Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

PK Business and Reviews updates #2 - becomes the highest grosser of BW - Page 12

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Ugly, Lingaa (Hindi) Box Office Collections: Friday Opening Report

December 26, 2014 0

Anurag Kashyap's Ugly which has released in limited screens today in multiplexes has started on a poor note as collections for the morning shows are in the range of 5-10%. The film primarily caters to niche audience which limits the potential of the film in a big way. It will have to show miraculous recovery if it has to leave any mark at the box office.

Superstar Rajinikanth's Lingaa co starring Sonakshi Sinha and Anushka Shetty has been released in Hindi today and the movie has started poorly at the box office with occupancies in morning shows ranging to around 10-15% , it is performing better than the other Hindi release Ugly but that's just about it.

Both the new releases this week have an uphill task as the PK Juggernaut marches into its second week with good occupancies even on its 8th day.

http://www.talkingmoviez.com/ugly-lingaa-hindi-box-office-collections-friday-opening-report/

Edited by MR.KooL - 9 years ago
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

BO update: Ugly starts off on a dull note, PK still ruling

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, December 26, 2014 - 14:39 IST

Like his previous films, the Aamir Khan starrer PK is still ruling the roost in the month of December. The Rajkumar Hirani directorial continues its successful run at the box office, leaving this week's release in jeopardy.

With PK having maximum shows in multiplexes and single screens, this week's release Ugly and the Hindi version of the superstar Rajnikanth starrer Lingaa seems to have started off on a very dull note. The films have opened to a very low occupancy rate; while on the other hand, PK has still been running to packed houses, even in the morning shows. As far as the weekend is concerned, reports suggest that the audiencesare sure to prefer PK over other releases.

The Aamir Khan-Anushka Sharma starrer, which also has a sort of two week agreement with the single screen multiplexes, is expected to cross the 200 crore mark soon.With no other releases this year, PK is also expected to be the game-changer of 2014. However, this week's release Ugly, which caters to a niche audience, will have to heavily rely on word of mouth, since the film has received some amount of critical appreciation.
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Ugly is a great film though. Ronit was exceptional in it.

If you like dark cinema, be sure to give this a watch.
Edited by Arsal-AK - 9 years ago
MR.KooL thumbnail
  • Box Office: PK becomes Aamir Khan's highest grossing film
  • By Bollywood Hungama News Network
The Aamir Khan - Anushka Sharma starrer PK, that released last week is still doing brisk business at the box office. The film, that brings together Anushka and Aamir for the first time, has been running to packed houses and has been earning good collections even over the weekdays and the holidays.

In this box office report, we compare the first week collections of PK to the previous releases of Aamir Khan, Anushka Sharma and Rajkumar Hirani.

Aamir Khan's 2014 release PK has collected Rs. 183.09 crores over the week, thus making it the superstar's highest grossing film ever. However, it may be noted that Dhoom 3 collected Rs. 188.99 crores, which includes the collections of Tamil and Telugu versions of the film. But when compared to the Hindi version of Dhoom 3, the film had collected Rs. 178.97 crores, lesser than the first week collection of PK.

Also, PK remains to be the highest grossing film for Anushka Sharma, leaving behind her previous releases which included Jab Tak Hai Jaan that collected Rs. 98.41 crores and Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola that collected Rs. 33.71 crores.

For Rajkumar Hirani, whose previous hit, too managed to earn a fantabulous response at the box office, PK ranks first leaving behind the blockbuster 3 Idiots starring Aamir Khan, which collected Rs. 40.65 crores in its first week.

Aamir Khan

Movie Name Release Week 1 (INR Cr.)
Dhoom 3 20-Dec-13 188.99
P.K. 19-Dec-14 183.09
Talaash 30-Nov-12 67.90
3 Idiots 25-Dec-09 78.59
Dhobi Ghaat 21-Jan-11 11.61

Anushka Sharma

P.K. 19-Dec-14 183.09
Jab Tak Hai Jaan 12-Nov-12 98.41
Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola 11-Jan-13 33.17
Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl 9-Dec-11 24.93
Patiala House 11-Feb-11 22.50
Band Baaja Baaraat 10-Dec-10 9.40

Rajkumar Hirani as director

P.K. 19-Dec-14 183.09
3 Idiots 25-Dec-09 78.59
Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ugly Very Dull Opening PK Dominates
Friday 26 December 2014 13.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services1

Ugly opened to very poor collections all over of around 5% and faces an uphill struggle at the box office. The film will probably add to the huge list of these similar type of films aimed at the metro multiplex crowd but the audience does just not come, The opening of Lingaa which is dubbed from a Tamil film was better than Ugly

PK will dominate the box office this next and next week. The film is behaving like a new release with 35-40% collections in the morning shows of its 8th day. The film will do record business in the second week.

The second week record stands at 64.50 crore nett set by Dhoom 3 last year and the question will be how much can PK beat that figure by.

Rupalov thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Just awesome reports everywhere. An aadha actor showed the 8-times Filmfare awards winner what is acting all about and what setting box-office records really means. Dil garden garden ho gaya.
I saw the movie yesterday. I am not good at writing reviews but Aamir and Hirani are a class apart. Haven't enjoyed a movie at the theaters like this since 3I.
 PK part2, please come soon.
MR.KooL thumbnail

PK 8th Day-2nd Friday Box Office Collections Early Trends

December 26, 2014 0

PK has started its 2nd Week, 8th day on a good not as the film has gone into 2nd friday with occupancies of around 40% in the morning shows.  The second week started could be equated with the starts normal films get on their first day.

The collections have dropped by 45-50% from its first friday and now the film is looking at a 8th day collections of around 13-14 cr which will be almost 50% higher than the collections of Kick on its 8th day.

Purely on the basis of collections from Hindi versions only, PK is the highest first week grosser of All Time as Dhoom 3 (Hindi only) collected around 178 cr in the first week. Can the movie create some unbelievable records in the second week is the talk of town. PK will beat 3 Idiots and Chennai Express and enter the 200 cr club by its 9th day, ie 2nd Saturday.

MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
"PK will definitely exceed Kick" - Sajid Nadiadwala
By Subhash K. Jha, Dec 26, 2014 - 11:07 IST

In a year strewn with the corpses of dud films, three mega-blockbuster stood their ground.

We're of course talking about Sajid Nadiadwala's Kick, Farah Khan's Happy New Year and now, Raj Kumar Hirani's PK. This must be the only year in living memory when the three biggest hits featured the triumvirate of Khan superstars. 

Coincidentally, Sajid Nadiadwala, who made his dynamic directorial debut with the kick-ass Kick, is emotionally connected to the other two mega-hits of 2014. 

Says Sajid sentimentally, "Look, the figures for Kick speak for themselves. And I really don't need to say anything about its success. It is my good fortune that the film is the biggest hit of my brother and friend Salman Khan's career. But I've to be realistic about PK."

And what according Sajid is the ground-reality about PK's expected success? Predicts Nadiadwala, "PK will definitely out-distance Kick. The collections of PK are unbelievable. With my decades of my experience in film production, I can feel it. I feel no regret or envy in saying PK will be bigger than Kick. This is not just a practical but also an emotional response. I'm a big fan of Raju Hirani's cinema. I want PK to break records." 

Sajid is also very upbeat about Happy New Year. "I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I'm very proud of my rakhi-sister Farah. People keep forgetting I am debutant director. Compared to me, Farah and Raju are veterans. And still if Kick is being talked about in the same breath as their films, then I've a lot to be happy about." 

2014 saw Sajid Nadiadwala scoring a hat-trick of hits as producer. Says Sajid proudly, "We had Highway, 2 States and Kick. But I keep telling my team, 2014 should prove to be the worst year of my life as filmmaker. How else can I motivate them to better our record in 2015?"
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Congo to PK team once again for an brilliant film 👏 ⭐️
OK is rocking at BO 🥳

Hum PK hoon PK  
Edited by --SH7_Sunny-- - 9 years ago
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
  retweeted
dna @dna