India-Forums

Humsafars
Humsafars

Main hoon ek angel, devil mera yaar

pp29 Senior Member
pp29
pp29

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
What an apt line for the story in Humsafars and at the cliff that the leads are at! 

Today's episode was a game changer in the show. In one swift move, the hero who until now was simply seen as a begrudged, serious, and pessimistic man, who had hardened his heart due to an unknown but unfortunate past, has suddenly turned into a dark, ruthless and cruel anti-hero. I won't go into how amazing that transformation was nor on HC as an actor, because countless posts have done more than justice to it. And I also agree with all of you here, who said that it is one of the groundbreaking characterizations of a male lead so far. In all of Gul's shows, her male leads suffer some kind of past or incident that makes them serious, brooding, and hardened men. But none have taken the leap into the abyss of absolute cruelty or darkness, where life and death become a game. 

Don't know how many watch Qubool Hai, which was my only Gul Khan show before Humsafars. Haven't seen IPKKND or Geet. But, in QH, first Asad, was the serious lead, but he has always been the savior for Zoya and then she brought him around from his dark patch. Ahil, has shades of being a bad boy, who has had multiple gf's ( much like Zaki) and in the beginning it was hard to imagine a playboy male lead with a simple and righteous female lead, but she did a complete turn around on Ahil too and redeemed his character completely. 

Now, with Sahir, it is a step up from Ahil, and he will need a bigger justification and redemption for his character. I hope that his story with Zeenat completely justifies his ruthlessness that she showed today in achieving his goal for this company. And, besides that, I hope there is a very very strong redemption track for him where he has to literally earn back not only Arzoo's love, but her trust too, and convincingly. 

I am very excited for this twist around. All I hope is, like QH, Gul doesn't butcher the story further by making Zaki the hero and/or a Zaki-Arzoo track which somehow is Gul's fixation with brothers and same girl. 

This is Arzoo and Sahir's story and it should be their characters that should grow and their love to evolve through Arzoo's broken heart and trust and Sahir's dark past. Cannot wait to watch what's in store, but it just better be convincing and justifiable. 

Loving Sahir! And from being the naive, head over heels in love Arzoo, I am waiting to see her turnaround of being broken, and cold towards Sahir after his betrayal is revealed. Everyone has an angel and devil inside of them, and what part they choose to play depends on their situations in life and what tragedies or victories shape their life. For someone to go deep down the road of calculative cruel, there has to be something equally vindictive to have happened to them in the past. And he chose to the devil over the angel inside of him. Hence, Sahir's past needs a very strong justification for this side of him. Arzoo has had a difficult childhood but she has chosen to be an angel. However, Sahir's betrayal may be that moment in life that she is forced to turn cold. Right now, she is his angel who brings out the good in him, and he is her devil who will give her the first jolt into the real world and heartbreak and help her evolve. 

Edited by pp29 - 24 December 2014 at 12:05am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

lindt1robinsameeploydomeAudrey.h.grumpydwarfsilky_harshadEcrivain.

Ecrivain. IF-Sizzlerz
Ecrivain.
Ecrivain.

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:41am | IP Logged

Apt post n a very apt title 

I know where your coming from n have seen most ..wait scratch tht ..ALL The shows of the PH including the ones u haven't but since u have seen QH ...I will agree to wht u have written ...the PH NEEDS to redeem sahir ...n I will happily take anything they show as long as they don't butcher SAC ..period 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pp29

pp29 Senior Member
pp29
pp29

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ecrivain

Apt post n a very apt title 

I know where your coming from n have seen most ..wait scratch tht ..ALL The shows of the PH including the ones u haven't but since u have seen QH ...I will agree to wht u have written ...the PH NEEDS to redeem sahir ...n I will happily take anything they show as long as they don't butcher SAC ..period 

Thanks ecrivain for your reply! :) My only ever concern with Gul is that, sometimes she loses the plot herself and goes off in a tangent leaving the leads and their love story in a mess by creating triangles and deconstructing them to such an extent that redemption also makes it unpalatable. Like the QH triangles in both seasons. 

I do think, that if Gul plays it well, she can really push the envelope on Sahir, that no other male lead of hers has done before. 

The only thing I want for this monstrous manipulation by Sahir and the ruthless way he behaved with Arzoo, her life and her heart today, has to have a very very strong justification in his story with Zeenat. I don't even know what can justify his act today, but sometimes some people have seen such ghastly and evil things in their lives, it alters them from inside and a whole layer of heart goes cold. A lot of criminals usually have the most chilling stories of childhood that have mentally changed them to an extent where they can't distinguish between good and bad, and the whole idea of trust and love is buried so deep that it takes years to bring it back into their lives. Hence making them almost oblivious of the effects of their crime.

Sahir, is by no means a criminal, but the calculative cruel intentions, the manipulation of trust and love, the vindictiveness of his whole plan is very suggestive of how much the past 7 years have hardened his heart and soul. Not to mention, he hasn;t shared his pain with anyone in these 7 years. 

So, I am very sure, there is a lot of scope to redeem Sahir by giving an insight into Zeenat and his story and to make it as heartbreaking, as chilling as possible so as to justify his stone-coldness in today's episode. The brilliance in his portrayal today is, that even though he is unabashedly doing this to Arzoo, he hasn't gone that deep into the abyss of evil to not realize that he is wrong, and to not FEEL the weight of his actions. He does it all, but even realizes every moment the weight of his actions. There lies the beauty of his character, where he is in between these two worlds of good and bad, and now it's time to understand why his bad has emerged in the first place and his love for Arzoo to bring out the good again that Zeenat buried. 

Most awaited twist I am looking forward to. ! 

Ecrivain.

Ecrivain. IF-Sizzlerz
Ecrivain.
Ecrivain.

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:51am | IP Logged

@pp29 lol talk abt The flaws n it will be night in this part of the world from day LOL
The Show before QH had NO redemption n SAC is an angel as against to the guy 's hurting the FL track was Confused?.it left so many heartbroken ..n not to mention the past story was an empty can LOL

Ah the love traingle seems to be her fave now ..QH n HS n both are high on it .l.but I really want to see wht have they planned to show 

So yes let's wait n watch 

pp29

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top