India-Forums

Bigg Boss 8
Bigg Boss 8

Love and hate for contestants

07sid01 Goldie
07sid01
07sid01

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 4:31am | IP Logged
I'm a psychology student, currently in my last year of uni. Ive been thinking over the past couple of days, why do we (especially us people on the forum) get so attached to the contestants even though we know we are never gonna meet them. I mean there are so many people attached to praising a contestant and so many that scrutinise a persons every move just so that they can find a fault to bash the contestants with (this applies to all contestants). I mean we waste so much time on this that we even forget that we have our own lives.We are here fighting amongst ourselves whilst they are over there getting money and probably gonna forget each other and reaping in the benefits of our bickering and fight to vote for the best, whilst we get babaji ka thullu at the end of it. They won't even know us or appreciate us for it or meet us in person.
Ive actually noticed this about myself and Im wondering, from a psychological point of view, why this is the way it is?

This post is for you general views not for bashing or praising fan groups and contestants, so please lets make this a clean discussion.

Edited by 07sid01 - 24 December 2014 at 4:33am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

SarhiIF-Readerbarlin-.Merit.-vitriolicLove-u-all

07sid01 Goldie
07sid01
07sid01

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 4:36am | IP Logged
Please someone reply
IF-Reader Senior Member
IF-Reader
IF-Reader

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 4:43am | IP Logged
its human nature i guess.. We get feeling for that specific one person or one team, same like in football f.ex.. People from Asia, America are supporting European teams, even tho they get nothing from supporting them.. like they earn millions each week, we get nothing right, but there is a joy when your teams win, or a anger when they lose, no? thats the reason, afterward you get emotional attached to it, and can do anything to support it.. :) same goes here..

I, myself wouldn't care if i have exam tomorrow, would still watch my fav team playing day before  :)

Edited by IF-Reader - 24 December 2014 at 4:46am
07sid01 Goldie
07sid01
07sid01

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IF-Reader

its human nature i guess.. We get feeling for that specific one person or one team, same like in football f.ex.. People from Asia, America are supporting European teams, even tho they get nothing from supporting them.. but there is a joy when your teams win, no? thats the reason :)

Yeh, but why do we get joy from it? Its so confusing
IF-Reader Senior Member
IF-Reader
IF-Reader

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 4:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 07sid01

Originally posted by IF-Reader

its human nature i guess.. We get feeling for that specific one person or one team, same like in football f.ex.. People from Asia, America are supporting European teams, even tho they get nothing from supporting them.. but there is a joy when your teams win, no? thats the reason :)

Yeh, but why do we get joy from it? Its so confusing

lol i am not psychology student dear :P i am engineering student. 

but as i said we get emotional attached to it afterwards..in start its like ok, its just a sport, but when you have supported them a while, they become a part of you.. and ofc you get joy/hurt if you win or lose something.. its confusing true, thats how human get attached to different things.. someone might like one actor other might like other.. like when you make friends, you get joy being with them, just in that way these actors, teams become part of your life, part of you, like your friends, even tho you get nothing from supporting them.. but joy/hurt will be same like you get from being friend with someone

Edited by IF-Reader - 24 December 2014 at 4:50am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-vibhusharma78

_Khaleesi_ IF-Rockerz
_Khaleesi_
_Khaleesi_

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Timepass aur kuch nahi LOL

I used to like Anti gg & pro gg group fights in forum Wink but then it was getting boring
then upen started his psycho behavior and forum was flooded with upen praising bashing posts
Bahut maza aaya but this week again back to GG Dead

I am not emotionally attached to any contestant
I like gg and i dislike others
Love & hate jaisa kuch nahi h LOL

Edited by melodrama - 24 December 2014 at 4:51am
barlin Senior Member
barlin
barlin

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 07sid01

I'm a psychology student, currently in my last year of uni. Ive been thinking over the past couple of days, why do we (especially us people on the forum) get so attached to the contestants even though we know we are never gonna meet them. I mean there are so many people attached to praising a contestant and so many that scrutinise a persons every move just so that they can find a fault to bash the contestants with (this applies to all contestants). I mean we waste so much time on this that we even forget that we have our own lives.We are here fighting amongst ourselves whilst they are over there getting money and probably gonna forget each other and reaping in the benefits of our bickering and fight to vote for the best, whilst we get babaji ka thullu at the end of it. They won't even know us or appreciate us for it or meet us in person.
Ive actually noticed this about myself and Im wondering, from a psychological point of view, why this is the way it is?

This post is for you general views not for bashing or praising fan groups and contestants, so please lets make this a clean discussion.

I agree, supporting someone, pointing out other's faults, trying to understand a contestant's view point, questioning someone's decisions, morals,...etc is fine---Part of entertainment and can help in personal growth if channelized properly( as we learn by observing and questioning). But attacking random strangers for other strangers, getting personal for stupid reasons is just idiotic in every sense.
Even while watching a movie or a scripted TV show, we subconsciously pick our favorite characters and root for them till the end. This show follows the same pattern, the whole"supporting/rooting" thing becomes a little hostile as this show is a "Reality show" and people involved are not characters/actors and unlike the other options this support, to some extent has the potential to change the path of the "Character/person" we are rooting for, hence the increased intensity and aggression.

--SH7_Sunny-- IF-Achieverz
--SH7_Sunny--
--SH7_Sunny--

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Seedhi baat no Bokwaas 
Its called timepass which ppl do. They come here to enjoy and read ppl views abt contestants that's it. LOL

I am myself not emotionally attached to any contestant bas I only like GG thats alll nothing personal I have with them. Its just like ppl here come and give their thoughts and views abt what they like and what they doesn't.

Go to top