India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

What msg did u get from PK? (Page 17)

hermione82 IF-Rockerz
hermione82
hermione82

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:07am | IP Logged
If in PK, the other religion's malpractices were shown as well then do you think Hinduism would have been glorified or the malpractices of Hinduisms would have been washed away?

ChannaMereya IF-Stunnerz
ChannaMereya
ChannaMereya

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Their is aproverb right Charity begins at home 
same way reformation begins with us
Even Reformers in old times Raja Ram Mohan Roy started with targetting malpractises of Hinduism ,
And in a country with majority hindus they need to start with them as simple as that and they did show that religion is nothing but fancy dress competition which itself shows they targetted all religion
And even at end bomb blast showed how  ppl are killing in name of religion and god  but als ppl refuse to see that and only speak about targetting hinduism which they didnot do t
Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:18am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sonalak

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:35am | IP Logged
If anything, I got the message that God does indeed exists and we don't need anyone or anything to find that God. God is not biased so that only certain people can contact him...if he has made everyone equally, then won't he be available to everyone equally too?

Then why do we need to listen to a God man or a seer or astrologer to communicate with God? Why do we need to go a particular place of worship to find God, if he is omnipresent?

At the same time, if anyone finds solace in a temple or at a Church, there is nothing wrong with it. If anyone finds courage listening to a God man speak a few words of religion, then again there is nothing wrong with it.

But to assume, that the only way to reach out to God is through ritual worship, or going to a temple or doing a namaz or praying at the altar is demeaning that very stature of God.

The film questions our approach to God, it does not question the existence of God. It questions the way humans have interpreted religion to suit their needs, it doesn't mock the very presence of religion.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ChannaMereya

krackjack Senior Member
krackjack
krackjack

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 3:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Quixotic5

Originally posted by hermione82

If in PK, the other religion's malpractices were shown as well then do you think Hinduism would have been glorified or the malpractices of Hinduisms would have been washed away?

Nope.. but is it to say that by singling out Hinduism 'a comparatively peaceful religion'  & tactfully avoiding some of the problematic religions  & their teachings (as seems to be the case here) is indeed justified ??... And please nobody here is asking for "glorifying" Hinduism & as a Hindu i am least bothered with such "glorification" , i know very well what i stand for , i dont need PK's stamp of approval for that.. LOL..but if i get a whiff of my beliefs being mocked , dont expect me to just standby..lol.. and most if not all of my replies are purely based on the posts here , i have absolutely nothing against PK whatsoever at this point..   

See...First of all, the movie doesn't mock or target Hinduism. It speaks about the mockery it has become in the hands of pseudo self-proclaimed babas who feed on people's fears and insecurities. It doesn't say the temples are filled with people who are scared to death. It says how fear sometimes makes an individual a puppet in the hands of some idiots who rub their hands in glee and  are forever ready to take advantage of such fears. It's not about the religion per se, It's more about the false interpretations which do no good to anybody. 

Regarding why Hinduism and all such stuff... A film-maker picked a particular subject that would be more familiar to the majority of audience. The same way, in 3 idiots he chose Engineering, not journalism. However he mentions other religions as well but the focus was on the God-man who steals his remote control and claims its a souvenir of God or something. We should stop obsessing over this question...why not Islam . Silly I repeat, this movie doesn't target a religion. It targets the mockery it has become these days. A film maker chose one aspect of it and showed it. Nothing to be offended about. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LifeOLiciousChannaMereya

Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 4:02am | IP Logged

krackjack Senior Member
krackjack
krackjack

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 4:13am | IP Logged
This is the second time where I'm giving my two cents urf maha gyaan about this movie in this thread. But have been tired reading 'why only hinduism' posts for like past one week. The same way you are tired of reading all the gyaan sessions by members defending this movie.  

P.S. " Silly " LOL
Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 4:33am | IP Logged

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index