India-Forums

Everest
Everest

Gaurav's death - Crime or Mistake - Society's take

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
In yes epi the most important take was the way Seema Mausi spoke to Aakash with scant regard to his feelings.
Actually I felt it was a mirror to society. How the society punishes an individual for not fault of his. I mean we understand what happened to Gaurav was beyond Aakash's control.
He had tried to help, but couldn't help and he himself is carrying a huge guilt conscious inside him. He is living but has no life.
That trauma is tearing him from inside. Then comes these harsh words from this woman that the fact he is alive is a punishment to Shikha Maa.

If fed up , not able to face anyone if Aakash commits suicide tomorrow will Seema Mausi be happy. Will Shikha Maa be happy. Aakash is taking care of Shika Maa they way Gaurav should be taking care of her. He is filling those shoes and is doing is duty as her own son. Cant Seema Mausi feel it.

Is forgiveness such a big thing. Is allowing a young man to have a second chance in life not possible. Only if the bud is nipped we as a society feel happy. Ok he deserved it because he did it.

Exactly what did he do. He didn't do anything. He is not a criminal. But day in day out emotionally blackmailing him, sucking the life out of him what good thing we are doing to the society.

But alas people like Seema Maasi are more, who wish to see only the bad things, who does not believe in goodness and their presence spreads more negativity around.

Hope Aakash comes out of the trauma in this Everest trip and is able to stand in front of people like Seema Maasi on his own merit.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ninny4udayLovelyLakshmiseverus1arsha_simranharinisriram39ChalJhoothi-Serene.Rose-...Dexterity...honeybees22pallavi25-Swetha-

clary IF-Rockerz
clary
clary

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Nice post...shruthiravi...
Until people like seema mausi dont take a step into positivity...the guilty will be dying from inside getting neglected so much even after they repent for their
If they change their thought...the people with 1 mistake can get a second chanc in life

I have seen u in EHT FORUM...nice to see u here...once again wonderful post

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shruthiravi-Swetha-

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:02am | IP Logged
@Naina hope I can call you that. I don't remember you in EHT forum. Were you a silent member. Anyways nice to see you here. After EHT Everest is the one in which I have interest because of AG. And so far each character is developed beautifully with past stories in Everest.
Also I am liking the realistic take on various aspects of society in the show

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

-Serene.Rose- IF-Sizzlerz
-Serene.Rose-
-Serene.Rose-

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:11am | IP Logged
great post! completely support ur views!! 

I guess its the perspective, virtue of ppl.. we have seen contrasting personalities here.. seema.. she's lost gaurav... yet she's blaming Aakash, knowing well that Aakash was at no fault!

and Shika Maa.. she too has lost Gaurav, but she's sensible kind hearted.. and she truly loves Aakash, that's why their bond stood unaffected after the accident!

shruthiravi-Swetha-

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 1:28am | IP Logged
@Priyam yes it is the perspective. But if people go on nagging a person like Aakash he can lose confidence and he will end up a zero in life.
Already it had taken a lot from him to take this assignment and come this far. Because of blame he received he had shut himself up from outside world. If not for Shika Maa's health and his parents house he wouldn't have even taken this. That much the guy is already affected by his best friend's death and people like Seema Maasi keeps on harping on it again and again.

-Serene.Rose--Swetha-

ChalJhoothi IF-Rockerz
ChalJhoothi
ChalJhoothi

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 5:05am | IP Logged
Nice post & completly agree with you.
Feeling sad for Aksash 
...Dexterity... IF-Sizzlerz
...Dexterity...
...Dexterity...

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 6:55am | IP Logged
I totally agree with you dear...
Great post...

I can understand, the pain Aakaash feels by such words...poor guy is already feeling himself at fault for Gaurav's death...he is not able to come out of that guilt...

This quote is for his feelings...Cry

"Sometimes I just want to paint the words "It's my fault" across my forehead to save people the time of being pissed off at me." 

pallavi25-Swetha-

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:40am | IP Logged
 Shruti: Very valid point. Have you ever been through the play called ' Justice' by John Galsworthy? It deals with the same question. The man Falder commits suicide because one crime done in past was never forgiven even after he was legally punished by the law. Tired of being punished over and over again he commits suicide. The play in fact asks the same question. Why forgiveness is not an option ?
Akash is not a criminal but if Akash commits suicide Seema mausi will become a criminal.

Why is forgiveness such a big thing when the mother herself has accepted that it was just an accident ? Does she realise she infact is punishing her own sister by reminding her the unfortunate incident over and over again ?

This man paid all  the expenses while Shikha ji was not well. Where was this behen jaisi nahi balki behen ? She needs to be told in her face that your viewpoint is not important. How I wished Shikha maa said that thing to her

From society's point of view blaming is a very easy and reliable technique to get over any loss. Price hike? Blame the Govt. Bad roads ? Blame the Municipality. Bad results ? Blame the education system. We criticize each other and feel contented that we have played our part in the society.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyLakshmi-Serene.Rose-shruthiravi...Dexterity...pallavi25-Swetha-

Go to top