Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar
Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar

Why I love Ragini - she is the rarest beauty in indian television

feminist Senior Member
feminist
feminist

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 11:39am | IP Logged
NOTE: Long post but not so boring I guess. Just felt pouring it out. Big smile

When I watch a show I usually expect it to be two things very badly melodramatic or overly romantic. Hahaha
But this show . . . I just can't express it. I feel so touched I feel so happy and relieved I mean I have never expected this at least from Ekta Kapoor.

Ragini was betrayed and hurt so much that it changed her. I don't know what has happened but she is such a rarity in Indian television. 

I love her character I just absolutely love it.

• she is independent
  • she is strong-willed
  • she single handedly not only raised her two children, her mother, her grandmother. It is a tough job especially for a woman to take care of a family consisting majorly of women.
  • She teaches her children how to not be dependable on anyone.
  • she is a woman who never bowed to anyone. Anyone.
But I feel really bad. Very hurt that she has such ungrateful children. No her children are not bad and I think its normal to think that if only dad was her . . . blah blah . . . but they are just not only selfish, they are also the reason Ragini has to always lower her self-respect.

My mother is also a single mother so personally I think her children have done injustice with her. Just because my mother is strict and doesn't get me expensive stuffs doesn't mean she doesn't love me.Big smileBig smileBig smile

Seriously Neeshi is so annoying I have never hated a positive vharacter sooo much. Even Pam is tolerable compared to her because at least she is caring for her brother.

I mean seriously marry at the age of 18? Honestly its not the age its that how can you just cry for getting married Ragini never said she can't marry him she just explained not yet at least become independent so that she doesn't have to rely on anyone I think that is a very valid reason. Nishi is still very young what if what they are calling love isn't more than just a mere infatuation? 

Imagine you raised your children proudly for 15 years and suddenly your own daughter complains to the man who you left who you wanted to prove to that my children will never remember you suddenly he calls you to shame you that you can't take your of your own children that they had to ask me to tell you. Why hasn't Neeshi ever thought how hurt her mother will be? I mean even I would be angry with the man common sense I stayed with my mother for 15 years so obviously I will be more sympathetic towards my mom and also question why hasn't my father ever bothered to ask about me?

Then comes the point where she thanks her dad *rolls eyes* for making her day speciall but has she ever thought she is crying for getting married but where will her mother pay her expenses from? The jewelry, the bridal gown? No of course not. Shame on her.

I won't even count Aarav. My mother is a lot like Ragini so I admire her and I am dissapointed that Aarav is so selfish that he actually wants a bday party amongst all the expenses of Neeshi's wedding. Yeah I understand he is feeling wronged but I think we don't scream about it. At first I thought he was asking to sell the laptop to help her with the expenses alas I was wrong. 

Yes even Ragini never bothered to ask about her other two children so I dont agree her wronging Neil all the time considering she is the one who split the children. But I still find Ragini a better parent as she amidst her busy routine she always took out time for her family and loved her children whereas he never gave them time and always asked Pam to take care of them. CryCryCry

I love Dr. Aman he is sooo cute its sad that he is being shown weak and a coward in front of Dr. Neil seriously . . . I think he could be an amazing husband and I would hate if his heart is broken.CryCryCry Hopefully the Nivedita concept won't ruin it really just when I couldn't tolerate Pam they bring another vamp. sigh

I love this show considering its rarity and its in Sony (I watch HS tooEmbarrassedEmbarrassed) hopefully they won't butcher both Ragini and Neil's character. Please EK and especially no ghatiya rape mms related crap please. 

Thankyou for reading hopefully I will get some of your thoughts too hahaha. Big smileBig smileBig smile

Edited by feminist - 25 December 2014 at 11:44am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

Jasmine01roshan110Luv-IKNMPpisces16resistor_SJM_smileysmileamazingneirablokeskojagoryfanvirgo24columbia-Disenchanted-kheya-mayurkavmuksFireLordPhoenixexoLarmyMani-RKpoeticSiddhi_anitaranironitfan

exoLarmy IF-Rockerz
exoLarmy
exoLarmy

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
AMAZING POST!
Couldn't agree more with everything you said. I think Ragini's character is quite refreshing. Her character is one of the best characters i have come across. Apart from making Aman her fake husband and separating the kids, i find no other flaws in her character. 

I found it quite upsetting when Nishi thanked her father, her annoying aunt and everyone else BUT her mother. I mean COME ON GIRL! that is so uncalled for. I think today she was ok. She didn't want to get married cos she didn't want her mother to become homeless but she's too naive. If she thought about the consequences of her wedding then none of this would've happened. 
It think kekta wants to show Aarav as a materialist guy who is only living for this rainbow aunty's gold digger of a daughter, shilpa. His character is too shallow and frankly i am starting to dislike him. 
Both Aarav and Nishi are ungrateful and i guess with time, they will improve. They will realise what their mother did for them. I like how Aagham loves his mother unconditionally. 

One thing that is bothering me is Ragini staying quite while Pam constantly insults her. I hope she gives it back to Pam HARD.

Edited by beautiful1 - 25 December 2014 at 12:49pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

feministvirgo24columbialovely_ladyChocolate...anitaranipoeticSiddhi_

-AvadaKedavra- IF-Rockerz
-AvadaKedavra-
-AvadaKedavra-

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 4:38pm | IP Logged
Bang on post!
The reason I even started watching this show was because of the charecter of Ragini. She is strong, independent and a tight slap to all those faces who think it is necessary to have a man. But the fact remains that she is a human being and acts out of love.
Frankly speaking, I don't think she would have tolerated Neil for even a single moment if not for Nishi. I have seen my best friend bought up by her mother only whislt her father was too much of a coward. And I am proud of aunty.
As I am proud of Ragini. As you said, Ragini single handedly taking care of five members (including SunnyTai) plus herself in Mumbai.
That woman could not get enough praises.
I was fine with Nishi thanking her father for coming, but I found it deeply unsettling and frustrating that she did not even mention her mom.
I started watching it for Ragini and I still do.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

roshan110feministamazingneiravirgo24columbialovely_ladypoeticSiddhi_

columbia IF-Dazzler
columbia
columbia

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
HIGH FIVE!!! I am a product of  single mom too
And exactly for the same reasons started watching the show but I AM TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTED w/ the way they have characterized Ragini's kids. I am shocked that they have treated them with one brush. 

Selfish, Rude, Chip on shoulder, victimized feeling, brats

NONE OF THE above are actually characteristic of children of single mom

In fact correct if I am wrong, we tend to be very protective of our moms, we may have loads of fights but never ever bring up money as an issue, we are constanlty aware of the sacrifices she has made, in fact among my siblings I have fought with my mom the most, but never on "wanting something and she cannot give" 

I AM SHOCKED and DISGUSTED with the way they have written these two kids 

ANYWYS
High FIVE!!! again!! Approve

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

feministvirgo24FireLordPhoenixSiddhi_poetic

blokes Goldie
blokes
blokes

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
both my great grandmothers were single moms- widows at a very young age with zero financial support and half a dozen kids. keeping a tight rein on economies, they raised their kids with exceptional character and integrity and never let anyone in society ridicule them at any level.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

feministvirgo24poetic

poetic IF-Sizzlerz
poetic
poetic

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
This is such an endearing post.
In fact, I also started watching the Show because of Ragini and her character. The way she has handled and managed her family and life.

Thats why I find the kids very irritating - why on earth does Nishi have to marry so early? She ain 't pregnant or anything? Further, when parents focus on their daughter's marriage, they need some time to make arrangements. Nothing happens overnight. In fact, I like Jignesh better though he also should have agreed to Ragini's words earlier about marrying later.

As for Aarav, I lost my hopes on him. He is just tool materialistic. Remember in the scene where he meets his Father for the first time, when Aagam compliments about his dress, Aarav hides his watch since he realises it will be cheaper compared to what Aagam has. This birthday is going to be a disaster. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

feministvirgo24Siddhi_

feminist Senior Member
feminist
feminist

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by columbia

HIGH FIVE!!! I am a product of  single mom too
And exactly for the same reasons started watching the show but I AM TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTED w/ the way they have characterized Ragini's kids. I am shocked that they have treated them with one brush. 

OMGGG HI5555!!! HAHAHA!!!!

Selfish, Rude, Chip on shoulder, victimized feeling, brats

NONE OF THE above are actually characteristic of children of single mom

In fact correct if I am wrong, we tend to be very protective of our moms, we may have loads of fights but never ever bring up money as an issue, we are constanlty aware of the sacrifices she has made, in fact among my siblings I have fought with my mom the most, but never on "wanting something and she cannot give" 

Omg I thoughT I was the only one who thought this seriosuly!!! Of course we would my mother is really strict she isn't easily very emotional actually my father - I don't call him that anymore - changed her very badly. I think we think about our mother's POV all the time I mean I am going to enter university and I got a phone recently and its a really good one even I used to feel bad that my friends had more expensive and better things than me but thankfully I have good company. hahaha I hate her children I think Ragini is a much better parent than Neil. Seriously disappointed too. Confused

I AM SHOCKED and DISGUSTED with the way they have written these two kids 

ANYWYS
High FIVE!!! again!! Approve

haha yaaayyy thankyou Big smileBig smile
feminist Senior Member
feminist
feminist

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by beautiful1

AMAZING POST!
Couldn't agree more with everything you said. I think Ragini's character is quite refreshing. Her character is one of the best characters i have come across. Apart from making Aman her fake husband and separating the kids, i find no other flaws in her character. 

True

I found it quite upsetting when Nishi thanked her father, her annoying aunt and everyone else BUT her mother. I mean COME ON GIRL! that is so uncalled for. I think today she was ok. She didn't want to get married cos she didn't want her mother to become homeless but she's too naive. If she thought about the consequences of her wedding then none of this would've happened. 
It think kekta wants to show Aarav as a materialist guy who is only living for this rainbow aunty's gold digger of a daughter, shilpa. His character is too shallow and frankly i am starting to dislike him. 
Both Aarav and Nishi are ungrateful and i guess with time, they will improve. They will realise what their mother did for them. I like how Aagham loves his mother unconditionally. 

Omg sooo true exactly even I felt like strangling them. I bet they are goling to whine and call their daddy for money, further insulting their mother. Disgusting.

One thing that is bothering me is Ragini staying quite while Pam constantly insults her. I hope she gives it back to Pam HARD.

Let me tell you something if a bazaru woman enters your house and screams on top of her voice like an idiot what can you do? Obviously roll your eyes and ignore because talking with that idiot is baseless.

Yes Ragini could have told her to leave as this was her home lol. Pam is a real headache.

Go to top