Diya Aur Baati Hum

Suraj - Shutting the door of his love for Sandhya or PTSD ???

GovindaGovinda thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I watched today's episode - I can not somehow convince myself that Suraj is going through PTSD
but we all know how our good old CVs will think so have to wait and see what they have in mind

but here is what I thought:

Suraj trying so hard to convince everyone including himself that it is over between him and Sandhya

he hears her voice on the radio - u can tell he is affected by that

he tries to call her but stops - he has FB during HJ, Sandhya finally made Suraj and Bhabo get into the plane, Suraj begging her to come in but Sandhya refused him saying she still has to finish her duty

so why that FB?  What went on in his mind after they came back after HJ, he was in the hospital, thinking and going thru all the incidents - probably analyzed the situation - if Sandhya was not married, RK would not have hurt her or the family the way he did

RK told that his main revenge is against Sandhya which means killing her beloved Suraj, he will get his revenge against her

so is this what going on in Suraj to protect Sandhya from all these attachments so she can fulfill her duty according to her rules not on others 

I hope CVs will show something towards this not PTSD - that should not be shown the way they are showing

pls pls CVs do not butcher Suraj character - please tell us the reason behind his behavior

tomorrows pre-cap is kind of misleading - they r showing him telling her that he can not live without her but there is more to that sentence which is going to break Sandhya's heart

Edited by GovindaGovinda - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jsingh12 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice post GG πŸ‘πŸΌ
It seriously makes lot of sense. I wish cvs show something akin to your view. I too don't want to see PTSD kind of thing and no character butchering of SurYa please πŸ˜’

Revealing reason for Suraj's behavior is indirectly proportional to TRPS πŸ˜­

I would love to see SurYa solving their problem themselves than some middle person  

Precap I agree Suraj surely gonna break Sandy's heart with his words πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜­
Sonali_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Govinda, Other than PTSD ..All the reasons would not justify what ever he is doing.
Bhabo is going through a different kind of mental issue , Suraj too should be shown suffering from PTSD..
during SV2 suraj saw the divorce papers and  started behaving badly with Sandhya, that did make sense because there was a communication gap between the two ,Moreover Suraj always thought she is going through alot while living in the rathi house, so sending her away is a good option.
Such reason now, would not at all look sensible to me. 
Now they are in love, can understand each other ..so why does he have to take the route of hiding things from her , or even try and sacrifice especially when Bhabo too is trying to convince Suraj to bring Sandhya back.

Edited by Sonali_11 - 9 years ago
Sonali_11 thumbnail

Signs and symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

The symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can arise suddenly, gradually, or come and go over time. Sometimes symptoms appear seemingly out of the blue. At other times, they are triggered by something that reminds you of the original traumatic event, such as a noise, an image, certain words, or a smell. 
While everyone experiences PTSD differently, there are three main types of symptoms:

1. Re-experiencing the traumatic event
  2. Avoiding reminders of the trauma
  3. Increased anxiety and emotional arousal

Symptoms of PTSD: Re-experiencing the traumatic event

• Intrusive, upsetting memories of the event
  • Flashbacks (acting or feeling like the event is happening again)
  • Nightmares (either of the event or of other frightening things)
  • Feelings of intense distress when reminded of the trauma
  • Intense physical reactions to reminders of the event (e.g. pounding heart, rapid breathing, nausea, muscle tension, sweating)

Symptoms of PTSD: Avoidance and numbing

• Avoiding activities, places, thoughts, or feelings that remind you of the trauma
  • Inability to remember important aspects of the trauma
  • Loss of interest in activities and life in general
  • Feeling detached from others and emotionally numb
  • Sense of a limited future (you don't expect to live a normal life span, get married, have a career)

Symptoms of PTSD: Increased anxiety and emotional arousal

• Difficulty falling or staying asleep
  • Irritability or outbursts of anger
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Hypervigilance (on constant "red alert")
  • Feeling jumpy and easily startled

Other common symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

• Anger and irritability
  • Guilt, shame, or self-blame
  • Substance abuse
  • Feelings of mistrust and betrayal
  • Depression and hopelessness
  • Suicidal thoughts and feelings
  • Feeling alienated and alone
  • Physical aches and pains
GovindaGovinda thumbnail
Sonali_11  - Not sure why and what  - but I really do not want to see PTSD - that whole thing is very serious and I can see thta CVs can not make justification to that whole issue - that is my opinion
We do not even see Suraj having any nightmares or even thoughts of HJ - Only withdrawi of himself with Sandhya - that is why I think they should not show PTSD

Bhabo - they have not really shown her having any mental issues after coming home -she had in the hospitl but not now - she is weak physically

Suraj saw Sandhya in action first hand - saw how RK tried to use Suraj to bring down Sandhya and I assume something triggered in him when Sandhya refused to come into the plane

I am not saying he is not under stress - ofcourse he is but not PTSD - that is very serious subject and I really think that CVs can not make jsutice to that - it will be too easy for them to use PTSD as an excuse for his behavior

I hope they come up with creative way to convince us

I seriously think that RK and his attitude towards Sandhya and what Sandhya had to go thru bec her family was among HJ, Suraj somehow decided to part away from her

I am not defending his actions but trying to analyze the situation if I were to be in his shoes
pasurYa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Suraj is definitely not trying to forget Sandy .. there s something really big that s going on in his mind .. it can be either d taunts tat sandhya was facing which made him do like tis to make d family understand sandhya .. or he s having PTSD nd nt stable..

He s missing her a lot but trying to be normal ... in d new promo bb s asking sandy's help ..so definitely somethimg s wrong..
Sonali_11 thumbnail
Govinda, I can only see Post trauma syndrome as a justification to this behaviour
Sandhya as an IPS will have to go through several such cases like RK's so at the end of every such case would Suraj start behaving this way or sacrifice one thing or the other for her sake? How many times can someone do it ? this reason would be foolish for a couple like Surya who are so inspirational.A husband who is so loving and devoted.

GovindaGovinda thumbnail
@Sonali_11:Not trying to prove anything here - jsut expressing my thoughts on this subject

Signs and symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

The symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can arise suddenly, gradually, or come and go over time. Sometimes symptoms appear seemingly out of the blue. At other times, they are triggered by something that reminds you of the original traumatic event, such as a noise, an image, certain words, or a smell. 
While everyone experiences PTSD differently, there are three main types of symptoms:

1. Re-experiencing the traumatic event - Have not shown Suraj going thru this
  2. Avoiding reminders of the trauma - Avoiding only Sandhya which anyone could be in her shoe like Zakir
  3. Increased anxiety and emotional arousal - have not shown this in Suraj properly

Symptoms of PTSD: Re-experiencing the traumatic event

• Intrusive, upsetting memories of the event - again nothing of this sort is shown
  • Flashbacks (acting or feeling like the event is happening again) same as above
  • Nightmares (either of the event or of other frightening things)
  • Feelings of intense distress when reminded of the trauma
  • Intense physical reactions to reminders of the event (e.g. pounding heart, rapid breathing, nausea, muscle tension, sweating)

Symptoms of PTSD: Avoidance and numbing

• Avoiding activities, places, thoughts, or feelings that remind you of the trauma
  • Inability to remember important aspects of the trauma
  • Loss of interest in activities and life in general
  • Feeling detached from others and emotionally numb
  • Sense of a limited future (you don't expect to live a normal life span, get married, have a career)

Symptoms of PTSD: Increased anxiety and emotional arousal

• Difficulty falling or staying asleep
  • Irritability or outbursts of anger
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Hypervigilance (on constant "red alert")
  • Feeling jumpy and easily startled

Other common symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

• Anger and irritability
  • Guilt, shame, or self-blame
  • Substance abuse
  • Feelings of mistrust and betrayal
  • Depression and hopelessness
  • Suicidal thoughts and feelings
  • Feeling alienated and alone
  • Physical aches and pains
My point is if CVs want to use PTSD as an excuse, they should have shown it properly from the hospital scene - He is reacting to Bhabo's condition, not avoiding anyone or anything, he is going to work, doing his daily chores properly,  only time he is showing is with Sandhya - that too not even anger 

so that is why I think CVs are not doing justice if they want to use PTSD as an excuse

they should have done their homework properly - another disappointment just like HJ
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Govinda CVs are good only at family drama. Anything outside that their script is very very poor I would say. And because they are good at creating the family drama their other issues get pushed under the carpet. Well they can show PTSD.
Reason- They have showed rank for a girl who has completed just 2nd year. In every university in India rank is given only at the end of graduation for a course not in between

They have showed Chavi losing out on a year just because she failed a paper. Not true. Doing course itself graduates can complete the supplementary exam

Changing a student's college is not easy and is not at anybody's whim and fancy once you have registered for a course. They showed Sandhya in night college and then in day college as if it just happens with a magic wand

Seating arrangement of exam  No way S can come in front of C as far as seating arrangement is concerned. They made Sandhya sit in front of Chavi. Generally hall ticket numbers are based on alphabetical orider

IPS preparation and exam- No coaching, no written exam just reading some books. Also one exam. UPSC exam is 2 tier prelims and final

IPS interview- You don't get interview card one day before interview alteast 2 weeks are given

To understand better such blooper in screenplay you should watch Malayalam remake of DABH Parasparam where they have run the academic track much more realistically.

After academic track I don't have to tell the goof ups and blunders Hijack track had. In the name of investigation they set up a comedy show.

So CVs who have goofed up the most prestigious Civil Service examination, made a mockery of the best cadet trophy given to Sandhya in Hijack track, can ensure PTSD for Sooraj.

Compared to the above goof ups PTSD looks a small thing.
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yesterday's episode and precap gives some clear picture of what is going on in Suraj's mind.  Sandhya refusing to come into the plane, then jeep blown, Suraj came out of plane to ensure Sandhya's safety and Bhabho came out of plane to ensure Suraj's safety.  He is not able to come out of it that he was the reason for Bhabho getting into danger and taking the bullet.  He might also think Sandhya is responsible for it.

Precap could be misleading but think Suraj explains why he want to be separated from Sandhya in his own convincing manner.