Article:Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan: the times of struggles

Posted: 9 years ago

Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan: the times of struggles

Posted by Sushma Shrestha On December 24, 2014

KYY

MTV's popular youth based show Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan is going on a high note about the youth aspirations, struggles to achieve ambitions and significance of strong determination and friendship all the way on the regard. Pleasantly, the show at present is at its motivational best for the youngsters that follow the show on a regular basis and are crazy to explore more of it. Here is Just Showbiz, presenting you all, an exclusive review of the ongoing track of the show. Without further ado, let'sget into the current highlights of the show.

Starting with the good points, the obvious best part of the ongoing track is, the portrayal of inevitable and enthusiastic connect of youth with aspiration. "Music is my life" the dedication of Fab 5 lead Manik Malhotra (Parth Samthaan) is showcased in the show as strong and appealing as it deserves. As the add up factor, the rest of the Fab 5 members' zest to grab the big opportunity to reach somewhere in the music field and support to Manik's determination of performing  despite him being unable to perform with fractured hand is truly commendable. One can experience the "real" bond of a heartwarming friendship built amongst the five friends which is just fabulous just like the name of their music band- Fab 5.

5 friends

As much as the story is about the friendship and music band, we can't let the individual stories of the leads heading parallel to the mainstream story go unnoticed. Hence, the second noteworthy point to be mentioned about Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan is that the show has numerous parallel tracks moving on precisely, which enhances the quality of the script writing and makes it all the more rich content bearing.

Thirdly, the highlight of the show is performances by the actors. Lead actor Parth Samthaan stands out as the heady, arrogant, young and confused Manik Malhotra out shining rest of the cast. His performance is truly entertaining and keeps us glued at the screens while he is in there. Kishwar Merchant carries the role of Nyonica Malhotra, Manik's mother- a grey shaded, ambitious and shrewd lady, with natural ease so much like her other television roles so far. Another special mention goes to Ayaz Ahemad for playing Cabir, a gay member of Fab 5 and Abhisek Malik who plays the role of Harshad, despicable baddie of the story. Both the actors have been doing their roles justifiably well. The other three Fab 5 mates are just fine while Vheeba Anand and rest supporting cast are just about fit in their roles, given the lesser scopes to them.

Now moving on with the weaker aspects, performance wise lead actress Niti Taylor, as Nandini, is not that well convincing or say doesn't go down well at par with the other major leads. Undoubtedly, she has improved than the initial days, still it feels she needs more grooming, appropriate voice modulation, dialogue clarity and rather better set of emotive expressions. Chemistry shared by her and Parth is one of the good ones of current times, for which rather the abundant number of physical romantic scenes and underneath script lines with respect to such scenes should be better counted for than Niti's romance enactment. Many a times, her expressions make the scenes look a bit forced and uncomfortable.

Kiss

Secondly, on the love story part the "seperation" or "tiff" or "confusion" betweenNandini and Manik has started appearing over stretched or somewhat dragged. An exceptional factor is surely missing in the tale of their love as the writers seem to have given to the cliche of usual love-hate confusion sorta drama. Moreover, indulging a friend to make the lead hero come out to the relationship dilemma makes it even more cliched.

Not to forget here, the new entry in Manik and Nandini's life, supposedly the next third angle in their love, fails to make a significant mark. On a side note, she can be the "matter of distress" as usual for fans of the show.

In the meantime, the show initially advertised as an adaptation of famous Japanese/Korean drama series "Boys Over Flowers" is quite distinct in story line and execution than the original show, except for its base story set up. However, if you are an ardent Korean shows follower and have gone through many of the Korean musical love stories (given that there is overwhelming Korean wave of such love dramas throughout Asian countries), from the past decade, you will find a lot of similar lines from such shows in Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan. In short, the creative of Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan seem much inspired by Korean wave; which can be taken as not-so-good-point for the show's upcoming development. However, if parallel stories are to be stringed meticulously and in enunciating way, such inspiration can't be taken as a harmful factor to the story. Coming to the technical execution of the show, execution of Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan is not at a never seen before level, rather, it lacks the extravagant show or exquisite scenery as spoken in the script. Well! We can say, we have seen better shot- sequences and technical execution in other shows beforehand.

To conclude, the ongoing track on Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan is somewhat conventional, above average and convenient storytelling, which in turn holds a promise of better development in coming days. Filled with some finest performances of small screen, side by side unearthing of the motivational story of an ordinary music band's quest for stardom and also several relational strings hanging to be tied properly, it is definitely the times for struggles in(for) Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan. Nonetheless, a good entertainer that can provide a light-hearted fun as well as young vibes, we suggest you to list Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan in your "to watch" TV series list, if you are not already following it.

I think niti is doing a fab job. Its very harsh. But criticism should be accepted positively as it will push you to greater heights.
Such BS journalism. 
If we're really talking about "criticism" then how come no mention about Parth's absolute lack in delivering a full sentence? I would give credit to the article if it was actually not meant to degrade the actress. 

Wait Abhishake got special mention? 🤣

And BTW I love both Parth and Niti, equally. 

Edited by Firebolt - 9 years ago
Hain??
Baki sab toh theek h
But Weak aspect is Niti Taylor??😆
Yaar Who is the writer of this article??
I want to meet that person
Even Abhishek is mentioned in strong aspects.😆
WOW
Niti and parth are d backbone of d show
A Parth Pankha it seems ðŸ¤£

Abhishek doing better than Veebha or ANYONE!! ðŸ¤£

Niti as Nandini a weaker point ðŸ¤£

Niti not doing as good as other three members -- Including Uttu -- Kill me!🤣

Ayaz and Abhishek mentioned in the same line and applauded for their acting skills equally -- Kill Me a thousand Times!🤣
You know What...When It comes to acting naa...Each and everyone of them lacks somewhere including Parth.  If I have to select the best from lot then It would be Ayaz any-day.
And Abhishek...Strong aspect?? Words hi nhi h mere paas.😆
Originally posted by Firebolt

Such BS journalism. 
If we're really talking about "criticism" then how come no mention about Parth's absolute lack in delivering a full sentence? I would give credit to the article if it was actually not meant to degrade the actress. 

Wait Abhishake got special mention? 🤣

And BTW I love both Parth and Niti, equally. 

Bolty, What be this f**kery -- Shoot me.NOW! ðŸ¤£

Abhishek gets special mention, that too with Ayaz while Niti isn't doing even as good as Utkarsh or Charlie or Krissan?
I be giving you the gun to shoot me.
I want to know how many people would watch this show for the amazing performances if the Nan part of MaNan wasn't played by the Ni part of PaNi
🤣

Originally posted by danceismyworld

Hain??
Baki sab toh theek h
But Weak aspect is Niti Taylor??😆
Yaar Who is the writer of this article??
I want to meet that person
Even Abhishek is mentioned in strong aspects.😆
WOW

Not to hug the person definitely right? What will you do?😆

I love Parth, he is fabulous but not the perfection this Pankha be gushing about. 

My AT Baes could write a better unbiased article than this BS.