India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

PK vs Oh My God?

justlife Newbie
justlife
justlife

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
I think comparisons between these two films are inevitable. Both more or less explore the same theme: the fraud of religion and how some people have made religion their business to dupe humanity. Both have a quirky protagonist who questions these beliefs and traditions in his own unique way. Both end with the same message: There is only one god, and he doesn't advocate wars, poverty and hatred. 
I watched PK today, and while I liked the film, I think OMG wins in this comparison hands down. Obviously PK has better reach because of Aamir, but OMG had better content, dialogues and a better overall story. I felt PK derailed at times (the unnecessary romantic angle) and indulged subplots that weren't really contributing anything to the main film. 

What are your thoughts?

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

DeepShadowshrikrishnaFiery.FawkesLumos_SolemBandwagon-erKaanKeNicheCaptainSparkShivani_4u..Amri..Beautyful_Mess-Swetha-

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
I think OMG is underrated. I hope because of the comparisons more people will watch it now. 

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

justlifes4santuBandwagon-erminkishrikrishnaRuchi-interestColdplayingKamala05ViccoTurmericShivani_4u-Swetha-

Kamala05 IF-Sizzlerz
Kamala05
Kamala05

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
OMG is better than PK,the script was flawless,acting of Paresh was superb,one of the best performance in BW and Akshya has the charisma of playing the character of lord Krishna and Midhun as antihero was really different .
OMG point out certain relevant issue in a logical manner. The film mocked vote bank, the robbery of so called pilgrimage centre,the misinterpretation of holy books, superstitious religious practices etc. OMG mainly focussed on the practices of Hindu religion(the practices in Hindu religion is more visible and materialistic and it affects the poor and middle class whereas the other religious fanaticism affects the whole world and i truly believe it cannot be confined in one film) but they fearlessly mentioned certain issues of Muslim religion as well.
But PK mocked culture and beliefs in general . Widow wearing white dress, wearing white or off white gown in Christian wedding ,privacy in sexual matter are part of culture .And what an unsuitable end ,the whole concept just lost the importance and the faithless relationship of the heroine suddenly become the focus. PK is definitely Aamir's best performance but the worst movie if RKH,

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

justlifeRuchi-interestColdplayinglovely_ladyShivani_4u-Swetha-

Starktastic IF-Stunnerz
Starktastic
Starktastic

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
I enjoyed both movies and prefer OMG tad bit more. PK on the other hand had more commercial awareness and better marketing so it reached out to the audience effectively 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

justlifeRuchi-interest-Swetha-

justlife Newbie
justlife
justlife

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

I think OMG is underrated. I hope because of the comparisons more people will watch it now. 

Absolutely. In fact with all the adulation PK is getting, I can't help but think that OMG deserved it more.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ruchi-interest..Amri..

justlife Newbie
justlife
justlife

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ramyarn

OMG is better than PK,the script was flawless,acting of Paresh was superb,one of the best performance in BW and Akshya has the charisma of playing the character of lord Krishna and Midhun as antihero was really different .
OMG point out certain relevant issue in a logical manner. The film mocked vote bank, the robbery of so called pilgrimage centre,the misinterpretation of holy books, superstitious religious practices etc. OMG mainly focussed on the practices of Hindu religion(the practices in Hindu religion is more visible and materialistic and it affects the poor and middle class whereas the other religious fanaticism affects the whole world and i truly believe it cannot be confined in one film) but they fearlessly mentioned certain issues of Muslim religion as well.
But PK mocked culture and beliefs in general . Widow wearing white dress, wearing white or off white gown in Christian wedding ,privacy in sexual matter are part of culture .And what an unsuitable end ,the whole concept just lost the importance and the faithless relationship of the heroine suddenly become the focus. PK is definitely Aamir's best performance but the worst movie if RKH,

Agree. PK completely derailed in the second half. The romantic track was so not needed. It diluted the impact of the film. Also the climax had surprise value but didn't make sense in the larger picture. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ruchi-interest

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:28am | IP Logged
pK will not become 3 idiots because of OMG
that basically clarifies which is better

Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 26 December 2014 at 7:33am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ruchi-interestShivani_4uMalika

justlife Newbie
justlife
justlife

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HappyMelody

I enjoyed both movies and prefer OMG tad bit more. PK on the other hand had more commercial awareness and better marketing so it reached out to the audience effectively 

Yes, Aamir's name is enough to have better reach.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ruchi-interest

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index