Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sexpot thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: BoxedIn

@Genie: 

Nandini, for Manik, is this curious little thing he just cannot fathom. Everytime he thinks he has her number, she does something which derails all his confidence. And Manik does not function well without that protective veneer of the all-knowing, confident guy. He has always needed confirmation of some sort when it comes to her. It's why he kept asking her what she thought of him. It's why he needed that watchman outside the hostel to confirm, that yes, she had indeed come for him and not her stole. And now Cabir has deliberately taken on that role. 

Doc is on your case already for flirting with the photographer. Should I sacrifice? 😔

Boxy, you and Genie understand Nandu and explain her so well. I just wanted to make some observations. I Get very upset when people bash Nandu for being a cry baby,it really hurts me. Nandu is not a prop to Manik,she doesn't have to adjust her emotions to suit Manik or please him. Their pull is so profound and basic exactly because she is not the other piece in a puzzle (always hated that analogy,my perfect fit and all that jazz). She is an extreme contradiction,she comes with her own baggage,her vulnerabilities,her strengths,her failures. It's not in relation to Manik it is without him. That is the only reason she can be the Ego to his Id. And the converse holds true as well,he is the Ego to her super ego. It connects to her id. She is everything I wish I could have been at her age.
I hope Nandu takes that as a complement.

Genie and Boxy pehle shaadi fir orgy ok. I want to wear my wedding gown and have a fabulous forum wedding. Anyone up for being wedding planers? Genie is paying.
Ireena7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
That's a wonderful post!!!! 👏 everyone is calling you doc..so I guess you are a doctor and your post resembles your profession...
the way you described Manik's character and the situation he is going through it's just perfect...and yes Cabir acts like mature and his dialogues and point of view about life is really praise worthy...
I love Mukti..she is a lovely girl and knows how to deal with the stuffs related to life that can complicate the road of life...
hope Manik will soon realize his states of mind...I just don't understand why isn't he still accepting that it's a love!!! 
Sexpot thumbnail
@ireena thank you for your comment.
I'm too old and too cynical to be bothered about the acceptance or confession of love. But to answer your question let me ask you one,what do you mean by acceptance?
To me acceptance is a process of incorporation into ones psyche with no strings attached. It stays there because that's its home. Don't you think Nandu has penetrated his psyche and vice versa. She is his home,he is hers. The conflicts as a result of their individual struggles are what makes them engaging and real.
Acceptance according to me is too pass 
Ireena7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: annboleyn

@ireena thank you for your comment.

I'm too old and too cynical to be bothered about the acceptance or confession of love. But to answer your question let me ask you one,what do you mean by acceptance?
To me acceptance is a process of incorporation into ones psyche with no strings attached. It stays there because that's its home. Don't you think Nandu has penetrated his psyche and vice versa. She is his home,he is hers. The conflicts as a result of their individual struggles are what makes them engaging and real.
Acceptance according to me is too pass 

thanks dear...loved your answer ...got the message what you are trying to say..appreciate it...and yes you are right...😊

As you asked me so i would also like to answer...for me acceptance is the realization that one can't live without the other...and to feel that he cares for her...her smile is the most important thing to him..he can't see her in pain...he is accepting all the things but not saying it's love..then what love is in his point of view??? 

Edited by Ireena7 - 9 years ago
Sexpot thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheShipWeirdo

res

unres

Warning: I don't do good comments and specially not in analysis :S

Doc 🤗 I've always found it interesting to read about psychology, for some reason. And all I could think while going through this was how it's totally a "Doc post".

It's truly great how you've penned down the inner workings of Manik's mind in such a spectacular fashion, leaves me dazed. I can't even try to add anything because it's all there. I'll just re-read this one gem of a post and the amazing replies that'll come with to be even more amazed.

I love reading analysis but I can't do it myself, I swear. Ask anyone. I would really, honestly do it if I could because I love you lots. But you make me want to study psychology 😆

Suha you UNRESD I'm truly honoured. I hope next time you write what you think as well. The forum is engaging because each one of us understands and describes the goings on based on our individuality.
It helps us glimpse a little into each other's life. We all bring something to the table you included. But this is a start. 
have you read Catcher in the Rye?
I'm still super happy though
Sexpot thumbnail

Originally posted by: rubys07

RES

EDITED

The soul-murder thing, I kind of agree to that. From what I've learnt about Manik, he has this sense of subconscious self-loathing in him. While growing up, emotional abuse tends to affect a child a lot more than physical one. Out  of the constant criticisms and rejection stems the feeling of self-loathing. The feeling of "hating myself" or "not doing/being enough" leads one to be subconsciously dependent on Id alone, and in these cases often the superego almost ceases to exist. For a children growing up like that, it becomes very much conflicting and confusing to listen to the call of Ego, because it makes them question their life principles (that has already stemmed from id) and also because they feel it makes them vulnerable' to emotional rejection (defense mechanism at work).

Nandini is Manik's Ego. THIS. Your Ego won't let you do whatever you like. The conflicts, the fights of MaNan- a reason for it is because Nandini has always made Manik question his ideas of things, his principles- all of which are driven by his id, even now. Nandini isn't his Superego, because she is not perfection or goodness personified, like Dhruv imagines her to be. She is the girl believing in traditions and customs, but she doesn't be all shaadi-ke-baad' while in love with Manik. She is Manik's Ego, because she can properly rationalize, hatch a plan and take charge of an id-driven Manik wanting to murder Harshad even if he is to be destroyed in the process.

(Sorry I've had a year's worth of food today alone so I don't wanna think about any food right now. But I completely agree with the detoxing thing.)

And Manik's immature defense mechanism. In the show, he is what, 19? 20 at max? He is so close to developing as an adult. We all know that Nandini, his Ego, will eventually come around and be there to work as a mediator in Manik's life. But I believe Manik should at least try to appropriate his defected mechanism and that too soon. Relying on one's judgment and principles because you love her is fine. Being blindly and irreparably depended on someone because you cannot be trusted with your id-issues is wrong at so many levels.

Manik has a flawed way of dealing with rejection or fear. I call him a Gadha but even I know he can't help it. He keeps going back to the part where Nandini just walked away even after he'd let his wall down for her, even after he'd revealed his vulnerabilities. His sense of rejection affects his psyche so much that he hurts himself and Nandini, breaks within himself, snaps at everyone and tries to keep the indifferent, 'invincible mask on but never for once he takes a moment to think, ponder over the WHY'...the reason for Nandini's walking away.

On the other hand, we have Cabir, he can't boast of having the best past or anything, but the way he deals with things compared to Manik amazes me. I respect my bro. But then, human psychology works in its own peculiar way for each person. Cabir advises Manik to THINK why she had walked away, even though he doesn't know the past MaNan as a pair has, or the conversation they've had. But sometimes, like in today's epi, where he snaps at Manik and others for supporting Alya, I get worried for him. I've got people like Cabir (though not as awesome as him but close enough), and what I have seen is that they also have their moments, when they just can't take it anymore. Their suppression, positivity or humor burden them, with so much pressure they break... because suppressing strong emotions like betrayal, rejection, self-loathing etc doesn't make them disappear. Positivity or humor can lift up the mood temporarily but can't make one happy for good. I strongly hope Bira NEVER goes upto that point, where he has to break. I can't even think of it.

For Mukti, I think her defense mechanism is flawed as well, because she kind of has the same mechanism at work as Manik. But currently with the new track starting and all, I'd wait to see how she adapts and moves on.

Okay so it is a long, boring, incoherent and unrevised gibberish of a sleep-deprived mind, so just ignore if I start sounding nonsensical at any point/throughout the post. Plus, I'm no good with words so excuse moi. But in simple language, I LOVED what you've written, like seriously. Kudos👏

p.s. The title. I be a mythology freak and I LOBE it

Ruby thanks girl for unresing...
I loved three points you made
The first was the example of Harshad and how Nandu fits the bill of Ego in that scenario. Good one
Second was the importance of Manik to sort his mechanism out. It's important he does this on his own but he does need Nandu to provide the impetus
Third agree about Cabir,he is such a fantastic character and he is a shining example of human failing(bullying) and human triumph (vulnerability) we see both the sides and still love him and I think that is his USP.