Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

AsYa OS: Christmas Miracle

astonm Senior Member
astonm
astonm

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
AsYa OS: Christmas Miracle

Even bars in New York are empty on Christmas Eve, I can count the number of people in here on one hand - including myself and the bartender. The atmosphere was almost depressing in itself, the patrons were quiet, some drinking and some almost asleep in their seats. The soft Christmas carols don't help the situation much it seems. Two of the men wistfully look up at the speakers from time to time, and another groans when a new one starts.

I sit at a table alone, and like every other day I order a glass of whiskey, always, but I've never taken a sip of it. I don't know why I buy it, I just tend to gaze at it. The amber liquid doesn't look inviting at all, even if people say it takes the pain away. I don't think what I feel is pain, I feel guilt and longing, but mostly guilt. And I don't think liquor could fix that.

I think of all I said to her; the hurtful words haunt me and I wonder if they haunt her too, I hope they don't. Time away from her has made me realize how hurtful those words were and how wrong they were, how wrong they are.

I want to find her and tell her that I was an idiot for not believing her, that I was blind because I couldn't see her goodness like everyone else did. I wanted to apologize to her and beg her to forgive me even though I didn't deserve it. But I couldn't find her. At all. I didn't know where she was. She had disappeared from my life like I had asked her too, I cursed my luck, she never followed instructions but she followed that one perfectly. It was almost as if she didn't exist, but the pictures from our pre-wedding functions proved otherwise. She was smiling in them, her eyes were still pained, because of me. It was always because of me.

"Shouldn't you be at home with your family tonight?" I heard a deep voice from across the table as a man sat down on the chair across from me. I looked up and saw a man with a snow white beard, it was trimmed neatly and he was wearing a horrendous red and green flannel shirt. I had neither heard him sit down nor heard him come in the door. "You looked liked you needed company." He shrugged looking at me, as if he knew that something was wrong with me. He kind of reminded me of someone, but I couldn't pinpoint it exactly.

"My family is back home." I said.

"Then what are you doing here?" He asked leaning back into his chair, his cheeks were flushed red as if he'd been outside for too long.

"Looking for someone." I answered.

"In a city as big as New York?" He asked and I nodded. "Who?"

I hesitated, did I really want to tell this man about all the mistakes I had made? "It's a long story."

"Considering that the two of us are in an empty bar the day before Christmas I'd say we have time." He said. There was just something about him that made me want to tell him for some reason.

"Zoya." I whispered.

"You're looking for a woman, a woman you love?" He asked and I nodded. "She left you?"

"I made her leave." I said.

"You better start from the beginning boy."

"We met about a year ago, I think I fell in love with her at first sight, I was never so mesmerized by anyone as I was by her. And then she opened her mouth and I realized that she was the polar opposite of what I wanted or thought I needed in a woman."

"But she is everything you need now." He whispered and I nodded.

"I don't know if it was a coincidence or fate, but she came to live with us. She was from here, visiting India and her brother-in-law is related to my mom. We fought like animals, I judged her too harshly and I realize now that a lot of it was because I was trying to fight my feelings for her. I- she was so full of life and she cared a lot for those around her so she took every opportunity to make them happy. I didn't understand it at first, I always thought that she just liked to butt into people's business for no reason; I-I was such an ass. She was always there for me, for my family but every time she made a mistake I would snap at her, so badly that I made her cry. I just always assumed the worst of her because of this warped stereotype...I don't even know where it came from." I sighed, and I didn't, not even to this day.

"I fell in love with her though, despite the fact that I left no stone unturned to find faults in her. I denied it though, to myself and to everyone even though it was obvious. And then in a turn of events and family problems, my mother demanded the two of us get married, and the two of us couldn't say no, and I know a part of it is because I wanted it to happen. We both did. While this was happening my childhood friend was staying with us, things started going wrong and Zoya told me a million times that my friend was responsible for it. But I never listened to her, not even once. I blamed her for the things that happened, on her carelessness, on her personality...I was such an asshole to her. She left the day before our wedding, she left a note telling me that there was no point of getting married if I couldn't trust her. She wrote that she knew I didn't love her, because trust comes with love, she told me how she felt about everything I ever said to hurt her. She wrote things she would have said to me if I ever let her talk, and she left her ring with it." I whispered, my hand automatically reaching into my coat pocket to find the cold metal.

"What happened after she left?"

"I noticed how happy my friend was amidst my sorrow; and things started falling together, all of it. Zoya was never wrong, she was telling me to believe her and I didn't listen to her once. My life seemed so empty without her, my mistakes bellowed at me, and the guilt I felt started eating me alive. I came here to find her, but she doesn't live at the same place anymore, none of her neighbours know where she is. I wake up everyday hoping I'll find her, it's been two months but I can't. I just want to see her and apologize, even if she doesn't want to accept it, even if I have no chance of getting her back in my life. I want to tell her that I love her." I was crying by this point; the tears streaming down my face. I had never said this out loud to anyone, ever.

"Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone learns their lesson son. I think it's safe to say that you've learnt yours. You know, the Trump Rink at Central Park is a very busy one these days, maybe you'll find what you're looking for there." He said looking right at me, with a knowing smile.

"I-what?" I asked confused.

"Trump Rink, Central Park, there is a cab right outside the door waiting for you son." He said looking towards the bar door. I stared at him utterly confused at what was going on.

"Don't think, just go." He said looking towards the door. I had no idea why I listened to him but I got up and walked out the door and into the awaiting cab.

"Central Park." I said to the driver.

"Trump Rink, I know." He said pulling off the side of the road and into the traffic filled streets. To say that I was utterly confused would be an understatement.

"What's going on?" I asked after a while.

"Consider it a Christmas miracle." The driver said pulling up beside the curb. "Go straight down the path, first right, you can't miss it." He said.

"How much do I owe you?" I asked.

"Nothing, Merry Christmas Asad." The driver said before pulling away. What the hell was going on here?

Something was up, I wasn't sure what but I was now sure that I would find Zoya at the rink, so I ran, I ran like I had never ran before. I came to a halt outside the rink, scanning the crowds for the familiar head of silky straight hair, and the sounds of her tinkling laughter but I didn't see her. There were families and couples around everywhere, the lights shining on them as snow softly fell on the ground but Zoya wasn't there.

I sighed and turned around when I saw her, she was sitting on a bench trying to lace up her white ice skates, her hair out, a white hat and scarf on her. She wasn't smiling like she usually did though, she looked sad. My heart hammered in my chest as I walked towards her, I was relieved and scared at the same time. I came to standstill in front of her, she didn't notice me at first, and then she stopped struggling with her skates, her eyes on my shoes. She slowly trailed her eyes from my shoes towards my face. Her eyes widened when they met mine.

"Zoya." I whispered, the tears trailing down my face.

"Mr. Khan, what are you-" She said getting up and almost tripping over her skates, my arms automatically shot out and steadied her.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry for everything I ever said to you, for everything I ever did to hurt you, for not believing in you, I am sorry Zoya." I said to her. Her eyes widened with shock, and she blinked a few times.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered.

"I've been looking for you for two months." I said to her.

"Why? What are you doing here now?" She asked.

"I love you Zoya." I said and she let out a scoff.

"I am still the same Zoya Mr. Khan. The one that's totally wrong for you, a misfit." She whispered.

"I was wrong, so wrong, you aren't a misfit Zoya, you're perfect for me. I need you in my life, I just didn't realize it until you left. I am an idiot, I know I am, and I don't deserve you, especially after what I've done but I- I need to do this once, the right away." I said taking out the ring I'd been carrying around for months and getting down on one knee. "I love you Zoya, and I am sorry for everything I ever did to hurt you. I promise you that I'll never doubt you again, I won't ever hurt you or make you cry, I'll love you forever. I'll do whatever you want me to do,  please say you'll take me back? Marry me, please?" I said.

"You are an idiot." She said and I felt my heart plummet, of course, why would she take me back after everything I said to her. "But I am the bigger idiot because I am in love with an idiot." She cried.

"Is that a yes?" I asked and she nodded holding her hand out. I slid the ring back onto her finger and looked up at her teary face before I got up.

"This is all for real this time right?" She asked and I nodded.

"I am never going to let you take that ring off again." I whispered.

"Good, and Mr. Khan, when was the last time you shaved, you look like a well-dressed hobo, is this your Devdas look?" She giggled.

"It's been a while." I said.

"Clearly. How did you find me?" She asked.

"The weirdest thing just happened to me..."

I randomly woke up in the middle of the night and wrote this on my phone, it didn't turn out as well as I thought it would but I posted it anyways, oh wells. Do lemme know what you think and Merry Christmas to those who celebrateee! :D 

Edited by astonm - 25 December 2014 at 4:18pm

The following 122 member(s) liked the above post:

saroj17honey261UniqueUjjainijeemanrockslipika1sanaya_shah1998ayushigarg08MitwaaaBavinigeetanjalikhmunmun1ZoyaAsad2KSGLoverSAsharan90Rita14Aliyaali2008canoodlekayathre_sahilllovebluezAliza9300roxoncaptjsNeeluaaro2009AnamadyaNiki2794QuboolHaiLover1raishiMitamadraniii2mottalimalar3nilorinaAym7bittersweet1126DarkBecominglaks_vishswarobi1MaankiMariamday_lilyMvinfffnoeshabindasssAlveena12ZoyaAsadKhanmadina12lasya131788shreyaak020203surbhi1639849565007indu333jaanu013kaju27PrettYSmilelovefkGouri_Joshimuskaan17rocksKeyaHira2Amina...Chandnii.radadolcevidarajsmiAmin21khpul-walfatima30-SilverSparkle-nnnnnnnaman93sanah12sahibasharmaroshni_Afriendsalljazmeenrosamaletastahninmadhvi4gurtiCinderella3ChamakChallo91Alai123ApplefKSGmaniac_24579mizzundaztuddaydream.aseelashahkals82Chillichickcutie15...parth...-ABI-Anihabinuuuanopamanajma123ChocoBerry.Harini.farz_parachuteJaveria3991maha70Shubh007sasirjazsidhuprincess101HR-DMG4lifeSona257Krishnaluv94annanyaksgianzhasan2drunkiiebabeGulaabonilusoni-Chipper-Treat-asifiqbalshhoneybees22jas91MayurChanBeYourselfAkaiBaraKanwal4salmanaarzoo50MisHumptyDumptyshreya11mehra-Mrinalini-MysticRiver

cutie15 IF-Dazzler
cutie15
cutie15

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Res
unres..
it was sooo sweet. .!!
Loved it..:)
Awesome. .!!
Clap

Edited by cutie15 - 25 December 2014 at 12:30pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

astonm

sanah12 Goldie
sanah12
sanah12

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Unres
Yayy I'm secondLOL
The os was amazing!!
Loved it to the core..
It was sweet and the last part where she says devdas look was funny..
Loved when zoya said she is a bigger idiot to fall in love with this idiotLOL
Do write more
I've read your other works and I really love them.. Your such a brilliant writerSmile

Edited by sanah12 - 25 December 2014 at 12:38pm

astonm

surbhi163 Senior Member
surbhi163
surbhi163

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Lovely os... Santa Claus presents zoya to asad... nice concept...

astonm

KSGmaniac_24579 IF-Dazzler
KSGmaniac_24579
KSGmaniac_24579

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Aww... It was such a cute OS
Looks like ( well for me ;) ) that the person in the bar was Santa in disguise & the driver of the cab was. Redolph the Red Nose Reindeer Tongue
And their 'Regained Love' was their Christmas present!
Merry Christmas!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

astonmjas91

shreya11mehra IF-Stunnerz
shreya11mehra
shreya11mehra

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
R

Kk m in love wid os anji..

Beautifully   written . ..

The lst part is so cute...

U knw wat we all r enough mature to believe that there   is no socks thng..santa vl not come to gv any gift..bt still..deep inside   heart..we all wana believe   on dis santa story...

M glad santa made   asad   life btr..in ur story..i wish there is a santa in everyone   lif to make our lives better..so that every day vl b christmas . .

Love

Shreya

P.s  MERRY CHRISTMAS...Party

Edited by shreya11mehra - 25 December 2014 at 11:38pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

astonmjas91

Cinderella3 IF-Dazzler
Cinderella3
Cinderella3

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Wow! Asad, Zoya and Santa! What a combination!!! Tongue

Loved it to the core. Heart

Beautiful OS.

So they got their love back as a Christmas gift.

Awesome dear! Clap

astonm

honeybees22 IF-Sizzlerz
honeybees22
honeybees22

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Nice OS
Did leave a few questions though!

astonm

Go to top