India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

What msg did u get from PK? (Page 18)

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 4:54am | IP Logged
If you want to make a film against malpractices, you will obviously want to choose those examples which are widespread, about whom people know and have themselves discussed. That would make it easier for them to strike a chord and gain support or make a point.
Hence, the examples choosen were
Godmen in case of Hindus, fatwas and suppressing girls rights in case of Muslims, conversion in Christianity and so on. In Bhagwan Kahan hai tu song, while on one hand they showed him rolling on the floor doing gulati as devotion, they also showed him all bloody during Moharram. Point was same- does God want this from us?
People are saying that Hinduism was shown as bad and Islam or only Muslims were shown in good light, well, the gravest harm due to religion, much much grave than rituals and looting, was shown to be done by an Islamic terrorist group to protect their God. Again, this was not an attempt to attack Islam or muslims, they pretty much made their stand clear by saying not every Muslim is bad, but this example was chosen bcos it is what we see around us today and something the world is facing at large.
There might be other malpractices but how much can you shove in one film, especially something like spitting in water or whatever, I don't even know of it. They used examples that were widely known to make their point.
And there was nothing humiliating in that Lord Shiva incident. He was NOT Lord Shiva himself, he was an ACTOR, or a person dressed to perform like him. It was only a funny sequence meant to show how naive PK is that he is thinking the actor is same as Lord Shiva himself.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

fireworkQuixotic5LifeOLiciousChameli_billiScorpio_VelvetChannaMereya-Swetha-

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

It did not teach me anything because I have questioned all organized religions and pretty much loathed them since I was old enough to process and question things.

Having said that, I enjoyed PK.

Lol!! In the same boat here. I enjoyed seeing it on screen and a theater full of people enjoying the very things thst bothered me about organized religion since I learned how to think. I hope ppl who are blind faith followers see the film and question themselves. I have a feeling the most blinded ones will choose to keep their eyes closed and still say my religion is better than yours.

Yeah, me too. I could relate to it on so many levels. It's like the same questions I have been asking since childhood were being asked by PK.LOL I thought it was genius. It was told in such a simple, funny manner that even the most obtuse person will go hmmm. Same here. I really hope it changes the mindsets of zealots in some way...even if it is 1%. I know it is too much to ask for but this film has immense repeat value. So I am hoping it works to a certain extent. South Asian societies definitely need films like these.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ZorZorSeLifeOLiciousSharif.Badmaash

firework Senior Member
firework
firework

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 10:54am | IP Logged
So the film is wrong because it *targets* Hinduism more than other religions and it should target other religions too to prove its point.

... wokay!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Arsal-Chameli_billi

Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 11:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PantheraG..OAT

AllBlacks1 IF-Sizzlerz
AllBlacks1
AllBlacks1

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 11:48am | IP Logged
So then we have all watched different versions of a movie called PK? One group says It has targeted Hinduism coz India is predominantly Hindu Country... and the other group says it has targated ALL religions. 
There in lies the problem. The makers tried to do go beyond what their reach is. If u want to bring all religions that exists in India, then do justice to all malpractices of those religions, dont single out one religion. If u cant do that then just let let alien have exp. with only one religion. 

When u bring other religions and single out only one to make a mockery, thats insulting. I have watched many HW movies where they question Cristianity. But not in comaparisions to put it down against other religions. 

My question still goes unanswered. The posters Aamir sticking of Hindu Devi-devtas saying "lapata (missing) , it wud take one more minute to stich posters of "Allha-missing, Mohammad- missing, Budha- missing, Jesus- missing, Guru Nanak- missing"... That wud have covered all religions that matter to India. Wud Hirani-Aamir have guts to do that???????????

As I said b4.. Hinduism always ask questions.. be it BW or Godmen. Its such a vast religion of different philosophies that u can get confused and u HAVE to use ur brains to chose which path u wanna take. 

I blv in Gayatri Parivar where "Maa Gayatri" is a supreme God(des). Women r pundits in that sect. Women r respected more than men. And therez one other sect where women r just object of sex and henceforth they r being seated saperatly to men and their swamiji dont even look at women's faces.. coz they can arouse their f**king penis.. how pathetic is that? How can u call saint when u have doubt abt ur sexual control? These so- called idot swamijis go all around world, to teach us poor NRIs abt our Dharma, yeah.. on airport check-in, check-out.. there r mstly women.. LOL This sect is called "Swaminarayan"... they have huge temple in London.. and all around world... Sooner or later they will out of Hinduism. 

BW have always braught Hindu religion... be it " hero/heroine starts pleading- plz help me and the bells start ringing so that God accepted the plea... or blaming God for whats going wrong in their lives"... no qualm no questions.. its all cheesy. 

But, PK raises serious questions.. and its very much on Hinduism only. Fraud baba is not good.. what abt Osama or Dawood? Do not not single out one religion when compared with others. 

On a light note, if I talk abt Khans here, ppl start mocking HR coz i m HR fans... thats what happens comparisions take place. 

And Bo numbers says Hinduism is progressive and tolerant society as it has always been for 5000 years. Smile

sayangQuixotic5Hakuna-Matataa

hermione82 IF-Rockerz
hermione82
hermione82

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Quixotic5

Originally posted by hermione82

If in PK, the other religion's malpractices were shown as well then do you think Hinduism would have been glorified or the malpractices of Hinduisms would have been washed away?

Nope.. but is it to say that by singling out Hinduism 'a comparatively peaceful religion'  & tactfully avoiding some of the problematic religions  & their teachings (as seems to be the case here) is indeed justified ??... And please nobody here is asking for "glorifying" Hinduism & as a Hindu i am least bothered with such "glorification" , i know very well what i stand for , i dont need PK's stamp of approval for that.. LOL..but if i get a whiff of my beliefs being mocked , dont expect me to just standby..lol.. and most if not all of my replies are purely based on the posts here , i have absolutely nothing against PK whatsoever at this point..   
Keeping the movie aside since you have clearly stated that you have nothing against PK...
Have you ever stood up for the wrong practices for your religion like the way you are standing up for singling out Hinduism when everyone knows this is comparatively tolerant religion??
Or do we choose to ignore the bad blood in our religion because we give ourselves consolation that this is lesser evil?
Of course who needs PKs stamp for approval??? I'm a proud hindu too not only because it has got many good practices but also for the fact that I can question my religion if I feel something is not correct...So I feel very happy that if at least 1% of Hindu thinks differently because of this movie it would be a great achievement..

fireworkPantheraChameli_billi

Truth10 Goldie

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Truth10 Goldie

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-SparklingVibz-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index