Humsafars
Humsafars

Agonizing over Humsafars!

allforlove Senior Member
allforlove
allforlove

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Hello and a big hug to all the lovely people out there Hug
I have been in and out of this forum innumerable times since Humsafars started. Many a times, I have wanted to make a post but the talented writers always echo my thoughts before I can put them down Smile I love you all for the great write-ups! 

However, yesterday's episode stunned me to the end that here I am making my first ever post about a Hindi soap (still can't believe I am doing it, but I am Tongue

Before I begin, let me tell you this is not going to be about HC  - after all, there are only so many adjectives in the English language and they have been exhausted by now praising him and really words can no longer do justice to his portrayal of Sahir - so I will let it be...

My reason for writing is I badly need to vent it out and I need some reassurance Ouch

So, what I am going on dwell on here are three things that I have been agonizing over since yesterday:

1. The writers have now pushed Sahir to the farthest realms of devilry and the story is getting darker and darker (I don't see any comic relief coming our way; even if it does, the shadow of the evil will loom large over it preventing us from enjoying it). The big question now is, is the Indian TRP audience mature enough to accept this - a male lead who almost seems like the devil incarnate? Are they patient enough to wait for the redemption track? Are they bold enough to go through this saga of immense pain and torment? In a normal situation, I wouldn't give a damn about others as I enjoy my show and the people here do too I know - whether we love Saaz or hate them, we are there with them - but unfortunately, we are the minority. The dwindling TRPs tell a different story that kind of sickens me to think how the pathetic saas-bahu stuff is reigning the Indian television these days Cry. What is in store for us then? How long do we get to enjoy such a breathtaking show? I really don't know...

2. And if the juntaa is not meharbaan, will Sony realize that what they are doing here is path-breaking? Never ever has the small screen seen such riveting characterizations, emotions, and screenplay. I wouldn't mind if people think I am crazy but I do believe SAC is a masterpiece - an irresistible blend of the devil and the angel in equal proportions (the latter has to be strengthened no doubt) but I want to applaud the PH for conceiving him and having the courage to show this on tv ClapClap Well, I hope Sony understands that even if the show does not cater to the "sensibilities" of the larger masses (read saas-bahu Dead), it does appeal to many others like us across the world who I would like to believe have the maturity and taste to appreciate such performances and characters (despite their flaws). Television should promote creative freedom, imagination and out of the box thinking - it would be such a pity if that is compromised for the sake of TRPs Angry 

3. My final point is this - Sahir has been completely evil-zed yesterday - which makes it necessary for the writers to redeem him with equal strength. I wonder whether they have a good enough reason to prove later that what he did yesterday was not unexpected. What would they reveal as the motivation - I for one would not take it if they show Zeenat was going around with another guy or mocked Sahir once about his business acumen that made him to sell his soul - NO! His wife's having an extramarital affair or teasing him does not justify his deeds. I was okay with him burning the factory too but how can he play with the life of the one he loves so dearly? They better give a STRONG reason behind this, or it will turn out to be a damp squib Confused - beginning with a bang and ending with a whimper..no, I would not like that. Also, at some point, Arzoo would have to forgive Sahir for his monstrosity - as their relationship would not survive nor would they be together if she does not. However, this cannot come anytime soon considering the extent to which they have pushed Sahir. Where would they draw the line now for Arzoo to forgive him - do they have the air time and TRPs for that (sadly again Cry) Though Sony has said it is not going off air, I wonder if the numbers don't rise (for whosoever's fault), how long will they run a show that doesn't get them the monetary rewards in the end?

So, for those who have survived my post, thank you for reading and if you have any reassurances or past experience of 4Lions shows (of which I have only seen QH in bits and pieces, could not sustain my interest in IPKKND beyond a few episodes - don't hate me for that!), I would welcome that.

I did not intend my first post to be dismal or this lengthy - but here it is, and now that I have vented it, I am feeling better Big smile though still dead worried about the fate of HS Confused

PS: Though I had vowed not to speak of HC or how I love Sahir - but I think that is impossible Big smile I JUST LOVE THIS SHOW AND I WISH IT GOES ON AND ON WITH THE SAME MOMENTUM AND INTENSITY! IT IS THE BEST PART OF MY BUSY DAY Big smile

Thanks again to those who have read this far...love you all...

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

robinsameecute20ashupanda123Harshad4ever505pp29VJDIPAJosupradinki24rosal_awesomefeministShilpi77IlinUzma005Junoonianfarzy2910Bujee09tweetie19premeeristryGurmeet4Drashtiashi_maniaEcrivain.-vandy-

feminist Senior Member
feminist
feminist

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
HELLLOOO!!!! An a big welcome to this Forum its a beautiful place to share your thoughts hahaha everyone here is a big family.
Just try not getting addicted because I surely am. hahaha

anyway whatever you said are true and honestly I don't care about the trp audience anymore I think if Sony constantly adds repeats people will automatically fall in love with this show. Big smileBig smileBig smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

robinsameerosal_awesomeUzma005Bujee09rs.shailu29

rosal_awesome Senior Member
rosal_awesome
rosal_awesome

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
hello, welcome to the forum dear Embarrassed 
the same issues that have been plaguing your mind have been torturing us as well... i for one would be disappointed if HS is to be cut midway and for that, everything will be finished up in a hurry. it wouldn't give such a show the time to reach it's fullest potential, and it would be such a waste of talent- not only of the actors like HC, SP and sehbaan but also the writers who have dared to come up with such a thrilling plot. as for sahir, i agree he needs to have a very strong backstory to justify his very dark actions at the moment. great first post!! Wink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

robinsameeUzma005Bujee09

allforlove Senior Member
allforlove
allforlove

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by feminist

HELLLOOO!!!! An a big welcome to this Forum its a beautiful place to share your thoughts hahaha everyone here is a big family.
Just try not getting addicted because I surely am. hahaha

anyway whatever you said are true and honestly I don't care about the trp audience anymore I think if Sony constantly adds repeats people will automatically fall in love with this show. Big smileBig smileBig smile

Thanks soo much for the welcome Smile but your warning is a little too late as I am already addicted LOL And I love your posts!!

As for Sony running repeats, I do not see any signs of that. I do not bother about the TRP audience too but I just cannot forget those dreary numbers this time - unfortunately, we are at their mercy unless the channel and the PH do something about this. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best Thumbs Up

feministUzma005Bujee09

allforlove Senior Member
allforlove
allforlove

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rosal_awesome

the same issues that have been plaguing your mind have been torturing us as well... i for one would be disappointed if HS is to be cut midway and for that, everything will be finished up in a hurry. it wouldn't give such a show the time to reach it's fullest potential, and it would be such a waste of talent- not only of the actors like HC, SP and sehbaan but also the writers who have dared to come up with such a thrilling plot. as for sahir, i agree he needs to have a very strong backstory to justify his very dark actions at the moment. great first post!! Wink

Thanks so much and yeah that is my fear too...I hope they give it time to run its full course without putting any restrictions on the CVs about the story line...I think they would do better if they do not have to constantly think of gaining popularity with the masses! Let originality prevail Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Uzma005Bujee09

allforlove Senior Member
allforlove
allforlove

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rosal_awesome

Ecrivain. IF-Rockerz
Ecrivain.
Ecrivain.

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:38am | IP Logged

Hello there n welcome to The forum ...btw your not the only one whose crazy talking abt a Hindi daily soap ...it's a secret guilty pleasure for many Big smile?.so vent n rant away LOL

I do agree with u that HS has some fantastic stuff to it including SAC whose master class n shrewd n a character done in detail n very well written ...Clap..n yes HC makes him so endearing n watchable ...

The PH as in the makers do know the knack of GOOD story telling coupled with Awesome Romance n brilliant character set ...yes they do have their lows but the highs makes their product lovable n watchable LOL

Enjoy urself n have fun Embarrassed

feministUzma005Bujee09

pp29 Senior Member
pp29
pp29

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:40am | IP Logged
Really like your post! :) 

I do think, that if Gul plays it well, she can really push the envelope on Sahir, that no other male lead of hers has done before. 

The only thing I want for this monstrous manipulation by Sahir and the ruthless way he behaved with Arzoo, her life and her heart today, has to have a very very strong justification in his story with Zeenat. I don't even know what can justify his act today, but sometimes some people have seen such ghastly and evil things in their lives, it alters them from inside and a whole layer of heart goes cold. A lot of criminals usually have the most chilling stories of childhood that have mentally changed them to an extent where they can't distinguish between good and bad, and the whole idea of trust and love is buried so deep that it takes years to bring it back into their lives. 

Sahir, is by no means a criminal, but the calculative cruel intentions, the manipulation of trust and love, the vindictiveness of his whole plan is very suggestive of how much the past 7 years have hardened his heart and soul. Not to mention, he hasn;t shared his pain with anyone in these 7 years. 

So, I am very sure, there is a lot of scope to redeem Sahir by giving an insight into Zeenat and his story and to make it as heartbreaking, as chilling as possible so as to justify his stone-coldness in today's episode. The brilliance in his portrayal today is, that even though he is unabashedly doing this to Arzoo, he hasn't gone that deep into the abyss of evil to not realize that he is wrong, and to not FEEL the weight of his actions. There lies the beauty of his character, where he in between these two worlds of good and bad, and now it's time to understand why his bad has emerged in the first placeand his love for Arzoo to bring out the good again that Zeenat buried. 

Most awaited twist I am looking forward to. ! 

feministBujee09-vandy-

Go to top