India-Forums

Ek Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera
Ek Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera

Sikhs or hindus?

team_veeba Newbie
team_veeba
team_veeba

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Hello I'm new to the forum. Ive been watching veera since the poland track. I am caught up in the story but I have a doubt. Are the characters in veera Sikhs or hindus? They celebrate Diwali and navaratri but don't wear turbans so I thought they were hindus. But they go to gurudwara instead of mandir and they cover their heads when praying so I thought they could be sikhs. I am confused. So someone clear my doubt... are the characters in veera Sikhs or hindus? 
P.S - I am a Hindu so I honestly don't know much about sikh culture so please don't post any hateful comments :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

...-Riya-...

Mental_Manadhil IF-Stunnerz
Mental_Manadhil
Mental_Manadhil

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 7:19am | IP Logged
They are Sikhs only!
Sikhs do visit mandirs & worship Hindu Gods-Goddesses too.
And all Punjabis do not necessarily wear turbans.
It depends on the individual whether he wants to wear or not.
Sikhs are like hindus & celebrate all the festivals also.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

VishAna...-Riya-...wowmoon

Smiling_Star Newbie
Smiling_Star
Smiling_Star

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Haha, valid question but I am not sure.  Just to go from personal experience, I am Hindu Punjabi.  However, I go to the gurdwara and cover my head when praying there.  We also have gurdwara style prayers at home.  I also celebrate all the Hindu festivals.  So I'm not quite sure what the classification is.  I am comfortable in both mandirs and gurdwaras.
Nikki36 IF-Dazzler
Nikki36
Nikki36

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:24am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=_Momeant They are Sikhsisonly!
Sikhs do visit mandirs & worship Hindu Gods-Goddesses too.
And all Punjabis do not necessarily wear turbans.
It depends on the individual whether he wants to wear or not.
Sikhs are like hinducelebratrate all the festivals also.[/QUOTE]

I dont mean to be rude but sikhs dont wordhip hindu gods. The ethos of sikhism is that therebis only one god and we dont believe In idol worship. Respect for hindu culture from punjabis in India is differnt than saying sikhs are like hindus and celebrate all their festivals.

veera/ baldev etc are meant to be sikh in the programme but I dont think even the programme makers understand sikh religon because getting married In a gurudwara in front of the guru grath sahib is when a sikh marriage occurs. The mandir and walking around a fire thing is the hindu marriage.

The only sikh thing about veera Is the fact they have some punjabi names, wear a kara and occasionally show a gurudwara.

I have also never meant a sikh thats wears a manglesutre or wears sindoor. - maybe this is just an indian thing

again not meant to offend anyone but I do find it fumny that they are meant to be sikh

Edited by Nikki36 - 24 December 2014 at 9:27am

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index