Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Isn't this Salim character too much self contradictory ?

.Lonewalker. IF-Sizzlerz
.Lonewalker.
.Lonewalker.

Crazy Creative Junior

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
I searched the forum for a topic discussing the contradictions in Salim's character , couldn't find one so thought to make one myself LOL

This adult Salim looks very confusing to me Ermm The kiddo Salim...appeared to be a total brainwashed brat (courtesy Ruku darling) , liar, ill mannered, tantrum thrower etc etc ...but I don't get this adult Salim's characterisation. He's so self contradictory Confused

In his entry scene he gave a long speech on "dil" , "dil se sochna" etc etc . He instructed to send the defeated n killed soldiers to their home wid full respect, asked to tell tales about their supposed bravery so that their family feel proud of them etc etc...which are actually signs of having a kind heart . Now my question is , if he has grown up with such a gold plated heart , why doesn't he realise whatever he did or his Ruku ammi taught him in his childhood were WRONG & IMMORAL ?? Ermm

He still holds grudge that his parents sent him away on punishment, but his "kind heart" doesn't realise leaving an injured person to die & running away , later lying about it in DEK were not right thing to do ? Ermm

Even if the above incident can be ignored thinking he was a child so lied/ran away outta fear , how come this kind soul still says Shahenshah made him stand in sun "bina wajah" ?? Ermm Mr. Dil se sochne wala doesn't realise hurting a human being, even if she was a maid was not right ? Ermm

He feels sympathy for the dead soldiers of enemy camp , but not a single ounce of sympathy for his own mother ? Ermm He's not a child anymore , as per the show he has grown up to be a dil se sochne wala banda , so what does his dil say ? His Ruku ammijaan was doing the right thing by poisoning a 9 year old kid's mind against his own parents ? Ermm

There are so many loopholes in the very base of this angry youngman characterisation. At one side they are trying to show him kind hearted , which defies the logic behind his hatred towards his parents. On the other hand they're showing him to be angry about his scarred childhood, which defies the very existence of his newly found values & all...it's like making right wrong the same thing , showing light & dark the same thing...both of which can't coexist. It's too confusing Confused

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

sudhajyothi06joiseASHAMANIPALKutty58Tarunika13anael24_akdha.forever_SpringBreakersdushturainPretty_me.GreekPrincess.-DZ-

SaJanLuv14 IF-Rockerz
SaJanLuv14
SaJanLuv14

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Salim is definitely self contradictory but that's how people are. It's like one giving the best advice to someone else but not following or seeking that advice when it comes to themselves. 
Salim has a childhood and past where he's been hurt but he doesn't want anyone else to go through that pain or mindset. Even though he lied in DEK (going based on your post, I haven't seen the episode) he's preserving his parents' respect and being mature about in it public though he doesn't want to admit internally. It doesn't matter how good or bad someone becomes in their latter life because once you see something from your past (in this case, his parents, specifically Akbar), your memories start taunting you. The only perspective of his  father's discipline is what Ruku told him and what he saw himself as a kid, no was there to guide him and tell him, "have you thought that your parents did this for your good?"

I would say Salim is very much like his father, he failed to understand different perspectives and minds like Akbar did as a kid and hopefully through love, like Jodhaa was to Akbar, he'll get an open mind through his life partners.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anael24-Rema-.Lonewalker.

Charu.S Goldie
Charu.S
Charu.S

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
You have stated valid points.

This contradictory nature in Salim, reveals the highly confused minds of the story writers. There is no continuity and consistency in the depiction of Salim's character from when he was an adolescent to now a young man. He is shown blowing hot and cold from time to time.

The Creative team needs help. EK needs to get a whole new set of writers.

Charu.

Edited by Charu.S - 25 December 2014 at 4:33pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Coolpreeanael24SindhuMenon.GreekPrincess..Lonewalker.

Pretty_me IF-Sizzlerz
Pretty_me
Pretty_me

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
yeah I also think that the elder salim is too much contradictory but don't forget working of the human mind is extremely unpredictable... nd I think he loves his mom nd dad although he doesn't show it because of being brainwashed by ruqu...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Lonewalker.

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 2:39am | IP Logged
yes u r so right
this is quite contradicting

.Lonewalker.

.Lonewalker. IF-Sizzlerz
.Lonewalker.
.Lonewalker.

Crazy Creative Junior

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 2:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SaJanLuv14

Salim is definitely self contradictory but that's how people are. It's like one giving the best advice to someone else but not following or seeking that advice when it comes to themselves.
Salim has a childhood and past where he's been hurt but he doesn't want anyone else to go through that pain or mindset. Even though he lied in DEK (going based on your post, I haven't seen the episode) he's preserving his parents' respect and being mature about in it public though he doesn't want to admit internally. It doesn't matter how good or bad someone becomes in their latter life because once you see something from your past (in this case, his parents, specifically Akbar), your memories start taunting you. The only perspective of his father's discipline is what Ruku told him and what he saw himself as a kid, no was there to guide him and tell him, "have you thought that your parents did this for your good?"

I would say Salim is very much like his father, he failed to understand different perspectives and minds like Akbar did as a kid and hopefully through love, like Jodhaa was to Akbar, he'll get an open mind through his life partners.

U can trust my write up for whatever parts u missed , I generally don miss any epi & I can guarantee I'm stating just what they showed LOL

I kinda understand & respect ur pov , but what I feel is CVs have been inconsistent & somewhat confusing in Salim's characterisation. The child Salim (after being brainwashed by Ruku) & this adult Salim are heaven & hell different. In Ruku's guidance , the child Salim was on the way of becoming the ultimate spoilt brat . His attitude was like I'm the prince , I can do anything I wish , from beating up innocent maids to disrespecting parents to whatever I wish Dead But the adult Salim is not even slightly like that . He's being shown to be kind hearted , respecting everyone & not giving a damn to his crown prince status . But still this Salim holds grudges against his parents, he thinks his parents didn't care a damn about him & hurt him deliberately Stern Smile His rebellion towards Akbar is still understandable, but why he's so rude towards Jodha ? It's not like Jodha was ever strict to him . When he returned from punishment Jodha was ready to move heaven & hell to make him happy . When he hit Moti , Jodha didn't punish him , she just asked him to say sorry . Even when he was being sent to warzone , Jodha cried , pleaded to Akbar not to do so , she had come down all crying mess n tried to stop Salim...those thing don't count to his newly formed kind heart ? Even that heart says Jodha is a power-hungry poor excuse of a mother & Ruku , who also did nothing to stop Salim all those 7 years ago , is mommy of the century ??

His attitude towards his parents, specially Jodha says he's still that same bratty Salim, but his attitude towards others says he's the all kind hearted guy cvs r trying to show . These 2 characters are so different by nature it's too tough for them to co-exist. I feel CVs should've given more thoughts to his character n be more careful wid it...currently his character looks discontinued, somewhere a link is missing.

.Lonewalker. IF-Sizzlerz
.Lonewalker.
.Lonewalker.

Crazy Creative Junior

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Charu.S

You have stated valid points.

This contradictory nature in Salim, reveals the highly confused minds of the story writers. There is no continuity and consistency in the depiction of Salim's character from when he was an adolescent to now a young man. He is shown blowing hot and cold from time to time.

The Creative team needs help. EK needs to get a whole new set of writers.

Charu.

Exactly buddy ! You totally echoed my thoughts LOL it seems like CVs sketched this adult Salim's character wid an opium clouded vision LOL

SindhuMenon

.Lonewalker. IF-Sizzlerz
.Lonewalker.
.Lonewalker.

Crazy Creative Junior

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sweet_sonai

yeah I also think that the elder salim is too much contradictory but don't forget working of the human mind is extremely unpredictable... nd I think he loves his mom nd dad although he doesn't show it because of being brainwashed by ruqu...

I hope u r right Tongue n Birbal Jodha duo gets to bring his hidden feelings out . Otherwise this whole hue n cry about this "dil se sochna" stuff won't make any sense LOL but Anar ne already entry mar di , so chances are very slim . This track will again lead to Akdha vs Salim only Sleepy

SindhuMenon

Go to top