Gaurav's death - Crime or Mistake - Society's take

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
In yes epi the most important take was the way Seema Mausi spoke to Aakash with scant regard to his feelings.
Actually I felt it was a mirror to society. How the society punishes an individual for not fault of his. I mean we understand what happened to Gaurav was beyond Aakash's control.
He had tried to help, but couldn't help and he himself is carrying a huge guilt conscious inside him. He is living but has no life.
That trauma is tearing him from inside. Then comes these harsh words from this woman that the fact he is alive is a punishment to Shikha Maa.

If fed up , not able to face anyone if Aakash commits suicide tomorrow will Seema Mausi be happy. Will Shikha Maa be happy. Aakash is taking care of Shika Maa they way Gaurav should be taking care of her. He is filling those shoes and is doing is duty as her own son. Cant Seema Mausi feel it.

Is forgiveness such a big thing. Is allowing a young man to have a second chance in life not possible. Only if the bud is nipped we as a society feel happy. Ok he deserved it because he did it.

Exactly what did he do. He didn't do anything. He is not a criminal. But day in day out emotionally blackmailing him, sucking the life out of him what good thing we are doing to the society.

But alas people like Seema Maasi are more, who wish to see only the bad things, who does not believe in goodness and their presence spreads more negativity around.

Hope Aakash comes out of the trauma in this Everest trip and is able to stand in front of people like Seema Maasi on his own merit.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clary thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice post...shruthiravi...
Until people like seema mausi dont take a step into positivity...the guilty will be dying from inside getting neglected so much even after they repent for their
If they change their thought...the people with 1 mistake can get a second chanc in life

I have seen u in EHT FORUM...nice to see u here...once again wonderful post
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Naina hope I can call you that. I don't remember you in EHT forum. Were you a silent member. Anyways nice to see you here. After EHT Everest is the one in which I have interest because of AG. And so far each character is developed beautifully with past stories in Everest.
Also I am liking the realistic take on various aspects of society in the show
-Serene.Rose- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
great post! completely support ur views!! 

I guess its the perspective, virtue of ppl.. we have seen contrasting personalities here.. seema.. she's lost gaurav... yet she's blaming Aakash, knowing well that Aakash was at no fault!

and Shika Maa.. she too has lost Gaurav, but she's sensible kind hearted.. and she truly loves Aakash, that's why their bond stood unaffected after the accident!
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Priyam yes it is the perspective. But if people go on nagging a person like Aakash he can lose confidence and he will end up a zero in life.
Already it had taken a lot from him to take this assignment and come this far. Because of blame he received he had shut himself up from outside world. If not for Shika Maa's health and his parents house he wouldn't have even taken this. That much the guy is already affected by his best friend's death and people like Seema Maasi keeps on harping on it again and again.
ChalJhoothi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice post & completly agree with you.
Feeling sad for Aksash 
Dexterity thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I totally agree with you dear...
Great post...

I can understand, the pain Aakaash feels by such words...poor guy is already feeling himself at fault for Gaurav's death...he is not able to come out of that guilt...

This quote is for his feelings...😭

"Sometimes I just want to paint the words "It's my fault" across my forehead to save people the time of being pissed off at me." 
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 Shruti: Very valid point. Have you ever been through the play called ' Justice' by John Galsworthy? It deals with the same question. The man Falder commits suicide because one crime done in past was never forgiven even after he was legally punished by the law. Tired of being punished over and over again he commits suicide. The play in fact asks the same question. Why forgiveness is not an option ?
Akash is not a criminal but if Akash commits suicide Seema mausi will become a criminal.

Why is forgiveness such a big thing when the mother herself has accepted that it was just an accident ? Does she realise she infact is punishing her own sister by reminding her the unfortunate incident over and over again ?

This man paid all  the expenses while Shikha ji was not well. Where was this behen jaisi nahi balki behen ? She needs to be told in her face that your viewpoint is not important. How I wished Shikha maa said that thing to her

From society's point of view blaming is a very easy and reliable technique to get over any loss. Price hike? Blame the Govt. Bad roads ? Blame the Municipality. Bad results ? Blame the education system. We criticize each other and feel contented that we have played our part in the society.

arsha_simran thumbnail
Very beautiful post!!!
I completely agree... It's take on society how a person takes the mistakes...
If Akash wouldn't have tried then it would have been his fault... But he did try
And it isn't like he did it with some intention if it was so he wouldn't have taken care of Shikha maa now..
He realises his mistake... And maybe he is guilty of it.. But he cares for Shikha maa from heart.. He isn't taking care of Shikha maa coz he is guilty but coz he cares for her...
At one place wer he is guilty at the other place he is trying to over come his fear andar the other place he is trying to live his life!!
If seems maasi tries to change her point of view may be she will understand what Akash have went through.. Maybe she will understand how difficult it has been for Akash...
Loosing a best friend isn't easy.. How much it hurts how much he has faced... It's difficult..
I hope things get better with times!!
-Serene.Rose- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Priyam yes it is the perspective. But if people go on nagging a person like Aakash he can lose confidence and he will end up a zero in life.

Already it had taken a lot from him to take this assignment and come this far. Because of blame he received he had shut himself up from outside world. If not for Shika Maa's health and his parents house he wouldn't have even taken this. That much the guy is already affected by his best friend's death and people like Seema Maasi keeps on harping on it again and again.

true dear! what u said is true! you know the hardest thing in the world.. is to change someone's perspective, the way they look at things.. some sensible ppl understand when things r explained repeatedly, some dont.. seriously I came across many ppl who do nothing but demoralize others... i really feel bad for aakash.. in this situation nothing can be done.. when u cant change others, better option is change ur self.. jus ingore those ppl.. (i know its hard.. but you need to)
pray tell me if im wrong anywhere... I'd like to know other ways of facing this, because I'm in college n whenever I'm stressed out about my career, my decisions.. everyone around me try to blame rather than to encourage me.. n its sometimes hard to keep up the self-confidence n fighting others.. ty