_1
sonia_1

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 7:32pm | IP Logged

Beautifully written OS ... describing Manik's loneliness even though he is surrounded by his friends. Music is his true refuge.

Tfs

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

basket_101

Autumn_Hue IF-Rockerz
Autumn_Hue
Autumn_Hue

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
A great insight into Manik's character hinal.. I loved this one shot great writing, keep writing more.. 

basket_101

_keertu_ IF-Sizzlerz
_keertu_
_keertu_

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
that was written beautifully!!Clap

basket_101

Humzy IF-Rockerz
Humzy
Humzy

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:47am | IP Logged
awsm os
beautifully written
loved it

basket_101

Ambylicious Senior Member
Ambylicious
Ambylicious

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:52am | IP Logged
WOW... very very nicely written ClapClap
you described Manik's inner turmoil very beautifully. the words you used and the mind vs heart talk was fabulous. This kind of writing is way more tougher than story telling and hats off to u for the splendid job. StarStarStar

Please do write more. EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

also give me links of your other works.I would love to read them.

love 
amby

basket_101

mysti Senior Member
mysti
mysti

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 2:24am | IP Logged
this was one beautiful piece on Manik
Kudos to you

basket_101