Ye Hai Mohabbatein

India-Forums

Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

25.12.2014 - Ishita - Now The Be-All and End-All of YHM (Page 9)

columbia IF-Dazzler
columbia
columbia

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AraBearxx

Did someone day something about shows running for too long and losing track? Try Doctor Who.. It's been running for 50 years and it's better than ever. One of the most watched shows in history (I guess) and if your fandom, which is a huge one when it comes to this show, consists of all ages alike and mostly sciency geeks... Think about it.  

Oh dear! you did not just do what i think you did!

How in the world can you compare the two??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

One is a masterpiece the other is garbage!

Puhleez!

the only way I guess to deal with YHM garbage is to 

"Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" And then I realised I was wasting my time, becos it just was not a good story, cause in the end  "We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Edited by columbia - 26 December 2014 at 1:09am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gravity23-Ara-

gravity23 IF-Dazzler
gravity23
gravity23

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by gravity23

I admit I loved Chennai Express.  It was a good film. I like Aiyyaa too, though I wouldn't watch it twice because the concept which could be turned into something better was just butchered right, left and centre and was almost borderline creepy at times. 

I loved Taare Zameen Par. Watched it over and over and cried everytime Maa came on. I will still get sad if I remember the beauty of the song.  

I'm telling. The first look when I told my friends that I started watching YHM was the look of disgust. When I told my bestfriend I started a fanfiction on the show (the second and only one I told about in my 'real life') she gave me a look that clearly said are you f**king serious..but then she proceeded to help me with the plot because that's what besties are for.  

I've grown up in a friend circle that would rather discuss Naruto, Pokemon, Supernatural, House, CSI or something equally compelling. And four months ago I would be one of those people who would diss anyone who mentioned anything with Hindi in it. That's how we grew up. Dissing Indian tele, India and anything linked to it and the funny fact is that we live here. 

I've been saying this and now it almost feels like a chant, "YHM was meant to be an urban based show for the urban audiences who got home from office or their jobs and then turned on their TV while they settled in and opened their takeout and prepped for a shower or just to spend time with their family. It was meant for students,  like me,  who came home from college and other coaching centres and just turned on the tv and watched something other than TVD or a rerun of Glee or Gossip Girl. Who tuned in to their national language soap and watched it without being judged. It's not about being more inclined towards western stuff. It's about the content. I would rather watch reruns of Big Bang Theory, The Middle Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, The Originals etc. to the point where I could quote dialogues as the scene played as opposed to watching some desi tv. It's the quality. And the quantity. And the beauty. And if kdramas can produce 2 hours + worth of live filmed footage (in life locations and not sets) our TV actor can do better, much better by putting out less than 1 hour of footage every week. And stop with the whining. We get it its hard and all that, but you choose to do it and you are paid a bomb to do it each it, so do it well.  

I LOVED Chennai Express...it was genuinely funny and fast-paced...remember one particular SRK line "Cheena Mudail Hai" ..laughed really hard at that ROFL
HNY, on the other hand, was palm-in-the-face funny (you laugh coz of the sheer ludicrous stuff shown in the movie)...Aiyya?? Aiyyo!! It totally creeped me out!

Yeah...TZP was one of a kind...loved the last scene...I even liked Stanley ka Dabba...very subtle..not very preachy..and yet impactful...

Lol..Funnily enough, my sister got me on board to watch YHM...and I remember I started watching it right after IshRa got married...and were stll getting on each other's nerves...and even THAT was SOOO much relatable...I used to mock my sister for watching it earlier, but the day I started watching Tongueit, I was hooked...

sadly, that hasn't been the case since some time now...

I cannot tell you how awkward and out of place I used to feel in college...watching cheesy soaps like Miley Jab Hum Tum, while my friends would be watching How I met your Mother, Bones, Friends, Two and A Half Men, Big Bang Theory, Dexter...I didnt understand why they used to tease me about it...but heck! now that I've grown past college romance, I can understand why it appeared to be so distasteful for soo many people. Desi TV ENCASHES emotions like they're gonna go out of stock or something :p

IF Only The producers could do something better with all the time and money and resources in their hands...But why blame the producers?? or the channels? There are millions out there who would rather watch something than can be digested with a glass of Masala cold drink, rather than invest time i someting which would make them THINK. 

just a fanciful thought - If Indian Telly was to produce a Desi counterpart of 'Sex and the City', what would it be like?? 

First of all... Love the color coding. Bas. 

Red: I loved the promos. I honestly fell in love with the promos. They were so beautiful. But I have a track record when it comes to tv shows and I don't know where it went with this one. (Track record: I quit after a week into every show I watch. Every show but YHM.) So I watched the show in tits and bits whenever my schedule permitted me to and this October I guess I just started marathoning. Oh. Yes. I came across a scene on YouTube and likes the relationship dynamics... Nok jok and everything and that was it.  

BLACK 2: Agree. But there isn't anyone who watches desi tv in my college. No one at all. Two friends of mine  who watch YHM and all from the "cool" crowd and one of them is a desi tv fan and the other one just shrugs and goes like, yes, Sue me. The latter doesn't care about much and just watches it to pass time. Even they've given up now I guess. Sigh. 

Blue 2: Agree. It's a sad sad life.  

There would be no desi counter part, just a group of aunties bitching about each other. Gossip Girl? 

@bold - Just thought colour coding would better than to keep going back and reading the entire thing, trying to find out which bit I wanted to harp on and ans ;)

Ohhh yesss!! Their nok-jhok wasnt the typical ones that I'd seen thousands of times before..and the CVs actually dared to portray a man as raw as an open electric wire, a bundle of nerves and an irresistible short fuse Tongue while the woman was no less...by developing OCD with the cute little girl next-door..so yeah, it makes for a VERY promising premise..

Ishita started off as an independent, strong, powerful, STUBBORN woman who could NOT fathom why this Angry Young Man was neglecting his adorable daughter...She was someone who WOULD NOT stand for shit, which is why she single-handedly saw thru the Param molestation case..

And now?

She is a STUBBORN INSENSIBLE ATTENTION-SEEKING DOMINANT OMNIPRESENT FORCE IN THE BHALLA/IYER/KHANNA HOUSE..and somehow, EVERYTHING comes back to her...she is like the sun in the solar system...bloody irritating...

Raman has lost the spunk we all got to love him for...he's now merely living in his wife's shadow...Angry

Nah!! That's still okay...Our Desi counterparts would be "Kabhi Sauten Kabhi Saheli" "Pati, Patni aur Pati ka Business Partner" "Mangetar Bani Chudail" "Biwi Hai ya Dharmatma

gravity23 IF-Dazzler
gravity23
gravity23

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:23am | IP Logged

Did someone day something about shows running for too long and losing track? Try Doctor Who.. It's been running for 50 years and it's better than ever. One of the most watched shows in history (I guess) and if your fandom, which is a huge one when it comes to this show, consists of all ages alike and mostly sciency geeks... Think about it.  
"
I'd sure watch it...

btw, its out of context, but please do share Surreal Fantasy's O.S. link...wanna get away from this depraved dramatic show for a while...
gravity23 IF-Dazzler
gravity23
gravity23

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by columbia

Oh dear! you did not just do what i think you did!

How in the world can you compare the two??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

One is a masterpiece the other is garbage!

Puhleez!

the only way I guess to deal with YHM garbage is to 

"Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" And then I realised I was wasting my time, becos it just was not a good story, cause in the end  "We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

@blue - Eggjactly...We're all stories...so why hammer utter nonsense in people's brains and try and make us symphatize with them??

If in ANY way, the CVs thought viewers are gonna go "Poor Ishita..she is so pure, so selfless, so caring...how can Raman DO this to her? Men are all the same..they are ba&^%$#@..." THEN PLEASE...I'd cheer Raman on and let him have with Shagun which Ishita didnt bother to get to...for a goddamn whole year!! www""Chheee" "ADI ko yeh sab nahin dekhna chahiye tha..."

Well..the poor guy needs a break...and if Ishita cant toe the line and wants to trust Raman with his bitchy yet very sexy EX-WIFE...I have NOTHING to say

Edited by gravity23 - 26 December 2014 at 1:31am
PRINCESS_ALISHA IF-Addictz
PRINCESS_ALISHA
PRINCESS_ALISHA

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by appuss

shagun is trying to prove to raman that ishita does not like adi
as per toshi's request ishita will stay away from adi and raman will misunderstand herOuchConfused
gravity23 IF-Dazzler
gravity23
gravity23

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by WhenInRome

this show is stupid.
writers and CVs have totally lost it.

I advise you guys to stop wasting your energy on discussing its 'no logic' or 'nonsensical' story.
really guys, I am telling you. YHM is not worthy of our time and energy.

Quit watching! I have already.

@bold - Earlier whenever the above emphasized words to come up in the context of Telly soaps, I used to think of SNS ...(the multicoloured bindi on Kokila's forehead shining even in a tragic scene...their slow-motion dialogue delivery as if the viewers are deaf and cant catch on to their words and Gopi CRYING, CRYING her EYES out in EVERY single episode for God knows HOW MANY YEARS)...

Now...I think of YHM...
gravity23 IF-Dazzler
gravity23
gravity23

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by columbia

Originally posted by WhenInRome

this show is stupid.
writers and CVs have totally lost it.

I advise you guys to stop wasting your energy on discussing its 'no logic' or 'nonsensical' story.
really guys, I am telling you. YHM is not worthy of our time and energy.

Quit watching! I have already.

Done. Deal. 

We should form a club of people who quit the show. Bas. 

I have!

In fact lets start a thread with just that
"YHM Quitters Appreciation THread"
and lets all join that!

Count me in!! 
-Ara- IF-Sizzlerz
-Ara-
-Ara-

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 2:50am | IP Logged
Columbia. Agree.  

Go to top