Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Best performance of year 2014, by a leading actor ? (Page 5)

Poll Question: .

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [31.33%]
6 [7.23%]
2 [2.41%]
3 [3.61%]
1 [1.20%]
38 [45.78%]
3 [3.61%]
3 [3.61%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.20%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Shahid leading and I bet half the people that voted didnt even watch  the film.LOL
Shahid was good but no way close to the brilliance of Aamir. Flawless at everthing, comedy, drama, expressions, emotions you name it. And on top of that playing an alien. Most people struggle to pull off one right.

It was one of the toughest roles ever in BW. And could easily have gone wrong. But he did it to perfection.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dabang4life-chamkilli-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sharpener

Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by Sharpener

It's not hard to act like an alien, especially for Amir Khan Dead 

So definitely Shahid Kapoor 

IMO it was very hard...If Aamir had messed up even a little...he would have looked like he escaped from a mental asylum instead of an alien...but he walked that fine line really well..Star

Not saying it's a piece of cake but how exactly can we gauge how well he played an alien? Not like we can compare him w/ real aliens. I could just stick my tongue out and squint my eyes in a movie and be like hey look I'm an alien and no one can say  "Oh W*F aliens dont talk with their tongue out, they talk with their tongue rolled sideways" LOL 

I love Amir onscreen, never seen any movie where he acted bad. But just because he's convincing in an alien's role, doesnt necessarily make him worthy of winning a best actor award. Shahid had to emote human emotions to perfection and the audience cold easily judge when he's emoting well or not. 

The most we can do is compare him with Jadoo, and yes, he definitely did a better job than Jadoo. 

OK...I got ur point now...U r saying that we don't have a comparison point to see how good he was...OK that is true...Tongue
krackjack Senior Member
krackjack
krackjack

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Shahid for Haider. I didn't like Haider much but that doesn't take away the fact that Shahid was brilliant in it. 
P.S. Aamir doesn't care about awards and all. He'll not even accept it if he wins. Toh why trouble all the parties? LOL
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arsal-AK

Shahid leading and I bet half the people that voted didnt even watch  the film.LOL
Shahid was good but no way close to the brilliance of Aamir. Flawless at everthing, comedy, drama, expressions, emotions you name it. And on top of that playing an alien. Most people struggle to pull off one right.

It was one of the toughest roles ever in BW. And could easily have gone wrong. But he did it to perfection.

which film are you talking about!...LOL...if someone chose not to see PK because they were not impressed by the promos..well you can't force them naa!...Tongue...just because you found Aamir acted flawlessly...does not mean that others also find him so!...
-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vssaras

Originally posted by Arsal-AK

Shahid was good but no way close to the brilliance of Aamir. Flawless at everything, comedy, drama, expressions, emotions you name it. And on top of that playing an alien. Most people struggle to pull off one right.

which film are you talking about!...LOL...if someone chose not to see PK because they were not impressed by the promos..well you can't force them naa!...Tongue...just because you found Aamir acted flawlessly...does not mean that others also find him so!...

Talking about Haider.

And yeah I can't force them. Its their choice. All I will say is that you are missing out on the best movie of the year.Tongue

Everyone found Aamir to exceptional. I am yet to read a review that says otherwise.

Saying that Shahid was great too. Till I saw PK, in every poll on here I said that Shahid was the best this year and by far.

It had to be something brilliant from Aamir to beat Shahid and it was. Comedy is the hardest thing to do and to do it like that requires some serious talent/ acting prowess.

Edited by Arsal-AK - 24 December 2014 at 10:47pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-chamkilli-

The-Voice IF-Sizzlerz
The-Voice
The-Voice

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
They all did, to be honest. This year, the movies, scripts, and actors have been really competitive.

But if you were to ask me about actresses, then I'd go with Sonakshi Sinha for Lootera. I doubt if anyone could have done it better than her - probably Kareena or Priyanka, but I can't be too sure.
-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by The-Voice

They all did, to be honest. This year, the movies, scripts, and actors have been really competitive.

But if you were to ask me about actresses, then I'd go with Sonakshi Sinha for Lootera. I doubt if anyone could have done it better than her - probably Kareena or Priyanka, but I can't be too sure.

Lootera was last year.
Variable Senior Member

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top