Sexpot Goldie
Sexpot
Sexpot

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by medha16

res
EDIT

Doc Hug
This post is so you...I really love how you always come up with such rational and factual explanations to everything and this was quite enlightening for a layman like me as well.

Your theory about nandini acting as the ego or the mediator b/w the two states of Manik is interesting...It's actually quite true now that I think of it.Manik has always been a man of extremes and has always been guided by his natural instincts and impulses more than anybody else. His super-ego comes into pay only after he has already acted. But it's nandini who has always triggered the rational, organised and emotional side of manik. 

On the other hand Cabir has always been brought up in a far healthier environment wherein he shared an extremely strong bond with his mother. He is far more rational and balanced in his approach . However, at the same time this tiff with his mother would hurt him even more than anybody else. It was she who was one of the two major fulcrums his life was centered upon. it would be interesting to see how he deals with this impasse from hereon.

Mukti's life too has been a turbulent one. From what we know, she comes from a family that is always on war. Mostly, constantly battling parents is far more damaging to a psyche than a broken family. She yearns to be accepted, to be loved wholly and she tries to find that lack in her family in other men. It was Harshad who gave her a chance at happiness, at love and she welcomed it and gave it her all. His betrayal shook her heavily and she couldn't deal with the rejection, the dashing of her hopes of a perfect life and thus she went into denial.

PS- I love the title of your post...the story of Nandini and Manik does draw a parallel b/w  the story of Eros and Psyche. The "soul"and the "love or desire" are interlinked, one cannot exist without the other and even though they would have to take a journey to the metaphorical "underworld', they would only emerge stronger with a love that is akin to being immortal.

I love my lit girls. M16 you write so well why don't you write more often?
I'm so thrilled you got my title I'm happy now.
You've explained so well what I didn't say but meant to say
Love  bas

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

medha16

Sexpot Goldie
Sexpot
Sexpot

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Noorie30

Doc, you know how much i love you Heartand how much i love these psychological stuffsDay Dreaming  To me these are more intoxicating than drugsLOL

I really love your explanation on Manik's defense mechanism.

You just made my love for you increased even more.Blushing

Thank you for this intriguing, enriching and beautiful post.Hug

(P.S: i don't do psychoanalysis but i love reading about themLOL)

Noorie u UNRESD first so special hug.
Thanks
Sexpot Goldie
Sexpot
Sexpot

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheShipWeirdo

res
Suha you absolutely have to unres I really want to know what you think

Edited by annboleyn - 24 December 2014 at 8:26am
Sexpot Goldie
Sexpot
Sexpot

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Firebolt

Did you just use citations Doc? Because that's just gold!!!

You've already explained it all so wonderfully what can i possibly add? Manik is so messed up that sometimes we don't even realise how much behind all his bravado. He craves attention, he wants to make every decision, he has problem with authority...  He lacks an anchor. Fab5 indulge him, they don't anchor him. It was quite intuitive of Nyonika today,to see that spark between MaNan. The invisible "cord" as Cabir puts it. Somehow he's more "Manik" with Nandini. And it shows. Nandini is his anchor.

I lau you for making this absolute delight of a post. Hug
Bolts my BAE . Too much kya citations? Adhi said same thing. But I couldn't quote without citations it would be plagiarism.
I really like Maniks character, I love him at a very cortical level. He intrigues me.
I love the he is more " Manik"  with Nandu my point eggjactly 
It's fabulous that you guys get what I'm trying to say. 
ihappy

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

myvoizBoxedInFirebolt

13thwish IF-Dazzler
13thwish
13thwish

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Doc!!! You and your post be such loveHug
Nandu functioning as Manik's ego.. the perfect analogy (Any science girl would be proud, Nandu included)

Res for now.. lots to say..

Sexpot

Firebolt IF-Rockerz
Firebolt
Firebolt

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 8:35am | IP Logged
I forgot to mention this but what an amazing title! Cupid/Psyche.. I don't know how many people got it... Cupid hides from Psyche afraid that she will not like him as he is but Psyche defends him against all and tells them that her lover could never be a monster... In the end they fight for their love and win... The fact that you drew that parallel... *bows*

Woman what are you doing to me? You've aimed your cupid's arrow at me. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sukshPooraiPaagolBoxedInnyxxshibz

N_Niya IF-Rockerz
N_Niya
N_Niya

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 8:39am | IP Logged
Doc..
love u & ur posts! keep rocking.. Hug

Sexpot

Sexpot Goldie
Sexpot
Sexpot

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Firebolt

I forgot to mention this but what an amazing title! Cupid/Psyche.. I don't know how many people got it... Cupid hides from Psyche afraid that she will not like him as he is but Psyche defends him against all and tells them that her lover could never be a monster... In the end they fight for their love and win... The fact that you drew that parallel... *bows*

Woman what are you doing to me? You've aimed your cupid's arrow at me. 

Bolty Cupid and psyche is my favourite story in mythology.
Thanks for explaining title. This story has been working on mind since she walked away. Was going to draw parallels between story and MaNan but I cantwrite fiction and gave up.
#proudofmygirld

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BoxedInFireboltEXOL

Go to top