Bigg Boss 8

Love and hate for contestants (Page 2)

07sid01 Goldie
07sid01
07sid01

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by barlin

Originally posted by 07sid01

I'm a psychology student, currently in my last year of uni. Ive been thinking over the past couple of days, why do we (especially us people on the forum) get so attached to the contestants even though we know we are never gonna meet them. I mean there are so many people attached to praising a contestant and so many that scrutinise a persons every move just so that they can find a fault to bash the contestants with (this applies to all contestants). I mean we waste so much time on this that we even forget that we have our own lives.We are here fighting amongst ourselves whilst they are over there getting money and probably gonna forget each other and reaping in the benefits of our bickering and fight to vote for the best, whilst we get babaji ka thullu at the end of it. They won't even know us or appreciate us for it or meet us in person.
Ive actually noticed this about myself and Im wondering, from a psychological point of view, why this is the way it is?

This post is for you general views not for bashing or praising fan groups and contestants, so please lets make this a clean discussion.

I agree, supporting someone, pointing out other's faults, trying to understand a contestant's view point, questioning someone's decisions, morals,...etc is fine---Part of entertainment and can help in personal growth if channelized properly( as we learn by observing and questioning). But attacking random strangers for other strangers, getting personal for stupid reasons is just idiotic in every sense.
Even while watching a movie or a scripted TV show, we subconsciously pick our favorite characters and root for them till the end. This show follows the same pattern, the whole"supporting/rooting" thing becomes a little hostile as this show is a "Reality show" and people involved are not characters/actors and unlike the other options this support, to some extent has the potential to change the path of the "Character/person" we are rooting for, hence the increased intensity and aggression.

You're probably right

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

barlin

MadOwhat IF-Sizzlerz
MadOwhat
MadOwhat

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --SH7_Sunny--

Seedhi baat no Bokwaas 
Its called timepass which ppl do. They come here to enjoy and read ppl views abt contestants that's it. LOL

I am myself not emotionally attached to any contestant bas I only like GG thats alll nothing personal I have with them. Its just like ppl here come and give their thoughts and views abt what they like and what they doesn't.

Ekdum Zhakkass!!
mmuntaha Senior Member
mmuntaha
mmuntaha

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 6:06am | IP Logged
I think when we chose a favourite, we think of him as us winning or losing...because that person is in competition, us viewers get into a competition too; trying to prove our point of views, changing our own point of view only cuzzz we want to prove that person is right and we are the only one supporting the right person...hence he/she should win.
TheWhiteHole Senior Member
TheWhiteHole
TheWhiteHole

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 6:10am | IP Logged
to fill the void inside this three germ layered body..there is a sense of longingness and emptiness inside everyone now a days..+the virtual world is more interesting than the real world..coz here we can say whatever we want to say man(literally)
and then we name it as timepass..but according to me its just to fill the emptiness...and then we get so much fun in arguing,analyzing etc that we become addicted to it..
these forums etc are there to fill the gap..to fill that emptiness..no matter how many friends or whatever we have..but deep down inside..we are empty..and thats what makes us spend sooo much time spending here..+curiosity+a sense of belonging as well...it for a second makes us forget what we are going through in real lives and makes us relieved for sometime

i hope iam making any sense :p
my pov completely

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-

ankusanu IF-Stunnerz
ankusanu
ankusanu

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 6:15am | IP Logged
Hu.an nature i guess...
We get attached to ppl we like...n
So we r here fr dem...

Go to top