India-Forums

Zindagi Channel
Zindagi Channel

Dastaan airing. confirmed.

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Right after kaisi yeh qayamat today,a segment was shown where all new shows were specified,to be aired in 2015

The list of shows look promising and has shows by sanam saeed and some even by sania (mahjabeen from Numm)

But what caught my attention was Dastaan! Yes people. Dastaan will be aired,theyve renamed it as Lakeerein.

Now hiw ever it is going to be perceived,Dastaan airing in India is quite big.

Imo,Dastaan as a love story is brilliant. If viewed with an.open mond,the story would touch you. Deeply.

Powerful performances by actors and some good direction. Sanam Baloch is fantastoc in Dastaan. Fawad,needless to say is great too LOL

But there are certain segments,some words ir depictions which as Indians we are likely to be offended by. I think Zindagi will play it safe by cutting those bits.

If cutting of scemes might not be possible,they might make it seem like a scene with narrative voice overs?

I know some would argue,that it would be unjust to the quality of the show. But not everyone can have an open mind u know?

So if by chopping few portions,would garner more respect for the show and bring in more viewership,not only would it be good for the show,but for most Indians it might show a different perspective of the partition.

its a known fact that people on both sides suffered and it was predicted too that violemce ia bound yo happen,if the country gets partitioned based on religion. (nehru mentioned this many times)

Both nations have had some remarkable movies on shows which showed the respective nation's perspective,it would be interesting to watch a Pakistanis perspective.

I think with the Peshawar attack,and the kind of support Pak received from India,its pretty clear that we might be separared by boundaries,but the colourif blood,is same,in Mumbai or in Peshawar.

Hoping the best for Dastaan.

Other shows included Mata E jaan and some from more from adeel gussain,amina,sanam baloch and others. Nauman Ijaz's few shows looked interesting too.

Why are they changing the names? Its so stupid.

Why did dastaan's name needed to be changed? Or eben mora piya's? These are understandable words for a typical hindi speaker.

Edited by The.Patthaaka. - 25 December 2014 at 8:43am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Saima2010...Annie...vidya0906Jenny_loversillage.RaatriFreebird_23tvluvrfary5nikitaloveuAlmas.Neerjaakhamosshhhshreya11mehraTeAmo_Messi-Swetha-TheRager

frozen.devil Goldie
frozen.devil
frozen.devil

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Yes!!! I just saw the promo showing all d dramas to be aired in 2015...  Omg I can't believe this...  I thought it won't be aired coz of some disputes n stuff...  M soo happy Party

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

khamosshhh IF-Sizzlerz
khamosshhh
khamosshhh

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Hmmm dat would indeed be interesting and an acid test of sorts. Of course the fringe elements will be up in arms, but it would be a test for the mainstay viewers and how they receive it. Also I suppose many Indians on dis forum itself have watched it and have received it very well.

For me, I liked Dastaan but didn't garee to the political rhetoric. Also other than dis, the drama itself is pretty disturbing. Even now some scene from the drama catches me unawares and upsets me. So it's definitely not for the weak-hearted.

BTW what's with changing names of shows dat r simple to pronounce? I am just glad ZGH was aired first, otherwise ZGH with any other name wouldn't hv been d same.LOLJust kidding. Wink

Ah finally another Sanam Saeed and Fawad show. Big smile

Neerjaa

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 9:04am | IP Logged
I hope they cut the rhetoric. I am one of the bigots who cant take anti-India/anti-Gandhi jingoism. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mayu.jollysillage.DefLeppardkhamosshhh..Amri..Neerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 10:31am | IP Logged
 Dastaan is beautiful saga but have to be watched with unbiased perspective with open heart , keeping in mind that Bano is a faceless woman represents thousands of women both sides at that moment . And channel has to  do the editing as haters and fanatics are just need opportunity to create mob mentality . I have already seen tis show as was recommended but for me it was an story which was told from other side of perspective as we also have so many and even turned in to movies . Brilliant acting with poignant story which moves your heart . Editing might kill the little bit of essence but still will be a brilliant drama not to be missed .   

khamosshhh

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 10:39am | IP Logged
@Shreya : Me too. There were some acenws which are really offensive and I'll be honest,it did piss me offLOL I just closed the tab and decided not to continue watching LOL I did though,but not completely. I watched the second half in bits n pieces thats why.

There are certain incidents which were misinterpreted, and in a way,unjust to what Indians went through.

*spoiler alert*
Show focussed on rape of a muslim girl by hindus(as per the show,hinting towards Indians),but completely turned a blind eye for the rape of hindu girls by muslims there,which did happen in large numbers too.This I think was something which I couldnt digest.

Ofcourse there are instances in whivh hindus helped and stuff like that,but thats not given so much importance there.

I think thats why airing Dastaan would be critical. With the growing popularity of the channel,if certain scenes r not cit,I fear yet another protest might be in the news.

Nevertheless,this show had everything to make a great show. Except for this sticky India pak topic.

We people across the borders cant calm the hell down during a cricket match even,imagine thisLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.NeerjaaTheRager

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Patthaaka.

@Shreya : Me too. There were some acenws which are really offensive and I'll be honest,it did piss me offLOL I just closed the tab and decided not to continue watching LOL I did though,but not completely. I watched the second half in bits n pieces thats why.

There are certain incidents which were misinterpreted, and in a way,unjust to what Indians went through.

*spoiler alert*
Show focussed on rape of a muslim girl by hindus(as per the show,hinting towards Indians),but completely turned a blind eye for the rape of hindu girls by muslims there,which did happen in large numbers too.This I think was something which I couldnt digest.

Ofcourse there are instances in whivh hindus helped and stuff like that,but thats not given so much importance there.

I think thats why airing Dastaan would be critical. With the growing popularity of the channel,if certain scenes r not cit,I fear yet another protest might be in the news.

Nevertheless,this show had everything to make a great show. Except for this sticky India pak topic.

We people across the borders cant calm the hell down during a cricket match even,imagine thisLOL

Its the story from both sides of perspective . Bano was first  saved by Sardar and again was helped to send her back to across the line by the same community woman . and sad part was that she just was shattered by her own . Good bad people are every where . But Dastaan is a catch 22 situation whee it can create controversy as we already have seen many times written posts about this so called patriotism .

nevah_mind Senior Member
nevah_mind
nevah_mind

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RockChicGirl

I hope they cut the rhetoric. I am one of the bigots who cant take anti-India/anti-Gandhi jingoism. 
ditto.

I'm sure there will be huge edits on the political part and mentions of religion, while retaining the essence of the love story.
See, we identify another country's people as per their nationality, not their religion. E.g.  for us Pakistanis are Pakistanis, not Muslims. However, for them, Indians are Hindus, and Indian Muslims are their brothers. 
Huge difference in how people are perceived. So the rhetoric comes out against the religion than the people.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage..FemmeFatale.NeerjaakhamosshhhTheRager

Go to top