Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Gubbara.

Doesnt matter what you think...Those abrahmic religions are fairly recent and i am sure their scriptures must have been inspired from somewhere...

For example

krishna becomes christ
and krishna niti become christianity๐Ÿ˜†

And when you say A-brahmic what do you see there?๐Ÿ˜›

This is not about what I feel. It is about what I know. 

A large portion of Genesis is mostly inspired by ancient Sumerian and Mesopotamian myths . It is the region closest to where Christianity grew. Dating ancient myths to determine the oldest is challenging. We don't have substantial evidence of who inspired whom. The migration patterns east to west, west to easy are controversial. What we can be sure of is that certain aspects of Genesis match many indigenous creation myths. 

The correlation between Christ and Krishna is quite something. They have several parallels. However, Jesus of Nazareth did historically exist in the Roman census under Tiberius. The dead sea scrolls also confirmed Historical Christ. It is possible that the mythos of Jesus that elevates him to son of God is inspired by Krishna. The council of Nicaea did sit down and determine which gospels would enter the Bible and which would be destroyed. It could be inspired by Krishna or the more probably explanation is sticking to a heroes journey' narrative that inspires people. It is also interesting that the Latin pronunciation of Jesus is "Hey Zeus"

A lot of Christian celebration is inspired from pagan celebrations. Oestre, the spring fertility rights become Easter. Yuletide and winter solstice celebrations become Christmas. 

Overall when it comes to modern day religion and mythos it is very difficult to strictly define what is the prime or what are the derivatives. The truth is more of a all from one, one from all kind of a deal. 

But as a matter of faith if you believe the Puranas to be the prime, that is fine within the realm of belief. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Hopefully the naked alien comes back to restore peace on earth. 

Hopefully, aliens just come and destroy earth and just speed up the inevitable. ๐Ÿ˜†
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@ Truth10. Thoghts r not just faster, they r so powerful. Newton just saw an apple dropped on ground and thought didnt it go up in the sky? and the law of Gravity was discovered. Galalio had very hard time time to prove that Earth is round shape and not flat.. against the powerful church followers. 
Its grt that we r trying to find secrets of universe but can we first find the secrets of human brains, soul, freewill, after death life? Its much close to our chest than a star billions lightyears away. 

AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Hopefully, aliens just come and destroy earth and just speed up the inevitable. ๐Ÿ˜†

I like that! Scientists just scare me. I dont like slow death. ๐Ÿ˜†

Doesnt matter what you think...Those abrahmic religions are fairly recent and i am sure their scriptures must have been inspired from somewhere...

For example

krishna becomes christ
and krishna niti become christianity๐Ÿ˜†

And when you say A-brahmic what do you see there?๐Ÿ˜›

And trinity... Brahma (Generator) , Vishnu( Operator), Shiva( Destroyer) ... G O D.. God. 

When rest of the world was living in caves and killing animals for feed, India (Bharat Varsh) was writting scriptures in Sanskrit... the most complex language in terms of grammar... it can be used to write the software programs, mathematics, medicine (Ayurveda), civilaisation. 

Well, I just happy that the stream of Sanatan Dharma- Hinduism, Budhism, Sikhism, Jainism... are lving peacefully. Few politics driven violence in its ancient history. But the sad thing is the other stream- Abrahmic- Judism, Chritianity, Islam... have a history of such violence, massacre, a sane  person wud lose faith in religions. And its still continues, may even cause 3rd WW. 

Hopefully the naked alien comes back to restore peace on earth. 

[/QUOTE]

Recent is not  a sign of credit,. But rather stealing  the portion by portion from other religions, and from here and there,... as per their convenience, to prove them more right and logically correct,...   BUT,..  on the other hand,..

Besides India,  many other cultures and civilization such as Chinese, The great empire of Rome, Babylon, Egypt,..  Macchu-Pichhu in Peru,..   are also as old or even more,.

Pyramids are almost as old as old civilizations profs are found,. And  for Pyramids,...  if it's height is divided by any side of it's base length, that factor comes to pi = 3.1415,... now even the  value of PI was invented a waaay later that,.." for any circle, of any size,.. the ratio of its circumference to its' dia. remains constant of the amount of 3.14,..  Now,...who da hell , how they knew it at that time,  that number,.. for the stability factor of pyramids to keep its height/ one side of its base length = 3.14, to be set for ???

The sorry fact is,.. most of the stuff written in  Vedas, upnishads, purana, ..etc turned out to be OFF scientific and just orthodoxy baloney as the time passed by,.. and science went on proving with proof,..

and that's how  ppl knew it, to  not to spend  time on those  garbage and that's how science is taught in today's schools and not the Vedas, Upnishads, and Puarana,.. Coz

Asoor living in paataals,... There is other world in the earth-core,...  there are seven  heavens,. Vaitarni river if flying there, while your way to heaven,.., Krishna's haven and his Raas-leel and all these garbage once again  take you to the figment land, off from the proven science, and  that's how  no one   even any born Indian is not interested to go to Kaashi-Mathura and learn Ved-upnishad and Puranas,.. as   science has proved most of his baloney as wrong and just imaginations of the human fertile brains,.. etc.

Edited by Truth10 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

<<Hopefully, aliens just come and destroy earth and just speed up the inevitable.  >>

I think somehow we as  a human being" give too much arrogance, importance and proud to ourselves as  intelli,.. etc,..  But  we all are a frog in the well" syndrome sufferer as per an Alien's eye ! But honestly Aliens may not care of a dime,.. either to US, our planet  or to steal any seeds, sperms, plants, water, animals,  and genes/DNA from us,...  More I think.

Any tribe who can come over here, that means they have seen also other 100s of stars, galaxies, planets, lives and  nearly the major substance/know-how  of the whole Universe.

A rotten apple ( with tons of virus/ bacteria )  lying in somewhere in my  backyard's some corner,.. also feels the same and proud of their land, their owning of that entire his planet, their tribe,.. etc / Now if I assume myself a s  a powerful alien to them,.. do I care to go to there, try to understand, communicate, and study their culture, small inventions them,... attempting to  Make empty that apple, and kill them all,.. and such?  I faaakk with them and their apple,. Do not give them a dime of importance,. As I know,.. how many  Lots and back yards are there in whole world,.. and apple tress and total apple on my land and world,.. all such and how and why would I care to even explain it to them,. And  try to steal away their rotten occupied  an ordinary small apple from them?     I have no interest to even go near it. Let the apple has it rotten life of other 2-3 years and they they evolve 100 generations on it,...  I am careless of owning it or killing them,.. or  searching and studying on them,...no nothing.

Gubbara. thumbnail
Edited by Gubbara. - 9 years ago
Gubbara. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gubbara.

So where's the originality in Abrahmic faiths?

It's basically inspired from here n there even if we go by your logic...You believe they didnt steal from our scriptures but from sumerians and mesopotemians...

OK then...๐Ÿ˜†

Btw i like how you put what you know as matter of facts but what i know as matter of faith...

@ Truth10. Thoghts r not just faster, they r so powerful. Newton just saw an apple dropped on ground and thought didnt it go up in the sky? and the law of Gravity was discovered. Galalio had very hard time time to prove that Earth is round shape and not flat.. against the powerful church followers. 

Its grt that we r trying to find secrets of universe but can we first find the secrets of human brains, soul, freewill, after death life? Its much close to our chest than a star billions lightyears away. 

Agree,..
But so far the thoughts itself with the soul,.. carrying together  each-other,..and can not fly  with the ray of light speed and make us help exploring the Universe, we need to rely on the science, as so far what it knows,.. it tells us concrete,.. e.g. the satellite gives me todays' results that it will be snowing from 5 to 8 and it sure does,...  'Coz its concrete science, it tells what it sees perfectly,.. and do not throw any baloney to me saying that the God is playing ball-bat / gedi-dado,.. when it thunderstorms in the sky !

Somehow,.. certain inventions I do not give much credits  ( either to Newton or Galelio ) and feel and sense that,... if not Newton, somebody freaking else, must had invented that during almost that very decade/ time-frame,... as I see nthg that much complicated, in it !

For example the value of PI = 3.14  should must found in the same decade of time,.. if it was not  by Mr. PI,... then perhaps by somebody else,.. but  not any much later, than that time,..  Anyone could had seen that,..
No mater, any  wheel / circle,... becomes bigger or smaller,.. but the ratio of its circumference versus its dia. always remains constant,. !  ...and that value is 3.14.

-----

Same with the garbage  ( per my current mood and thinking, more I think ) invention of Newton, if not him,. someone else must had found it within the next 2-5 years of those time,.. if Newton did not invent it,.. may be someone else had done it,...,.

Here  it's,... how it would had gone,..

Say,... you are in that age and time-frame,. of period,... you are living in.  ( Newton's time )
 So,... You have no paper-pencil and sitting somewhere on the beach,..under the open sky,... watching stars,.. with the beach-sand as a paper  in front of you,...and a  small tree-bark as your pencil,..to write on  the sand,.. !!

You see an apple falling on earth from the tree,  ( or say, you throw it up, and it falls back ! )

You think, that there are two round objects here,. one was  a   small round apple,.. and below it
 was a hugh round earth sphere, and there it acted,... some sort of force between those. That's why, apple fell with that force F, back  on the earth-ball.

So you write letter  " F " on the  sand, first.  ( that, some force exerted, between two masses m1 and m2 - the two balls in front of you,... )

You do the more same experiments,...  with bigger and heavier rocks/ big apples and you observe that  apple falls faster, if it's bigger and heavier,...  and small apples and feather, falls slowly,..so it also depends on the mass of the second object

Now, you write  F varies  ( directly proportional to ) m1   ( Bigger the mass, the force exerted is more )

The below round object earth is also that hugh ball,.  ( mass m2 )
but if it was smaller,   perhaps this force or the fast velocity  with  which,..this apple is falling,.. it could perhaps had  lower,... so you know,... this F is also relying on m2 ( mass of the earth-ball )

Now you write F varies ( directly proportional to ) m2

You do more experiments throwing the same apple back in the air,.. and can observe that it falls slowly when it was at that very high,.. but when  it comes closer to the ground,.. if falls faster/heavily speed ,.. so now you know
that this force F is  indirectly proportional to the distance between the two objects m1 and m2,  ( smaller the distance in between, force is more ) and  say,...if the
 distance is r,...

now you know

F varies 1/r

So,. now you know,..  F varies ( directly proportional to )   m1. m2 /  r

Later, by some   Force measuring instruments ,  Let say,.. you come to know the value of  that
Fore  ( Force exrted on the earth by that apple ) that , it was in this amount,.. say,...
so and so kg/cm^2.

Later you know the Value of mass of Earth by some other means,..,. or say even if you do not know,... just assume for time-being say,... 100,000 kg

Now you take different size of apples and  do the same same experiments and in all above experiment
now you know  ( where F is the value of force exerted in each case, of a diff value )
F, m1, m2  and  r     ( r is the distance between two objects - round apple and round earth underneath. -   i.e.  r = how high you throw an apple in the air )

And now with all diff. experiments you make  a table of
F in one column and value of  ( m1.m2/ r  ) in other column,... you have   a  big table
and  both  the coulms if taken ratio of,..   ( F divided by m1.m2 / r ) you will find that constant - Yess that value of G  as 6.67 x 10 -11
which will float constant in that table,..  for all of the results,..of diff. experiments.. ( just like, for any circle's circumference   divided by its diameter is 3.1415 )

and now you coin that equation as ,..

F = G.  m1.m2 / r^2,.. where G is always,..

6.67 x 10 -11

How difficult it was ? 
of course,.. you will add some other affceting factors/parameters  such as effect of wind, friction and other garbage, as an adjustement to this equation.

See,...I pay no importance to Newton,.. for this law of gravity
as  any dumber should had also found it, in the same decade, if not him.

Sorry Newton, I see nothing in it.

------------------------

Today, we know the m2 -  the mass of earth and that constant  G's  value,... that means,...
if we knew the mass of the Moon,.. we can find how far it is,..
and if we knew  that how far the moon is, we can know its mass,..  ( if, by other way we knew teh Gravitational force exerted between them ) viceversa,..

Using this very freaking eqn,...
 we throw light at some  far galaxy planet and  when that ray reflects back to us,. and that's how we know how far it is,.. and then,..  calculate the mass of that planet,. that how big it is,.. and etc.. !

Edited by Truth10 - 9 years ago
Gubbara. thumbnail
Congratulations@ Allblack1 !!
Your thread completed one month today!๐Ÿ‘