Jaishankar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Have not seen the epi but based on the written as I mentioned in my previous thread looks like Suraj has indeed come with a suicidal explanation for his separation with Sandy.Makes me wonder how are CV's gonna justify any of these.Just saying his mental instability is not going to make sense.
The reason is childish which can lead to the fact that how come such a matured person take such childish decision leading to the fact he is not mentally alright.
But its not convincing currently. I wonder how CV's think with this portrayal their TRP's will stay on top.
Suraj is hugely loved and highly famous character with the viewers and Anas I believe like all actors has shown his displeasure when his character has been loosing track (which is the right thing to do),so it gives me little hope that unless there is really convincing reason Anas would have shown his displeasure with the track as it might make Suraj character loose its popularity which no actor would want,unless they have something convincing to come up with. The only hope I can currently catch on is to that as it seems for separation they want to show Suraj wrong ,Sandy fight against that injustice ,make it right which is ridiculous . IF they go on a themeline of injustice done by husband over wife track and make Suraj some villian the show is going down big time.I hope CV's already know and have a strong convincing reason for what is been shown.At the moment its not convincing enough,they need to show Suraj instability in general on a wider scale where slowly people start noticing that something is not right here.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deebz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Completely agree. Suraj has sacrificed his whole life for others. His love and unconditional support for Sandhya cannot be thrown away into nothingness. It would be a great shame. If this is another track to glorify Sandhya or BhaSan instead of SurYa, have we not had a string of those already? If the essence of diya baati is lost, there is absolutely nothing to watch here. The uniqueness here was the purity of their bond. If that is gone, then what is left? Half baked cop stories? Woman empowerment is all good but not at the expense of a character that has been and can continue to be inspirational to a lot of married men out there. It is more acceptable to watch Vikram or Mohit doing this sort of thing but not Suraj. Total fail! Like you, I do hope there is another reason and they show it quick and not drag it for weeks till the show is sabotaged for good. Edited by Deebz - 9 years ago
GovindaGovinda thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree with you - I was very angry when Suraj was not talking to Sandhya in the hospital, expressed my opinion until I read somewhere that he might be doing this on purpose to hurt Sandhya -
I hope CVs will come with great plot to convince us of his reasons - if they show bhaSan again and their bond, then this show should end immediately

at this point in the show there should not be baSan bond - that has been established

no more glorifying Sandhya too - seen too many times

if it PTST, then CVs should show how Suraj is suffering from this syndrome than make the viewers guess

I really feel bad for the actor to have to agree to be a part of this script
Deebz thumbnail
^ agree. If this is truly butchering Suraj then I would have prefered that he took the bullet and martyred himself. They could start a sequel with just Sandhya fighting the good fight in his memory.
jsingh12 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I too agree. Making Suraj villain achieves nothing (includes TRPs as well) instead the show will just go to drains. 
I had a hope after noticing 2 things in today's episode. Hope I observed correctly.

1. Suraj's legs stumbled when Sandhya left him saying there is nothing more to say or hear. 
It's like for that reaction of hers he did what all he did but at the end he couldn't see her leaving 

2. When he accused her that bhabho is not her mother and she wouldn't have risked if her mother was present there instead of bb.
A lone tear dropped from his eye which he wiped and didn't cry again.

There should be some justification for his behavior because at this point of show glorifying bhabho and Sandy relation gains nothing and no one will be interested to watch also and sorry to say making Suraj villain and Sandy Mahaan by accepting him also doesn't work.

So better cvs come up with strong justification for his behavior and yeah that too ASAP at least for audiences.
jsingh12 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Deebz

^ agree. If this is truly butchering Suraj then I would have prefered that he took the bullet and martyred himself. They could start a sequel with just Sandhya fighting the good fight in his memory.

Please include me too. I too would prefer it than his character assassination ðŸ˜­

I have little hope left because till bb got shot Suraj was very much in his character so I'm hoping that cvs won't take any awful route.   

The main USP of DABH is SurYa's love and their unique relationship. Hope they won't plug it off and make DABH dark because there will be nothing left to watch after ðŸ¤¢
Edited by jsingh12 - 9 years ago
Deebz thumbnail
^ true. Even Sandy's dialogue about how everything was lost was quite like Sv2. When she finally agreed to leave him, his feet staggered back just like this.There he could not bear the separation even for a couple of minutes before getting back on the bus with her but this time he has actually managed to stay away a whole night!
GovindaGovinda thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jsingh12

I too agree. Making Suraj villain achieves nothing (includes TRPs as well) instead the show will just go to drains. 

I had a hope after noticing 2 things in today's episode. Hope I observed correctly.

1. Suraj's legs stumbled when Sandhya left him saying there is nothing more to say or hear. 
It's like for that reaction of hers he did what all he did but at the end he couldn't see her leaving 

2. When he accused her that bhabho is not her mother and she wouldn't have risked if her mother was present there instead of bb.
A lone tear dropped from his eye which he wiped and didn't cry again.

There should be some justification for his behavior because at this point of show glorifying bhabho and Sandy relation gains nothing and no one will be interested to watch also and sorry to say making Suraj villain and Sandy Mahaan by accepting him also doesn't work.

So better cvs come up with strong justification for his behavior and yeah that too ASAP at least for audiences.

Not onle Suraj stumbled on seeing Sandhy leave, his expressions in his eyes when he came in and saw her finger with bandaid - I am not sure if anyone noticed but I saw for a second the old Suraj with his concern to his wife - he almost jumped to her when he saw that - am I seeing wrong things here😭
I really hope CVs do not kill this character and make baSan the heors - I am tired of seeing Sandhya as best ASP and great bahu - I want to see her as best Baati
Sonali_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I agree with everyone above , we all need to hv a strong justification of why Suraj is seperating himself from Sandhya...Otherwise I really dont know what to say..
The show is called diya aur baati hum , the makers should remember this always .
mahiwayyy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Agree with u all...

One hope - Apt title. For me its one last hope.

Suraj is such an inspirational character...

Even in the battle field, Suraj told " Aap pehle ek sipai hai naa kisika bahu naa kisika patni". So cv's cant change suraj character at one instance.  There must be some convincing reason they shld give for his stand.

I also felt suraj achieved what he wanted. To make sandy herself leave from the place and from him. He couldnt stand it. Also the tears when he accused her.

Pls cv's dont spoil suraj character just for bhasan glorification.

Also in one offscreen seg, anas himself told everything is well-planned decision. So real reason is yet to be revealed i guess.
Edited by MS-CaptainCool - 9 years ago