India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

What msg did u get from PK? (Page 11)

firework Senior Member
firework
firework

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
- Be curious and ask questions. Anushka's character says it in the movie.
- Every religion has different rituals and customs. This was differentiated quite nicely in the movie. We will never know if something is right or wrong. It's okay. Don't be too superstitious and fearful.
- Most people focus more on religious customs and rituals than their own individuals actions.
- Be wary of "holy men" and their "superpower", as most of them take advantage of people's fears. We live in a very superstitious and fearful world we constantly look for something outside of us to solve our problems when only we can solve the problem on our own.
- Believe in yourself instead of listening to some "holy men"
- We know nothing for sure. Always ask questions.
- It's okay to have faith and believe in God, but extremity in the name of religion is never a good idea, whether that means killing innocent people or obsessing over some ritual because it has to be right.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Cara-BazigarKaanKeNiche--MISANTHROPISTChameli_billiIWishICouldHotMessblue-ice.

Truth10 Goldie

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
guess.wh0 IF-Dazzler
guess.wh0
guess.wh0

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
While there are tons of messages like adventureman elborated, the film in its entirety is a mockery of blind faith. Furthermore it questions this blind faith and concludes that its not faith at all, but just fear.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Cara-adventurousmanChameli_billiHotMessblue-ice.

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
Religion is preached and practiced by mortals. It is a human construct. I have no proof that the men and women who preach faith today are actually true to the word of God. I have no proof that the men and women who preach faith are not selfish wielding religion for their personal gains. 
I have the gift of rationality and critical thinking. There must be a reason we were given the ability to question and reason. I will not insult the creator with blind belief. In fact I will honor the creator by utilizing my gifts by always questioning and reasoning 

The infinite ever expanding universe of billions of stars and planets cannot be captured in any mortal book or thought. The creator of such vastness and majesty does not need puny mortals to defend it. 

That is what I learned from PK. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24firework-Cara-Bazigaradventurousman-Arsal-HotMesschainreaction.IWishICouldblue-ice.

Truth10 Goldie

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Gubbara.Quixotic5Hakuna-MatataaPRAGDsandiab..RamKiJanaki..

Bazigar Goldie
Bazigar
Bazigar

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
Central point of the movie revolves around how few misuse religion for further their cause . It directed towards all religion. Regarding the point of hindu criticism a majority of hindu did not find anything offensive in this movie  . As a hindu i did not find anything wrong in the movie. Yes hindu religion itself encourages for philosophy like criticism , question  and never blindly believe anything. Now if anyone dont want to watch a movie bcoz that hurt their sentiment then its their choice and it limited to a small percentage of people.  lastly even in terms of statistics wise as per movie collection suppose total number of viewers were 50 lakh, proportion to population lets count 80% people saw the movie say 40 lakh are hindus . if a majority have no problem who care about few who call for boycott. Just like a Hollywood movie central plot revolves on christian same wise its central plot revolves around which cater to the large target viewers.After all we dont need a extra authority above censor board which we have already to monitor movie content. its not antihindu, albeit its anti blind faith anti fanatics and anti con babas.

Edited by Bazigar - 24 December 2014 at 11:46pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Cara---MISANTHROPIST

Bazigar Goldie
Bazigar
Bazigar

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Truth10

read this on FB
Me: Nice. Which religions did they expose in the movie? Did they show how Quran is being misinterpreted by millions around the world to justify terrorism in the name of Jihad?
Friend: No
Me: Ok. Did they show how Christian missionaries are converting millions of Indians forcefully or through freebies and take them for granted?

Me: Thanks for your review.
#8067   <--- click

Why people are so rigid about a movie, complaining why this why not that or other LOL . This movie in totality target everyone having with a symbolic central plot revolves around a con baba. As if they feel it can change whoever having different opinion or belief with some 3 hour art/story telling form. Its just a one of the movie may be having a different approach just like any other bollywood movie. Although a 3 hour movie cant cover issues of whole world still it cover as much it can,

1. May be u should suggest that friend to watch same amir's movie Sarfaorsh , even black friday or many movies catering to terrorism with misuse of religion. Even in this movie they include a terror act to show the face of fanatics.

2. For corrupt missionaries we have score of hollywood movies. Still whenever i hear this millions and millions i am wondering how these missionaries convert millions and millions of people still we have 2% christian population in india since last 60 years.

Edited by Bazigar - 25 December 2014 at 12:35am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Cara-Micky_elleadventurousman

Gubbara. Goldie
Gubbara.
Gubbara.

Posted: 25 December 2014 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by Gubbara..

Blue ice is the best person to answer all your questions since who ab "jaag" Chuki hai PK Dekhne ke badWinkLOL

I was always jaagi huiLOLLOL...there is nothing in PK...that I didn't already believe in...but the way they have put everything together in such a smart way is what makes this movie so enjoyableClap...I mean anyone worth their salt will agree and probably already know the messages PK is trying to give...

Basically it says...religion is manmade- true
There is one creator-true
God doesn't need to be protected-true
Most of the times these Godmen are making an ullu out of simple hardworking people-true
The faith in God is linked with fear- well true to a certain extent...but not necessary..

These are a few messages that the movie gives...and Gubbara...don't go by what people are saying on the net and twitter...go watch the movie and judge for urself if u feel offended...what happens is in these kinds of movies...if one person criticizes it...it has a snowball effect...because religion is such a sensitive issue...I can bet my life on that half of the people who are mad at PK have not even watched it and are just mad by reading about it...i am not saying that who ever has watched it and doesn't agree are wrong...but girl u have to watch it urself to decide...and not depend on others' judgement...

Ok I will watch and then I will come to you if I have any question. Be prepared to answer all my questions. I won't let you duck any of themLOL

Btw, look at my siggy. You think I could get hurt by the mockery of my gods the movie mayhave made?Smile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index