India-Forums

Everest
Everest

900 crore ? (Page 2)

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
900 crore is an estimated antique value. The final buyer if any, may settle for 9 crores. If at all Rungta finds it & manages to sell it, he may just break even with this expedition cost, selling agent's commission. paying others etc. ROFL

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
I would love to see Roongta's face if the whole story about the gem turns out to be fake. What if his friend was only joking?ROFL
OMG Gowariker's Everest will  become a comedy showLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Yes, I heard Rani of Samarkand and I was going...Say Whattt???Shocked

Why is the Queen of Samarkand an Indian lady? 

Doesnt Gowariker know Samarkand is in Russia, in Uzbekistan now to be precise? LOL I didnt expect this kind of slip up from AG! Very disappointing! Ouch

-Swetha-

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:21am | IP Logged

Back in India, we used to read abt the Queen of Jaipur Maharani Gayatri Devi all the time, she was very beautiful and often featured in magazines and news articles. 
I believe she still lived in the royal palace in Jaipur and owned the family jewels and artifacts.

I never heard of India Gandhi sending army to confiscate royal possessions during the Emergency. We lived in Delhi during that period, Emergency 1975-76 amidst all those 20 point programme and 5 point programmes of IG and RG but never read abt that army mission in the newspapers. 

Gowariker could have just used a made up kingdom's name, like XYZ-pur...
There were hundreds of those kingdoms in pre independance era, many of whom retained their royal jewels...instead of saying Queen of Samarkand. And 900 crores was too much, they shd have said 90 crores worth of jewelry, not just one head ornament valued at 900 crores! Shocked

Maharani Gayatri Devi's jewelry:

Edited by pallavi25 - 26 December 2014 at 1:22am

-Swetha-

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 2:10am | IP Logged
It could be a media cooked up story because Gayatri Devi and Indira Gandhi had strained relationship. It was not New Delhi. It was in Jaipur.The Emergency period was in fact the worst time for India and also for Mrs. Gandhi. It was a blunder as President Pranab Mukherjee has noted in his book. Media was put under restriction. Much details were released later.

The search was never fruitful or at least was said so. As per media speculation or at least Gayatri Devi's fan club she had successfully removed all she had from the palace. Nevertheless the actual truth was never known.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/news/RAJ-JPR-did-indira-gandhi-looted-jaigarh-forts-treasure-4408130-PHO.html

I will search for more articles. I know about the incident from a documentary on some channel. It was quite some time ago and remember only bits and pieces.

P.S: Edit: Not all royal families, it was for royal family of Jaipur only. Few other noted people like Vijayraje Scindia however were put behind bars during this emergency period.Smile Sorry for that mistake.Big smile

Edited by dey.bh - 26 December 2014 at 3:00am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-Swetha-

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 2:25am | IP Logged
http://currentnews.in/jaipur-royals-want-govt-to-refund-penalty/
This one made news in the recent times because the royal family demanded penalty from the Govt.

http://www.quora.com/Political-History-of-India/Why-was-Maharani-Gayatri-Devi-arrested

Read the Circa 1975.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaigarh_Fort

Read the description part.

Edited by dey.bh - 26 December 2014 at 2:32am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-Swetha-

ankusanu IF-Stunnerz
ankusanu
ankusanu

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Thank u all fr so much info
pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dey.bh

It could be a media cooked up story because Gayatri Devi and Indira Gandhi had strained relationship. It was not New Delhi. It was in Jaipur.The Emergency period was in fact the worst time for India and also for Mrs. Gandhi. It was a blunder as President Pranab Mukherjee has noted in his book. Media was put under restriction. Much details were released later.

The search was never fruitful or at least was said so. As per media speculation or at least Gayatri Devi's fan club she had successfully removed all she had from the palace. Nevertheless the actual truth was never known.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/news/RAJ-JPR-did-indira-gandhi-looted-jaigarh-forts-treasure-4408130-PHO.html

I will search for more articles. I know about the incident from a documentary on some channel. It was quite some time ago and remember only bits and pieces.

P.S: Edit: Not all royal families, it was for royal family of Jaipur only. Few other noted people like Vijayraje Scindia however were put behind bars during this emergency period.Smile Sorry for that mistake.Big smile

Yes, I know there was a gag order on the media during Emergency, but Indian Express valiantly battled on and leaked a lot of secrets that Govt was trying to hide. We did read reports on Govt's excessive rules, regulations, forced family planning, etc.

But there were some good things too during Emergency, like all trains ran on time, hoarders and black marketeers who hoarded ration supplies were caught and prosecuted, Govt servants reported to work on time and corruption was reduced. So it wasnt all bad! 
I remember abt Vijayraje Scindia going to jail and also the arrest of Jayprakash Narayan and other Janta party leaders. But Janta party coming to power in 1977 made law and order situation in Delhi even worse!

-Swetha-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Everest Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index