India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

Cupid and Psyche (Page 4)

Sexpot Goldie
Sexpot
Sexpot

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:27am | IP Logged
@rida you write so well and coherently. Manik is my anti hero with a heart. 
And aren't they the perfect Cupid and psyche. It's all so perfect. 

@Boxy I want to read what you think.post quickly plz

@ Zoha hugs back

@ms you are a psychology student? I didn't know that

@Suha am waiting

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tutu982BoxedIn

Sexpot Goldie
Sexpot
Sexpot

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by N_Niya

Doc..
love u & ur posts! keep rocking.. Hug
Niya ab toh you must be on 7 th heaven. Your Parth is being loved...not
Missed you hugs back

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

N_Niya

Muggle_Diaries Goldie
Muggle_Diaries
Muggle_Diaries

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Hello Doc,
I don't know why you are 'Doc' but I am going with the flow here. Smile Hope it is fine with you.

I am new to this forum as well as the serial. I went through all the episodes  in the last couple of days. Call me crazy, but I looove intense love-stories especially when there are characters who has dark pasts.

And after finally catching up with all the episodes and I logged in to this forum just to read your post first. This is one of the mature and spot-on analysis I have read for a while. I can definitely identify with Manik and Mukhti as I have seen abuse in my childhood. 

Agree with whatever you are saying. This is exactly what I was thinking. 
Just adding my own musings in this thread. 

Because of Manik's past he is extremely passionate. He feels everything with his entire being. Be it hate, love, protectiveness or anything. It is always to the limit. The feelings he has for Nandini is very passionate. He does not know what they are, because he does not know "Love". He cannot name the affection he has for her. But he only knows that he needs her. 

At the same time, Nandini does  not match his passion yet. The feeling she has for Manik is very tender and she is little unsure of herself. 
But that does not mean one has the upper hand over the other. They both have to learn to love how the other person loves.

Manik has to learn "tenderness", "the peace which comes with being in love". Nandini has to learn "passion", "the volcano which erupts with being in love".  Before that they have to unlearn everything they know about themselves and re-learn and rediscover their inner self. 

Well, I wrote little more than I intended to, being the romantic I am...

-- Love and Peace---

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sukshSexpotBoxedInEXOLzohasad2.0charminggenie

lucky.m IF-Rockerz
lucky.m
lucky.m

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:35am | IP Logged
First thing that popped in my mind after reading your post is Sigmund Freud's psychoanalytic theory
important  aspects of human personality id ego super ego

Its true that The ideal self and conscience are largely determined in Childhood  from parental values and how you were brought up

I like how u have drawn parallels b/w KYY characters on this lines   and at the same time defense mechanisms

was fun to readSmileClap
would like to analyze more on the lines of theory  but too tired for that some other time

Edited by lucky.m - 24 December 2014 at 9:54am

Sexpot

Sexpot Goldie
Sexpot
Sexpot

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:49am | IP Logged
@muggle_diaries..I'm doc coz I'm doc.
Thanks for your comment and welcome to the forum. Manik and Nandu have the same degree of pull/ need/ attraction..call it whatever you want. But Maniks journey is slightly more complex as his inter personal relationships are extremely tenuous. His conflict is with himself and that's his beauty.

@lucky am glad you liked the interplay of id,ego and super ego

Muggle_Diaries

zohasad2.0 IF-Sizzlerz
zohasad2.0
zohasad2.0

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:51am | IP Logged
unres'd Doc on page 3...u better read it...and point out my flaws in understanding the whole concept of defense mechanism and Manik

*if any*LOLWink

Sexpot

EXOL IF-Sizzlerz
EXOL
EXOL

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:51am | IP Logged
wow what a fab post doc...
its so informative and the way u have explained it in with context of the characters is really fantastic..

too good !! :) 

Sexpot

Sexpot Goldie
Sexpot
Sexpot

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zohasad2.0

DocHug

res

unres

I had to go through some articles to understand defence mechanisms and ego. You have explained it beautifully Doc. This is a fab post.Clap You made me search on such things...I love this damn it!!!Hug

Now what I get is that defense mechanisms usually come in play when anxiety and the feeling of all of it 'crumbling down' comes.It is the feeling of all of it failing and shattering that one adopts these mechanisms...to survive and protect themselves, to enclose themselves in a nutshell coz that is where they feel safe. Doesn't this sound ManikMalhotra2.o on our faces?LOL Well that is what he is, isn't it? This is how he escapes situations...and has been doing it for a very long time. Isn't this all related to your yesterday's question to Genie as to how he shunts Fab5 but not her...ever. He has been playing this way coz this is how he feels safe, this is how he overcomes issues and problems, conflicts which need his attention are solved this way only. He in a way runs away from them.

We use defense mechanisms to protect ourselves from feelings of anxiety or guilt, which arise because we feel threatened, or because our id or superego becomes too demanding. ---Saul McLeod

Finally 'EGO' comes in play which I would associate to the denial phase..which is one of the many defense mechanisms. And that is what Manik mainly plays other than acting out.

His refusal to accept the changes, the emotions--whatever they maybe...not only restricted to love--is what makes him act out differently. His ego comes in play and he just simply stops accepting things just coz he doesn't wanna admit to them, come at terms with them. This is typical him...choking himself to a point where he can't be reached by any, shutting himself in a cage of his own ego, his own denial, his own refusal---to his own experiences and reality.

I associate acting out as his other defense process. He simply starts acting out as 'extremes'. (Isn't that what Nandu says?) 

Self-injury may also be a form of acting-out, expressing in physical pain what one cannot stand to feel emotionally.---Dr. John Grohol

He takes the path of going to extreme behaviour when there is something he fails to express. Majorly coz of the emotional extremes he has faced in his life coz of the parental neglect or not enough care from their side...he prefers to go the 'BLACK' or 'WHITE' way...no grey in between, is it?

Now Nandu comes in play...she pushes his limits unline Fab5 and Nyonika and touches those nerves...hurts his ego, makes him act out...and then is the balm he needs. She is taking him out of this black hole he is in subconsciously. 

She is the one who hurts his ego, he answers abck, fights for it and eventually sheds that veil of ego and his inner softie rises above all---she sees through his vulnerability and tries to mend him.

She is the one who makes him act extremes...makes him o black and tries to act as if she is white but they gradually settle at grey coz there is the middle path they both chose...something neither too loaded for him nor too simple, something which isn;t a burden nor a magic spell...they chose a path on which he can walk bare feet with her.

Thus she is special...she is light...she is fireflies...she is stars...she is his love...which our Gadha doesn't understand.LOL

Phew!!! DONE...I hope it matches up to ur level Doc.Wink
----Zoha

Zoha you researched stuff,I'm really happy. It's so much fun interacting with you guys. It's like a light has been lit and it burns brightly. I love how you've understood the interplay of id,ego,superego. We all have combinations of defence mechanisms. In certain situations we use repression/ acting out/humor. But with Manik it's very well defined there is no crossover,disambiguation and that's why he needs Nandu. Before she came into his life there was a complete disconnect and he was working at the spinal level. That's why he is our gadha.
Love 

zohasad2.0

Go to top