Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
nothing !!! except amir is looking old ...and shouldnot waste my money on amir movies.. 😆
PigBenis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
The central message is basically believe in God but not the God created by the Godmen. I didn't find too many issues in the movie to be honest. I think the makers did a fine job at avoiding major controversy.
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: adventurousman

You really want to know or just wanna mock?

1) There is God (the creator) but what that God is, we don't know
>So an alien is gonna come n tell us 

2) The concept of God is not the real God
>Who is real God then? 

3) Religion is man made hence its a conceptual God and different people have created different Gods and according to them, only their God is the rite one and that God demands certain rituals, tells you (in his book) what is rite and wrong and what to do or not or else, he'll burn you in hell

>Agreed. God made humans but not religions. Or is it like God created universe and then slept and got bored and created dinasours and slept and got bored and wiped them out and created apes and got bored.. some apes became human beings and others stayed as apes.. and he slept and then he created a religion and then slept and then he created another-slept-another-slept and so on.. and left all human beings so confused abt who the hell is real God and true religion so that human race can kill each other in the name of religions? Well, Raju Hirani cant go that far... can he? 

4) Religion creates fear. Its not a loving God but a fearing God. You've to fear him, worship him, do as he says or else, he is gonna burn you in hell or some other disaster.
> Fear of doing wrong is good. I taught my son how to handle fireworks. But fear of God shud be within us.. coz thats spirtiulity not religion. I cant just be a "muh me raam bagal me chhuri". 

5) Labels don't exist. A Muslim woman or a Hindu man, does not exist in reality. Same goes for being an Indian or Pakistani, these are not real, these are just labels created by our society and we've just accepted them. 

> These r real... for ages. Even animals have diff, prides and they want to dominate the territory. Humans r no different.. only worst. 

6) Labels also have their own set of beliefs and ideas, that we've just believed in as true but they're not true. For e.g. seeing a pakistani muslim guy and having the belief that he is gonna betray you because he is a pakistani muslim guy. So first mistake is that you see a Pakistani, muslim guy, 2nd mistake is that you have other beliefs about that kind of person, so that kind of person will betray you, which again is not true.

7) We're all equal. What we've or what we can do or from which country we're or which God we believe in, none of this matters, these things only divide us human, they don't unite us

8) The creator (GOD) does not need our defense. He has created the universe and everything and you're gonna protect him from other human beings because they have a different opinion than you so you feel threatened? You're not defending God but just your beliefs. Its one person's belief vs another person's belief, nothing to do with God
> Then again God is person's belief, isnt he/she? 

9) We're all God's children and God is everywhere, we don't need to go to some other place to worship him so he can be satisfied (like he has a big ego, that needs satisfaction) and then accept our prayers and give us what we want or he won't be bothered.

10) Question everything, question everything they have thought you, it just might be false, ever questioned yourself? your beliefs? Its easy to point fingers outwards but we've to point fingers at ourselves and find out the truth (that is, if we want to)

11) We come naked in this world, shame is in our minds, nudism is not erotic but actually natural. If we're covering our bodies because we feel ashamed of it then what are we doing, really? Feel ashamed of our bodies? Feel ashamed of sex? Can have sex but can't accept that we're having sex as its  taboo? Screw that

That's all I remember for now, hope that answers your questions 😃

Good post! The film doesnt even deliver all those msgs but anyways.. 
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

Basically it says...religion is manmade- true
There is one creator-true
God doesn't need to be protected-true
Most of the times these Godmen are making an ullu out of simple hardworking people-true
The faith in God is linked with fear- well true to a certain extent...but not necessary..

These are a few messages that the movie gives.

What msgs? Too many? Alien to come to earth and teach us how to live? 
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: PigBenis

The central message is basically believe in God but not the God created by the Godmen. I didn't find too many issues in the movie to be honest. I think the makers did a fine job at avoiding major controversy.

Controversy means terrorism? Yes, they tried it but very null n void type. 
Originally posted by: adventurousman

You really want to know or just wanna mock?

1) There is God (the creator) but what that God is, we don't know

2) The concept of God is not the real God

3) Religion is man made hence its a conceptual God and different people have created different Gods and according to them, only their God is the rite one and that God demands certain rituals, tells you (in his book) what is rite and wrong and what to do or not or else, he'll burn you in hell

4) Religion creates fear. Its not a loving God but a fearing God. You've to fear him, worship him, do as he says or else, he is gonna burn you in hell or some other disaster.

5) Labels don't exist. A Muslim woman or a Hindu man, does not exist in reality. Same goes for being an Indian or Pakistani, these are not real, these are just labels created by our society and we've just accepted them.

6) Labels also have their own set of beliefs and ideas, that we've just believed in as true but they're not true. For e.g. seeing a pakistani muslim guy and having the belief that he is gonna betray you because he is a pakistani muslim guy. So first mistake is that you see a Pakistani, muslim guy, 2nd mistake is that you have other beliefs about that kind of person, so that kind of person will betray you, which again is not true.

7) We're all equal. What we've or what we can do or from which country we're or which God we believe in, none of this matters, these things only divide us human, they don't unite us

8) The creator (GOD) does not need our defense. He has created the universe and everything and you're gonna protect him from other human beings because they have a different opinion than you so you feel threatened? You're not defending God but just your beliefs. Its one person's belief vs another person's belief, nothing to do with God

9) We're all God's children and God is everywhere, we don't need to go to some other place to worship him so he can be satisfied (like he has a big ego, that needs satisfaction) and then accept our prayers and give us what we want or he won't be bothered.

10) Question everything, question everything they have thought you, it just might be false, ever questioned yourself? your beliefs? Its easy to point fingers outwards but we've to point fingers at ourselves and find out the truth (that is, if we want to)

11) We come naked in this world, shame is in our minds, nudism is not erotic but actually natural. If we're covering our bodies because we feel ashamed of it then what are we doing, really? Feel ashamed of our bodies? Feel ashamed of sex? Can have sex but can't accept that we're having sex as its  taboo? Screw that

That's all I remember for now, hope that answers your questions 😃

Wow, that's so good. I didn't know the movie was about this. But the message is actually at most very true in real and similar to what I have realized too so far studying scripture of my Faith. Don't know about point 11 though. I might watch the movie. ðŸ˜›
Edited by _Darling_ - 9 years ago
adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Good post! The film doesnt even deliver all those msgs but anyways.. 

It does, you just need to pay more attention 😉
adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: _Darling_

Wow, that's so good. I didn't know the movie was about this. But the message is actually at most very true in real and similar to what I have realized too so far studying scripture of my Faith. Don't know about point 11 though. I might watch the movie. ðŸ˜›

It doesn't say everything out loud or goes in detail but it points to it, in a way it shows more than verbalizing it.

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

What msgs? Too many? Alien to come to earth and teach us how to live? 

No AB ...u r missing the point...Alien . spaceship...blah blah are all symbolic...Basically Hirani chose an alien as a central character...because only someone from outside...can look at what is going on our earth and our society, our culture , our rituals from a NEUTRAL perspective...because an alien doesn't know anything...he is not biased...he wasn't born in a certain religion...and that is why the questions that he raises are very hard hitting...like when the Baba says...we will protect our God...and PK says...why does the God need protection?? I mean these are very valid questions...An alien is not telling us how to live...he is just pointing out the flaws in our society and the way we operate...It is really a very simple movie...and that is the reason its doing so well...because everyone from multiplex to single screen are able to get the message...

Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

😆 Edited by Sharif.Badmaash - 9 years ago