Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Episode 7, Dec 24 - Shivanand's Failed Attempts and Ram Leela

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
GPS device - Today the mafia is proven to be a fool in a way. They follow the orders of the SS, but they fail to do something as simple as check a house in full.

Shivanand tries to connect with home - Shivanand tries to save the woman and the child again. He tells them that they can save themselves only. I like the way he tried to help her by explaining his problem to this stranger in the hopes that she'll try to stand up for herself and her son. It was a sweet gesture and you could see it so clearly on the woman's face. But just as he attempted to save her from an abusive husband, he still hasn't been able to save himself from the mafia and the SS fully because he still hasn't been able to find his family.

Udiya Baba discovers the danger - One thing I complement the director on today is how they handled everything in one episode. In a regular show something like this would have taken at least a week worth of episodes and it would probably involve Udiya Baba first being captured by Pandey and then escaping. Udiya Baba was smart to listen without showing himself and then rush off to save Rudra instead of confronting Pandey. It also shows that he hasn't fully left the world's material and emotional possessions behind. Only a man who cares deeply for someone will go to any extent to save him.

Swami's involvement - A conversation between Pandey and his saala has left me with many questions that I hope will be answered soon. Pandey says that without Swami knowing no one can disappear from the Kumbh, yet Shivanand did. Maybe Swami is involved with the Polish SS. And if he isn't then how did the Polish SS manage to get Shivanand out of the Kumbh without Swami knowing?

The real life Ram Leela - This is nothing more than a real life Ram Leela for me. Just as Ram destroyed Raavan, Rudra today destroyed Pandey's plans and proved once and for all that he is untouchable. And just as Ram saved Sita, Rudra saved Udiya Baba. He fought against all odds to save the one person he loved so deeply that he would do anything for him. Rudra and Udiya Baba aren't just father and son, they're emotional companions. And they'll do whatever they need to do for each other even as others attempt to stop them. I don't think Maimui, Tiwari, or Punnu would have ever been able to stop Rudra even if they tried. And just when you think both are no more, Rudra comes out carrying a badly hurt, but alive Udiya Baba once again shocking Maimui, but also shocking Tiwari this time.

The precap - I feel there's more to the precap then meets the eye. Shivanand does get caught but he gives a smile to the woman and child almost as if he's done something to assist them. I wonder if maybe he'll get the husband caught or something.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ringrosesCalliopeangelic8219Sadia_JenAmkiranprisjj23MaaneetDeewangi-Swetha-

kiranpri IF-Dazzler
kiranpri
kiranpri

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Thank you for the post and I look forward to catching up with this week's episodes

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sadia_JenAm

angelic8219 IF-Dazzler
angelic8219
angelic8219

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Strangers lending shivanand their mobiles was a bit much, why would you give your phone to a total stranger to use and that to make an international call? Did shivanand really have enough money to make a call to India from a pay phone? 
-Swetha- IF-Addictz
-Swetha-
-Swetha-

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:51am | IP Logged
^ Nice review of the episode by u, Shreya! Big smile
Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Calliope

I haven't watched the episode yet and should be, hopefully, watch it by tonight or tomorrow.

Coming to this episode: It seems like Rudra has become the story and even larger than story. Somewhere the mythology, the back stories have taken a step back. I would like to think its establishing the character is taking all this while. However we haven't seen much on what's exactly going on. As long as that's something burning in the background, the story should be fine. When the character becomes larger than story, the story loses its tempo and its importance.

Nice review :=) Will catch up tonight!

I don't really feel that. Yes Rudra has become an important part of the story, but I feel the story is where it stands with Poland's SS taking a few steps forward as does Rudra's taqdeer.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top