Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Arsal-AK

First,
They dont travel at the speed of light. Its impossible to do so. If lets say you could hpothetically, you would gain infinite mass and time will stop for you. In other words time for you will not exist and you wont age. Obviously not the case here.

Now for you query we can have a discussion if you really want to. Otherwise it would be a waste of time if intended it to be a troll post as has been the case with this thread of late.

Well said,.. we all are still in that effect of that big bang  ( giant explosion ) and all the stars, planets full galaxies,... and the full universe is still just in an expanding motion and fashion, going far and far away from each other hundreds of miles every second,...,..,.. as if   you explode one bomb and the whole motion  ( of its kurcha exploding ) you see in an extremely slow motion   camera,. that's how the whole universe is ,.. and it's goes on expanding,.. going far anf far from each other,... and if our earth is say 4.5 billion  yrs old,... ( it's formation ) , that means that big bang happened so many billion yrs ago,.. and till time,.. all stars, planets all must have moved trillions of miles away from each other and far from each other,... so even traveling at the speed of light will  also be not enough,...

Aliens can hit our planet only if somewhere else there also had another big bang explosion so many million yrs ago and that explosion also is expanding and coming closer to our explosion limits and that's how they can come near to us automatically,.. two expansions overlap,...but again,... it will create swirl,.. as if two oceans full of tides crash, meet and collides and  will disturb all of the galaxies its planets and all of its life...

At the most, if two golas ( planets from diff. galaxies are far advanced, they may send some electro-signals and by that way let know the others about their existence,.. But so far,.. all the sounds heard from the outer space,.. not a single rhythm/symmetry  is found or classified which can make any language/word/sentence, that anyone from the out there, must be trying to send it to us,...for communication or recognition of their existence,.. !

only one word / one small sentence  which is also a  pure coincidence,.. has been classified as a proper word/half sentence,.. so far  among all the space-sound analyzed !!!

Edited by Truth10 - 9 years ago
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Gubbara.

Traveling at speed of light is very much possible in hollywood movies. Americans often get visited by really intelligent and advanced species who possess technology beyond our imagination but since we got visited by a substandandard alien species, maybe what you are saying is true. Our aliens are not as advanced as hollywood aliens😳

Sci-fi is my fav genre. And I am yet to see a movie where aliens travel at the the speed of light. Warp speeds yes, speed of light hell no.

As I said time stops to exist for you if you are at the speed of light. Which means you will stop aging while everything else relative to you will continue to do so.

So the alien traveling at the speed of light will set out from his home planet in say 2020 earth year. If he is coming from the nearest star systems it will take him 10-20 years to get here traveling at the speed of light. When he arrives here on earth we will be a million years into the future from 2020. While the alien will be in youthfull twenties.

Hope you get it now.
Edited by Arsal-AK - 9 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Sci-fi is my fav genre. And I am yet to see a movie where aliens travel at the the speed of light. Warp speeds yes, speed of light hell no.

As I said time stops to exist for you if you at the speed of light. Which means you will stop aging while everything else relative to you will continue to do so.

So the alien traveling at the speed of light will set out from his home planet in say 2020 earth year. If he is coming from the nearest star systems it will take him 10-20 years to get here traveling at the speed of light. When he arrives here on earth we will be a million years into the future from 2020. While the alien will be in youthfull twenties.

Hope you get it now.

Have u watched Contact...Jodie Foster wali...It had something like what you are saying...interesting movie...u will love it...BTW sci-fi is my favorite genre too...
-Arsal- thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Do aliens follow our gravity, physics, chemistry and biology? Smart ppl, ans that? 

But simple question is.. why they dont do homework b4 travelling to another planet? And R they so smart to come here in the first place or dumb enuff to come here in last place? ðŸ˜†

Laws of physics are the same everywhere. They work here, they will work there as well. Laws describe nature not planet Earth and nature is everywhere.

They obviously came to study us, after all we were the only ones they found in the universe yet.

PK was the homework sort to speak. And how can you do homework in the first place without landing on the said planet and interacting with the species??

Sure they knew about the gravity, atmosphere, climate etc or else they wouldnt have come. No ones that dumb. Even we know the gravitational pull of planets millions of light years away from here.

As for humans and their behaviors, well thats a littlle more tough. You cant put values into an eq aand tell wheather I am happy, sad or wear clothes or not.

PK came here to observe wheather we were advanced, civilized enough to make contanct.  They  were counting on his resemblance to us as a decoy.And the decoy worked. Nobody thought he was an alien.

PK is not funny or anything close to that. Just becuase he speaks an odd language, dresses up differently and asks questions, people come to conclusion he is one deluded and funny guy with below average IQ.He is way more intellegent than everyone on earth. You dont learn power over the mind for nothing.

blue-ice. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Truth10

The most surprising thing was,..

this Alien lands only in a single strength and without any weapons or having knowledge of wild/non-wild gigantic or predator animals kind of knowledge on this planet,...
and more to it,...  even he knows that he will need some food and water, still he land s without any such,.. and  sets/used to -  with the gravity of this planet in no time !   Wooow !

If you land on  a Jupiter it will take months to get used to with the gravity there,
as your leg will become 20 times heavy to lift,  ( you walk 25 feet and you are darn tired ) as yr own weight will be that much increased,... due to J's gravity !

But this so called Alien guy seemed a pure joke and the director  paid no other attention
except that to show him  a nude.

You being the keyword here...we are just assuming that the alien was like us...what if he was not?? What if his DNA was entirely different from us?? What if he was able to ASSESS what we humans can't do with are limited abilities...Maybe he just chose the shape of a human to blend in but was totally different from us?? Its a sci-fi concept and the possibilities can be endless...that is why we should pay more attention to the message and not ponder about the technicalities...even Hirani didn't bother to explain a lot of things to us...it didn't matter in the first place..
-Arsal- thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice

Have u watched Contact...Jodie Foster wali...It had something like what you are saying...interesting movie...u will love it...BTW sci-fi is my favorite genre too...

Yup I have. Brilliant, brilliant movie that gets most of its science right. It should after all a scientist help right it. Interstellar is along the same lines as well.

Great to hear that you like sci-fi. It really presents you with some mind blowing ideas.
blue-ice. thumbnail

Yup I have. Brilliant, brilliant movie that gets most of its science right. It should after all a scientist help right it. Interstellar is along the same lines as well.

Great to hear that you like sci-fi. It really presents you with some mind blowing ideas.

Remember the part where the space ship she is supposed to go on crashes in the ocean...while Jodie claims that she traveled to some planet and back...no one believed her but in the end they could not justify some 14-15 seconds of data or the lack of data...That is the part I am talking about...

I love sci-fi...I watch all the TV shows about universe...i will watch anything in the sci-fi genre...even if it had KRK as the main lead😆😆...One of the reasons I was so excited for PK from the start was that there were rumors going around that Aamir was an alien in the movie😆...although it didn't turn out to be sci-fi...oh well🤔😆

Remember the part where the space ship she is supposed to go on crashes in the ocean...while Jodie claims that she traveled to some planet and back...no one believed her but in the end they could not justify some 14-15 seconds of data or the lack of data...That is the part I am talking about...

I love sci-fi...I watch all the TV shows about universe...i will watch anything in the sci-fi genre...even if it had KRK as the main lead😆😆...One of the reasons I was so excited for PK from the start was that there were rumors going around that Aamir was an alien in the movie😆...although it didn't turn out to be sci-fi...oh well🤔😆

If you like Sci-fi,..

then rather start watching Dr. Kaku's videos on YT and

Many of interesting TED videos, instead of  Hollywood's fake and  camerpgraphy art /  VFX effects movies,...  be it Armageddon, Avataar, gravity, deep impact ,  Mars attacks, core,  time-machine or anyone. I have seen almost all  such movies,..   !  They all are on imagination   and cinematography,.. !   Even recent movie Gravity had seen many humbugs which do not actually happens in space,. !

Einstein had put that first condition that nthg in this universe can travel at the speed of light,. And  recently the scientists ( Swiss Big Bang Project ) said they had found photons traveling even faster,

Later they all  admitted that they had done wrong in their calculation,. And error was on their part.

Think over,.  A vehicle traveling at the speed of light, and say if it turns ON its headlight,... What will happen ?  - The light will never turn ON? Since it, itself is traveling at the same speed? So,. it's not possible,..

Give a try on this Kaku's video,.. 

http://www.snehasallapam.com/3312922-post8267.html

and btw,..

An asteroid is nearly to miss/strike to earth,. And in relation to, videos here,..

Edited by Truth10 - 9 years ago

You being the keyword here...we are just assuming that the alien was like us...what if he was not?? What if his DNA was entirely different from us?? What if he was able to ASSESS what we humans can't do with are limited abilities...Maybe he just chose the shape of a human to blend in but was totally different from us?? Its a sci-fi concept and the possibilities can be endless...that is why we should pay more attention to the message and not ponder about the technicalities...even Hirani didn't bother to explain a lot of things to us...it didn't matter in the first place..

I see your point, that, this was not a sci-fi movie in the first place,..

But even if the Siamese twins are if separated,.. after a longer age,.. they can not just start walking  normally and immediately, due to that joined habit -
I dunno if you had seen that Hollywood movie on this !

So,. any creature from other planet will get some time to get used to with its gravity, regardless whatso DNA the creature it may have,... 
all the rats-frog and dogs-cats  also fly in the  space -shuttle, just like we human do !
-Arsal- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Truth10

If you like Sci-fi,..

then rather start watching Dr. Kaku's videos on YT and

Many of interesting TED videos, instead of  Hollywood's fake and  camerpgraphy art /  VFX effects movies,...  be it Armageddon, Avataar, gravity, deep impact ,  Mars attacks, core,  time-machine or anyone. I have seen almost all  such movies,..   !  They all are on imagination   and cinematography,.. !   Even recent movie Gravity had seen many humbugs which do not actually happens in space,. !

Einstein had put that first condition that nthg in this universe can travel at the speed of light,. And  recently the scientists ( Swiss Big Bang Project ) said they had found photons traveling even faster,

Later they all  admitted that they had done wrong in their calculation,. And error was on their part.

Think over,.  A vehicle traveling at the speed of light, and say if it turns ON its headlight,... What will happen ?  - The light will never turn ON? Since it, itself is traveling at the same speed? So,. it's not possible,..

Give a try on this Kaku's video,.. 

http://www.snehasallapam.com/3312922-post8267.html

and btw,..

An asteroid is nearly to miss/strike to earth,. And in relation to, videos here,..

Hollywood gets a lot of stuff wrong, but it gets a great deal of it right as well. Its fiction yes, but it has its basis in science. The Light-sabers, warp travel, space ships all of it is possible in distant future. I would say we would have our first voyage to the next star system in the next 80-100 years.

I know Kaku, have attended one of his lectures. Was just okay TBH but we got to ask questions later which was fun. If you want to know about universe and stuff in detail, a good way to start is by watching Carl Sagan's and then later Neil Tyson's brilliant series; Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey.

Those were not photons, photos are light. Anyway its all speculation at this point. For anything to go faster than the speed of light will turn our whole understanding of nature upside down.

As for a vehicle traveling at light speed, well first of all it will require an infinite amount of energy to push it so that speed and as a result will gain infinite mass. Hence the reason you can never go at light speed.

50%, 80%, even 99(theoretically) but never the speed of light. So the light will always be there ahead of you even if by a fraction of second.