India-Forums

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

What's the big deal ? (Page 2)

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Well, Aarti she does cook for Jetha all the time but here the question is not about food but its about responsibility. She can't make it today is not a big deal, the big deal is that she didn't call him and when he did she didn't explain her case properly. 
Problem with Daya is that she always keeps her Mahila Mandal or Sundar veera ahead of Jetha and her family. It was not really a necessity for Daya to stay there when the girl was herself choosing every saree. How many times Anjali have refused to do something or go somewhere with her society friends ? She always refuse to eat any chat with them.She refused to come to Hong Kong or Ahmedabad because of her personal commitments. Daya seemingly has no idea about this. 

A home maker is not a voluntary job. Aaj kiya kiya kal nahi kiya kiya. It is as much a responsibility as any other profession. Upon her words he has invited a guest. In Indian culture a host should serve home made food instead of ordering food from a hotel. Also the invitee was specifically told that it was a Kathiyawadi special today. I think its fine from Jetha and co point of view.

But never mind Bapuji will cook and will make others cook also or all the mahila mandal will cook. Daya can do no wrong anyways. 

Another useless track .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

obsessiveperson

Aarti_16 IF-Dazzler
Aarti_16
Aarti_16

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Debby, I agree and wrote in my post that Daya was at fault. She could have explained the situation to Jetha over the phone. To be fair to her, she did plan to come home in time to cook. She didn't plan to remain out after taking up responsibility of feeding Jetha. If I remeber the episode correctly she did know Mehta was invited. It was just Jethalal's feast because anyways babuji eats in limits.
 But her fault was to remain in the shop when she realized that she was getting late. I don't want to compare Anjali and Daya here. Because Daya is ever ready to help everyone. Maybe that gives a boost to her ego these days whenever anyone asks for her help. But that's a different topic.

Coming back to this topic, I don't think she keeps mahila mandal ahead of her family. Sunder, yes but then he is also her family. She has some moments of fun with them, otherwise all day she is just preparing breakfast, lunch, dinner. Itna to she deserves.

My point was Daya didn't plan this purposely. Things went out of her hand. She could have controlled the situation, but she didn't. But then even this can be excused. It was not a fatal situation. Sometimes you plan something and something else happens, what to do in such a case ? You try to find a way which is best for everyone. 

If that was the intention of this track, I am all for it. But why put making a dinner for family the theme, make some another theme, actually that has been the core of jethalal's character. That he plans something and something else happens. If one day she misses cooking and feeding her family, does that mean she is not responsible wife or bahu or mom? It is not just Daya's character here but all women in general.

Debby, please understand my intention here is just to discuss what is shown in serial. My intention is not to offend you or anyone. If I hurt anyone, my apologies Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

terenaam_ahmobsessiveperson

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 1:35am | IP Logged
 I have too many points to discuss. Lets divide them first.

A) Daya keeps Mahila mandal and others before Jetha ( if not family)

I stand to this point. We have seen this before. Examine these incidents.

1. Shouting from the balcony : Why can't a few facts and stories remain between husband and wife only. She has been told thousand times not to do. She is a habitual offender in this case.

2. Kerry track: She doubts husband okay but why should that be made a news ?

3. Anjali's interference: Why does she allow Anjali interfere in her marital affairs ?

4. Computer track: Madhavi said Jetha wanted commission and therefore she accused her husband openly ?

5.Roti maker track: Why does she need to poke her nose there ? They will or they will not buy should have been Jetha's jurisidicttion only.

6. Chaniya choli track: While Jetha is puzzled she ws serving food to these people at midnight and what worse she choose his shop to sell those chaniya cholis to help her brother. Pati gaya khadde me.

7. Send Jetha to help sundar: In a hotel of course where Sundar had come to attend his friend's marriage. Without a thought that it was 2 AM she sends him there. Why can't ladla bhai wait till the morning ?

And then there are thousand of such instances

B) Is Daya a good mother ? : I don't question her best wife title because her husband is no good anyways but I wonder what are the qualities of a good mother. If it means serving food to her children and loving them then she is indeed a good mother. However, planning his marriage, ignoring all complaints against him, not explaining him that he doesn't need a mobile now are qualtiies of a good mother ?

I have always asked what makes her an Adarsh Bharitya Nari ? Her culinary skills ? That's what the women of India are suppose to do in their life?

C) Is she responsible ?: With reference to this track as you say the situation was beyond her control . Yes it was but how many times will similar situation arise in her life. Lets count them

1. CID track. Food served to the wrong people

2. Aamras track: Food could not be sent because of the rotten mangoes. No news was sent. No other alternative was sent either

3. Bappa's murti track. She was caught in the shop and she didn't sent any information at home. Again, guests were invited. 

ANd small instances are always there where Jetha doesn't get what he wants.

This situation, Aarti ,was not really an out of hand situation. Can we call her immature if not irresponsible ? She should have only called him to say the plan has been cancelled and can he order some food instead. Yes, he would have been disappointed but the situation would have been in control. 

No one is taking her Annapurna title  but we all have our own standards. When one achieves excellence in something then being mere good automatically becomes a matter of criticism. Upon the Homemaker's skills rests the prosperity of every family. neither can we take her for granted nor can she play around with her responsibility. Unfortunately this is the fact. Its not about cooking food at time only.It includes everything a homemaker does in her day to day schedule. Can you say Daya is a responsible woman in totality ?

The problem is actually the maker's confusion about what exactly is her character. One cannot be wise and stupid at the same time. One cannot be an expert and an amateur at the same time. 

At times we need to choose between two things. That reminds of a poem called ,'The Road not taken' by Robert Frost.We cannot have the cake and eat it too. Both the makers and Daya needs to learn this. 

Edited by dey.bh - 25 December 2014 at 1:39am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

obsessiveperson

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 2:47am | IP Logged
Mujeh Daya ke character se koi problem nahi hai. Mujeh pata hai ki ye ek comedy show hai. Daya ke antics hume hasane ke liye hote hia.
Mujhe problem hai consistency se.

Aaj Mahan

Kal Toofan

Ek baat par ruko to sahi. Aaj use angrezi nahi aati kal wo memsaab banke restaurant me pahuch jati hai. Aaj wo Annapurna hai to kal uske pati ko bhookhe sona padta hai.

Aaj wo adarsh grihini hai kal wo pati ka lakho ka nuksaan haste haste kar deti hai.

Mujeh aitraaz hai to aise aade tede harkato ko adarsh dikhane par.

Mujhe aitraaz hai to galti ko mahan banane par.

Har baat par Jetha ko daant padti hai . Kabhi to Daya ko daanto. Barabari sirf baaton me kyu ho. Barabar haq hai to barabar jimmedari bhi to ho. Ye aurtein sirf kaand karti hai. Saath milkar koi chota mota vyapar kyu nahi karti ?

Go to top