India-Forums

Everest
Everest

900 crore ?

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 9:57am | IP Logged

Either Nepal or India both are democracies. How can any Raja or Rani have such a valuable gem ? It belongs to the Govt I suppose ?

Amount thoda jyada nahi hai?

Rani Sahiba, is desh me log bhuke mar rahe hai. Aapko Raja ki yaad ki padi hai ?

Edited by dey.bh - 25 December 2014 at 9:59am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Javeria3991...Dexterity...

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Royal families still retain their jewels and finery...dont they? 
I know for a fact that royal jewels are still in the possession of their descendants. 
Sometimes they sell them off to meet their own expenses, or they may donate them to the national museum but its really their choice.

Yes, but the amount mentioned for one single head ornament cannot be 900 crores...LOL That is pure exaggeration! 

Edited by pallavi25 - 25 December 2014 at 3:21pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Eternal_Way IF-Sizzlerz
Eternal_Way
Eternal_Way

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
ya royal families didn't handover everything their possessions to d govt. now if no successor r there to claim tat sarpech then may be it goes to govt i think.
coming to amount it depends on d type of diamonds n d weigh of d diamonds used in tat ornament. it's king sarpech know so at tat time pure diamonds might be used n more no of carats might be used,seems like it is diamond sarpech.nowadays pure diamonds r not used they heat graphite at certain temperature n diamond is produced n natural diamonds can't be made in jewels i mean very dificult as we r seeing so many diamonds jewels designs as they r not pure diamonds whichever variety it is.

when visited jaipur there is gayatri r some goddess temple which is constructed by kings/ranis long ago n still tat temple is under present rani n no permission for public,if any want to visit tat temple which is on hill has to take present rani permission n it's not under govt n it's like their personal temple. on same hill below there is temple which is open for public.

onething also observed if a thing is artefacts esp historical interest d prices will be crazy irrespective of wat d thing n reliable of tat thing is,just historical thing bigg bucks n big business n strange is some ppl ve it as possessions as status r anything irrespective of  it real worth .ajab gazab duniya LOL

Edited by Savz_Startling - 25 December 2014 at 3:59pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ringrosesseverus1cocoatree...Dexterity...

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Pallavi, that is the point. I know they retained their possesion but there is a limit to what they managed to keep after independence.

ek to British's subsidiary alliance literally destroyed these small princely states in India. Also, during emergency Mrs Gandhi had ordered an army campaign to search for hidden treasures of the royal family of Jaipur. EDITED 

even if the gem was with rani ma it would have been a top secret and not an open secret. Interestingly, these royal people are almost unknown or unheard we talk about rich people like Ambanis or. Tatas.

anyways it was very unethical of our rani to have ddesyroyed it this way.

@ Sarv: Property is not an issue dear. Although Right to property is no more a fundamental right, people are still allowed to make or inherit properties as long as the taxes are paid to the govt.

Prior to Indian independence, India as a whole unit didn't exist. After independence these royal estates were confiscated by the Govt and a that what was left to the royal families were now taxable properties. Religious places have different dimension in India. All the temples do not have equal treatment here. Besides, in these royal places moral laws still exist which often contradicts with the original law of the land.

900 Crore business unit will make no harm to any person. In fact the business families of India have more than that already. However these business unit are productive in nature. Paying taxes is not really a problem but a 900 cr gem is not productive in nature  That's why most of the palaces in India are either museum or a hotel. Let's assume that the gem is not taxable by any provision in law. Still we have another valid question here. How did the Rani manage to keep the existence of the gem a secret? The story depicted could be at best 70 years old and not more than that. How was that thing hiding from people's knowledge? 

I still think the amount was way too much. Either they should have showed it was of 90 crores or should have showed some more jewels from the royal temples which in totality makes 900 crores like the story of in Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala or it could be altogether a myth that people believe.

Edited by dey.bh - 26 December 2014 at 2:50am

...Dexterity...-Swetha-

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
She was queen of Samarkand, it's not in India.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samarkand
dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

She was queen of Samarkand, it's not in India.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samarkand
The story depicted was at best 100 years old considering the Rani is still alive to hide the gem in the Everest. 100 years before it was ruled by Russians and Russians don't wear Sarees, do they ?
ANyways if the place in under Russian influence the question is even more pertinent. How did the gem manage to hide from Stalin or Lenin ?LOL

The owner was still the king of Samarkand. Going by wiki's history, Samarkand was never ruled by a HIndu King in the recent times.

Only possibility is that the King out of love for his queen might have settled somewhere in India/Nepal/Bhutan etc.

Or I think the place belongs either to India or her neighbours. Its look like a fictional place.

Edited by dey.bh - 25 December 2014 at 11:34pm

...Dexterity...-Swetha-

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
It was narrated by Rungta. It's his version, Indian imagination. Not necessarily following their original attire. Some of these kings prefers to live at other places. So it's highly possible they were living in a different place then their own country.
His friend, who burried the sarpech on Everest, loves mountains. He seems to be a genuine person, not affected by the antique value of the ornament.
Samarkand (Uzbek: Samarqand ; Russian: from Sogdian: "Stone Fort" or "Rock Town")
This show's story covers people, places from different part of the World. So its' highly possible that ornament is not of Indian origin.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ringroses

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

It was narrated by Rungta. It's his version, Indian imagination. Not necessarily following their original attire. Some of these kings prefers to live at other places. So it's highly possible they were living in a different place then their own country.
His friend, who burried the sarpech on Everest, loves mountains. He seems to be a genuine person, not affected by the antique value of the ornament.
Samarkand (Uzbek: Samarqand ; Russian: from Sogdian: "Stone Fort" or "Rock Town")
This show's story covers people, places from different part of the World. So its' highly possible that ornament is not of Indian origin.

That I said is a possibility. 
But the amount still is a matter of question. How can such a costly jewel remain a secret, so much that the Rani can hide it anywhere and no one knows about it ? I believe 90 crore was enough.
I can think that way for Roongta. He knows only money and nothing more than thatLOL Considering how little he knows about mountaineering upon which rests his survival I can imagine his imagination especially when it revolves around money . LOL

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index