India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

Pls...pls...pls ....Do read

Shliya Groupbie
Shliya
Shliya

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Pls do read till the end. I've been wanting to write about this for a very long time now. All this while I thought there was no need to express my views coz I really felt that KY2 is different and its makers have a different point of view. But now I'm feeling that deep down it's all the same.
WARNING : this article is not specifically abt KY2 but in general abt Indian makers.

Some 2 years back me and my brother were watching television when suddenly he switched to a channel called star utsav...for those who don't know this channel does not telecast any new series but reruns the shows of star plus and star one . Guess which serial was playing ...Kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi..To my surprise my brother didn't change the channel and I got pissed off. He basically wanted to have some fun and wanted to see how stupid those saas bahu shows can be. To our greatest surprise we both actually started enjoying the show. It was one of the initial episodes ( might be b/w 10 to 20). The light hearted banter of the cousins...the young sweet romance all was nice and realistic. Trust me kyun ki was never that loud in terms of dresses and make up initially. We both realised that it was a nice family drama when it started. Some negativity was there but then its there in every serial. What must have went wrong ...production house's obsession with TRPs and their dream to reach 100 then 200 then 300 (episodes) and so on.

Its the case with every serial today. Me and my mom used to call Bade acche late hain a 'classic' when it began. But after the second leap we lost all interest.

The problem with Indian makers is that they never care to focus on the story. For them its all about TRPs and no.of episodes. They have concrete story for first few episodes the rest it seems they make up later depending upon how to increase TRPs for which they introduce such twist and turns that completely distort the story and ruin the characters. Ever since I've seen zindagi channel I've become a huge fan of Pakistani dramas...and of course Fawad Khan...what's so special about them they r short (21 to 25 episodes) ... to the point...realistic ...simple and have very strong plots. The makers have complete focus on the story. For them its always all about Asher and Khirad ... Aunn and Zara and Zaroon and Kashaf.

Whereas in our shows its never about Ram and Priya or Tulsi ...its always about how too make your show the longest running. They never try to share a story with the viewers.

The whole point is what about the viewers ??? They become so attached to the main characters all most thinking them to be real and want them to have a proper story and a happy end. Many times the serial becomes completely irrational towards the end.

I've just started with boys over flowers. It has just one niche over KY2 that it is a finite series. But that makes all the difference...it makes it much more realistic and rational and makes the love story b/w jan di and jun pyo great. KY2 now seems a bit dragged at times. Manan are in love that's it they r together...now move on...we have seen their passion towards one another now show us some compassion too. Highlight other emotions ...show how they support each other through thick and thin but remain together. Bring to the front other hidden stories...dhruv and rishab's problem...cabir's life and his struggles ...mukti's life her relationship with abhi and Navya... There is so much to explore but they just don't do it maybe bcoz they want people to continue watching the drama for which they keep disrupting the life of lead couple. They don't know in the long run they might lose their audience. We r such crazy fans of KY2 ...hope in the end it all doesn't turn out to be futile. 

Guys pls do leave a reply on what u feel...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

mananforeverParud26Richa.jSonia_J16rajkumarioniArshirox97Forever19PrincessAshVik

Forever19 IF-Rockerz
Forever19
Forever19

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
As a viewer i want quality over quantity. I never supported their decision to air 6 days a week coz of this reason. My doubt turned out to be true. Thank god they went back to 5 days format. When I heard the news that KYY got extended for one more year, I felt a dilemma;whether to be happy or to be sad. I understand their pov. The  show has got so much positive feed back that they want to reap the most out of it. But is this the right approach?! My answer is no.  KYY started of as a 100 epi finite series, so it is understandable that their story is finite too.. Extension at this time will equate to dragging of story.. Dragging without proper planning can result in mindless tracks. They need time to plan. Good creations are those which involves a lot of hard work and dedication. Rome was not built in a day.
My suggestion to cv's is to take a break for a month or 2, come back with season 2. This way actors will get enough rest and cvs can plan good tracks so that KYY turns out to be a good example to indian dramas..

I like korean dramas for a simple reason..They start off with a bang, tell the story within finite episodes, and wrap up with a bang..You never get bored midway..

ZGH is one my all time favorite dramas...Kashaf is my girl crushEmbarrassed

P.S: I haven't got bored of KYY till nowLOL.. 

Edited by in_luv_wit_life - 25 December 2014 at 4:48am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-bharti-

navi04vet Goldie
navi04vet
navi04vet

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
I completely agree to what u r saying...but I think they will not drag manan anymore...I m giving it another 2 weeks max ( well...one can hope no!!!) And though I love kyy a lot I really hope they won't extend the series to 2 or 3 years...coz then for stretching they may have to follow typical cliche scenarios n I hate it (I know most of u ppl won't agree with me, but its my POV)..
spnfan IF-Rockerz
spnfan
spnfan

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:45am | IP Logged
They can run the show as long as they want but just make it seasonal like american show... 
fan145 IF-Rockerz
fan145
fan145

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:50am | IP Logged
I think till now kyy hasnt lost its charm ..yes few epis were little out but they did managae to come bak..sooo for me i can and i am happy watching this show..and lemme say they wont startch it too long ..vikku knws us very well..this show has just stardt thes ots of scopes in this show..soo wait and watch ..i loved it..
Parud26 Senior Member
Parud26
Parud26

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 5:56am | IP Logged
i agree with you 100% [=D]

im not excited as I was during the first 50 or so episodes but the show's going pretty alright now.

im just praying that they don't ruin this show for TV ratings and all!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top