Beintehaa
Beintehaa

Breaking down a TV show's components

-Saheba- IF-Sizzlerz
-Saheba-
-Saheba-

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Hello Everyone.Smile
We all have watch a lot of shows before Beintehaa, and usually every single show needs to have the following elements in order to run well.

1. a well-mannered, respectful, docile female lead that should set an example for all girls.Embarrassed
  2. a cool, dashing and smart male lead that would sweep every girl off their feet.Cool
  3. a mean, unreasonable and evil mother-in-law or bua or dadi or anyone elderly that would make it their living objective to make the female lead's life hell as that is in their utmost interest. Most of the time, they don't have a clear reason for hating the female lead.Dead
  4. a sister or sister-in-law(s) that would help the main villain or create trouble themselves because they just enjoy watching the female lead suffer and love making fun of her with their big mouths.Pinch
  5. the men in the house either not being able to do anything or they are blissfully unaware of what is going in their house as the men only go to the office and we only see them going to and coming back from work. That is their only role in the show. Stern Smile

Honestly speaking, Beintehaa had all those elements because like I said sadly that is what is needed for an indian show to perform well.However, Beintehaa gave a nice treatment to those elements and made it more realistic.I believe that is what made all of us BIans to love this show and appreciate it so much.
Now of all those elements, tell me which one do you hate the most and why.Big smile 

Edited by -Saheba- - 25 December 2014 at 3:56pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazeballsWarriorGirl-ViTharvforever

-Saheba- IF-Sizzlerz
-Saheba-
-Saheba-

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
For me personally, I hate number 4 the most. You see sometimes I understand why the mother-in-law would hate the female lead. But I absolutely hate people who would peep their nose in other people's life just for the heck of it. It really pisses me off to see low-lives like that.
And we had two people like that in Beintehaa- Nafeesa and Shazia.

They were Suri's sidekicks and worked hand in hand with her in all her schemes to kick Aaliya out when she first got married to Zain. And both of them thoroughly enjoyed it, they were even having a sort of competition between them in order to be in Suri's good books.Unhappy

But what I never expected was to see their background story and this gave these supporting and rather annoying characters a chance to flesh out and grow as the show progress. It is very rare to see this in a tv show because most of the focus goes on the leads and the supporting characters stays rather platonic. But in Beintehaa, the supporting characters also got a chance to showcase their talent and contribute meaningfully to the story.

Nafeesa's hatred for Shazia and Suraiya was fully justified. And we also got a reasonable explanation as to why Fahad got married a second time. We got to see how Shazia's presence is a constant reminder of Suri's betrayal and that's why she in the beginning she would do anything to look good to Suri. On the other hand, we got to see Shazia's insecurity as she is very well aware of her poor background and despite being married to Fahad, she still feels out of place and is desperate to curve her own niche and make her place in his world which is hard to do with Nafeesa around.

Of course, at the end of day none of the things they have done to Zaya is justified as Zaya has never done anything to cause them pain. And it was very wrong to use Zaya for their own purpose like they are some sort of toy they can toy around with. But all I want to point out is that they had decent reasons. And I am glad that whatever Nafeesa and Shazia did weren't for the sake of just hating Aaliya because they just hate her.Stern Smile

Please do share your thoughts.Big smile

Edited by -Saheba- - 25 December 2014 at 3:56pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Amazeballs

zayalove IF-Dazzler
zayalove
zayalove

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
Bang on post ..
I personally hate #4

-Saheba-

-AvadaKedavra- IF-Rockerz
-AvadaKedavra-
-AvadaKedavra-

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
Glad to see you here after so long :)

Very nice post Saheba. Smile
And unfortunately the truth.
Personally, I hate number one.
I do not necessarily understand the need to show every female lead as docile. As a feminist, I find it insulting.
Half of the female leads do not have a voice of their own and only shout when some deep unsettling evil plan is hatched in their households.It is not the reality. Notice how everyone of the FL's wear chudidars and traditional clothing? I don't have anything against Indian wear, but these people show them as a necessity instead of choice. And if a FL by chance wear shorts or dress, it is not acceptable. I mean if we are fine with their choice of clothing ofscreen,why not on screen?
Indian shows,from ages had all these components, and the sad part is people suck it up. :/
#no5 tou is completely hilarious. They are show them in the morning at breakfast and at dinner. They are literally like male puppets :P oh and when there is an immense financial crisis.
The plot to all Indian shows are the same- Fall in love, make the family relent for marriage. Then the FL embarks on an incredibly tough journey to win her Sasuma's heart and happily ever after. :/

-Saheba-

Uniquely...me IF-Rockerz
Uniquely...me
Uniquely...me

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 12:05am | IP Logged
No 3 and 4...for me...
Generally It would have been amazing to see SURI ALOO bond...as I remember the reason for her hatred was only barkat...she was positive again turned negative and again positive here just coz of her hatred to bhopal...so YA evil MIL is what I hate I am sure SURAIYA would have rocked the positive role though we didn't get to see much...but evil MIL it's like creating fears in our minds...

BHABHI jealousy...it's like been there done that everytime...but BI was unique in its own way...so there scheming to pull the younger one down is just too damn irritating but it's a TV show so I guess that's what we get...

Btw..Nice post...

-Saheba-

WarriorGirl- IF-Rockerz
WarriorGirl-
WarriorGirl-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 12:45am | IP Logged
No 3 and 4

-Saheba-

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Great post Saheba, I hate #4 too but like you said BI's treatment of all those components are what set this show apart from the rest. See Shazia and Nafeesa, while on the surface appeared to be mere puppets and sidekicks of Suraiya, deep down both had their ulterior motives which became clearer as time passed by especially Nafeesa. One really must applaud BI, there were many components which could have been cliched but this show managed to make it so much more because of the story behind it. 

-Saheba-

Ana_rockz IF-Rockerz
Ana_rockz
Ana_rockz

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Awesome post
Hmm personally I hate 3 and 4 

-Saheba-

Go to top