Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Biwi bahar, biwi ke sautans andar (Page 10)

Mallika-E-Bhais IF-Stunnerz
Mallika-E-Bhais
Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:16am | IP Logged
@Swati: But status is generally, esp in BW, a perception. The Kapoors are regarded to be the first family or one of them,because they're credited for sort of making Bollywood the huge industry it is today. Now, I don't know whether that's  true or not, just talking about perception.

Yes you're right. All those people would be wealthier than the Kapoors. Including Vidya's SRK.

swati1975us IF-Rockerz
swati1975us
swati1975us

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

Uhhh.

They've  TOO much money? Thats  how. LOLLOL

They make the kind of money on a single film that most people don't see in their life-time. And they've made enough movies!!! Couple that with ALL their endorsements & this is peanuts for them. LOL

Plus builders give them good discounts. LOL

I don't doubt they have the money to pay 15 or even 50 lakhs if they choose to. I'm just puzzled that they claim to be paying 15 when they've only rented one apartment the going rate for which is 5 lakhs in the market. 

No matter how much money you have, even an Ambani won't pay 2 times more for an apartment just for the heck of it. LOL

They actually make most of their money from endorsements and stage shows. Film contracts don't pay as much. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mallika-E-Bhais

Mallika-E-Bhais
Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by swati1975us

Uhhh.

They've  TOO much money? Thats  how. LOLLOL

They make the kind of money on a single film that most people don't see in their life-time. And they've made enough movies!!! Couple that with ALL their endorsements & this is peanuts for them. LOL

Plus builders give them good discounts. LOL

I don't doubt they have the money to pay 15 or even 50 lakhs if they choose to. I'm just puzzled that they claim to be paying 15 when they've only rented one apartment the going rate for which is 5 lakhs in the market. 

No matter how much money you have, even an Ambani won't pay 2 times more for an apartment just for the heck of it. LOL

They actually make most of their money from endorsements and stage shows. Film contracts don't pay as much. 

Biru makes some 2-5 C per film. Kat, like a 1-2? Maybe more, just talking an estimate here. That's a HELL lot of money for one project. But of course, they get 3 times that in endorsements & stage shows so I know what you mean. But it's a comparison. In general, they do make lot of money on movies too.

True! A wealthy man is the biggest miser. Ask bade-waale Ambani jee. LOLLOL

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 26 December 2014 at 1:20am

swati1975us

_Darling_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Darling_
_Darling_

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:22am | IP Logged

^ Ya she REALLY IS. LOL

Even Anil Kapoor was laughing!! Oh how could I forget Rani? He had an affair with her too.

Hilarious that Sonam consistently names Madhuri & Rani as her favourite actresses.ROFL

Lol, Sonam is cute and funny! LOL
Mallika-E-Bhais
Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Darling_

^ Ya she REALLY IS. LOL

Even Anil Kapoor was laughing!! Oh how could I forget Rani? He had an affair with her too.

Hilarious that Sonam consistently names Madhuri & Rani as her favourite actresses.ROFL

Lol, Sonam is cute and funny! LOL

This was just ROFL mainly due to KJo!!

_Darling_

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by you2

Bachchan's father the great poet..and their closeness to the first political family of india ..the Gandhis..all this adds that aura.
Yet Big B chauffeured Aish around ,even before  the marriage..Jayaji made fish curry herself for the guests ..she received the Ambanis and others  with great enthusiasm.(there were videos)

That is another story...

Let's discuss if we are referring to wealth or simply the perceived prestige of a family name. If it is wealth, then neither the Bachchans nor the Kapoors have much to show. In contemporary Bollywood powerhouse producers like the Lullas of Eros, Bhushan Kumar of T-Series, Ramesh Taurani of Tips, Sajid Nadiadwala, Aditya Chopra, whoever owns Ashtavinayak etc are a lot more wealthy than any Kapoor or Bachchan. 

Ronnie and Zarina Screwvala are probably loaded too, but too classy to ever flaunt it. 

But things get muddy when we discuss status and prestige. Was Prithviraj Kapoor held in very high esteem? Absolutely! Raj's status is a mixed bag - the Raj who made Shree 420 was respected and adored, the Raj who made Ram Teri Ganga Maili was rightfully seen as a sleazy old man. By the time we get to Rishi, Randhir and Rajiv the prestige gets even more diluted. Rajiv and Randhir are flop actors, Rishi barely managed to squeak through. I honestly don't know where the popular perception of Kapoors being a big deal in contemporary Bollywood comes from. 

Power + wealth... today Rani Mukherji and Vidya Balan !

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

swati1975ushermione82Mallika-E-Bhais

Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz
Scorpio_Velvet
Scorpio_Velvet

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:36am | IP Logged

Uhhh.

They've TOO much money? Thats how.LOLLOL

They make the kind of money on a single film that most people don't see in their life-time. And they've made enough movies!!! Couple that with ALL their endorsements & this is peanuts for them.LOL

Plus builders give them good discounts.LOL

No matter how much money you have, even an Ambani won't pay 2 times more for an apartment just for the heck of it.LOL

Biru makes some 2-5 C per film. Kat, like a 1-2? Maybe more, just talking an estimate here. That's a HELL lot of money for one project. But of course, they get 3 times that in endorsements & stage shows so I know what you mean. But it's a comparison. In general, they do make lot of money on movies too.

True! A wealthy man is the biggest miser. Ask bade-waale Ambani jee.LOLLOL

Way off. RK gets 15-20 cr for a film and Kat earns 6 cr. Even South actors make more than what you have quoted.

Quixotic5

Mallika-E-Bhais
Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:47am | IP Logged
^ And I said it's a general apporixamation, I know they make WAY more than I quoted, but even taking that as a conservative estimate-Still a LOT of money. Embarrassed Read the post.

Scorpio_Velvet

Go to top