return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

This too...

https://twitter.com/godhatesfagswbc
Originally posted by: BeingAnonymous

Well on ground reality it is nothing but mere propaganda whether Vishwa Hindu Parishad does or these ppl do , The providing of benefits to poor is most important route taken and the poor who have no ends meet convert because any religion doesnt matter to them at all  it is only basic needs  which all these ppl exploit 

This person can get arrested as constitution of India doesnt allow this

So basically you have reiterated what I said with added emphasis on Indian Constitution & "repeated mention" of "Vishwa Hindu Parishad etc etc".. okies.. point duly noted ! 😉 😆.. Hindus ain't no saints either ! 😆.. 
ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Quixotic5

So basically you have reiterated what I said with added emphasis on Indian Constitution & "repeated mention" of "Vishwa Hindu Parishad etc etc".. okies.. point duly noted ! 😉 😆.. Hindus ain't no saints either ! 😆.. 

Lol so u wanna say it is not happening ?it is just not Vishwa hindu Parishad but everyone else , why do u get offended if someone points fact u seem so obsessed that Hindus dont do any wrong pls give it a break those parties are no saint who are doing be it Pope or Vishwa Hindu Parishad or the maulana or seem to do what they do best exploit poor in name of religion ,
The constitution doesnt allow as si mple as that
Originally posted by: BeingAnonymous

Lol so u wanna say it is not happening ?it is just not Vishwa hindu Parishad but everyone else , why do u get offended if someone points fact u seem so obsessed that Hindus dont do any wrong pls give it a break those parties are no saint who are doing be it Pope or Vishwa Hindu Parishad or the maulana or seem to do what they do best exploit poor in name of religion ,

The constitution doesnt allow as si mple as that

lol.. no thats not what i meant & i certainly wasnt offended by any of it .. i just couldnt help but notice how you repeated the name of  Vishwa Hindu Parishad & then "etc etc " for my benefit & hence i pointed it out.. coz people here seem to think i have a problem with accepting & acknowledging the malpractices in my religion just because i defended my faith against some of the absurd posts here.. going by your reply , it confirms my theory .. you clearly stated that i took an offence to your post when clearly that wasnt the case..    

Edited by Quixotic5 - 9 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
In the aftermath of PK, the lesson learned is that man and religion is like Gollum and his preciousss. One would rather jump in the fiery flames of Mount Doom that give up preciousss. Anyone who says otherwise are nasty orcses or filthy lying hobbits. 
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

In the aftermath of PK, the lesson learned is that man and religion is like Gollum and his preciousss. One would rather jump in the fiery flames of Mount Doom that give up preciousss. Anyone who says otherwise are nasty orcses or filthy lying hobbits. 

Yes , its something like the equation between Feminists & Feminism.. 😆.. 

P.S.. Feminism is no less than a crazy religion , is it now ?.. 😛

So if you can vehemently defend the freaky concept like that , you are hardly eligible to pass sarcastic remarks on people who defend their sane faith ..
Edited by Quixotic5 - 9 years ago
firework thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

So then we have all watched different versions of a movie called PK? One group says It has targeted Hinduism coz India is predominantly Hindu Country... and the other group says it has targated ALL religions. - Please direct me to this group saying ALL religions. All religions would include - Hinduism (already included), Sikh, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists and Jain. That's 6 religions in total. Is it realistically possible to make a movie on all religions in India?

There in lies the problem. The makers tried to do go beyond what their reach is. If u want to bring all religions that exists in India, then do justice to all malpractices of those religions, I understand your point on all religions, but just don't think it was feasible for them to include all religions in the movie when 80% of the population is Hindu. dont single out one religion. If u cant do that then just let let alien have exp. with only one religion. 

When u bring other religions and single out only one to make a mockery, thats insulting. I have watched many HW movies where they question Cristianity. But not in comaparisions to put it down against other religions.  I saw no such comparison that would lead anyone to believe other religions are better than Hinduism in PK.

My question still goes unanswered. The posters Aamir sticking of Hindu Devi-devtas saying "lapata (missing) , it wud take one more minute to stich posters of "Allha-missing, Mohammad- missing, Budha- missing, Jesus- missing, Guru Nanak- missing"... That wud have covered all religions that matter to India. Wud Hirani-Aamir have guts to do that??????????? This is a hypothetical scenario, only Hirani-Aamir know if they have the guts or not. But if they have the guts to target Hinduism (nearly 80% of the population in our country) while the rest make up 20% --  Muslims (12-13%), Christians (2-3%), Buddhists (0.8%), Jain (0.4%) then I don't see why they didn't have the guts to take on the others, which are relatively in minority. I already see enough people offended by how Hinduism is targeted in the movie and I'm a Hindu too. -- http://censusindia.gov.in/%28S%28lag10eyfzlu3msqloxfrtsef%29%29/Census_And_You/religion.aspx [tried to look for the latest numbers but couldn't find going with 2001]

But, PK raises serious questions.. and its very much on Hinduism only. Fraud baba is not good.. what abt Osama or Dawood? Fraud baba usually try to depict they have a psychic power or magical ability to heal people and solve their problems. Since when did Osama and Dawood act like "God men". They committed crimes in the name of religion by interpreting religion negatively. The topic of terrorism is too vast to be in a movie like PK. Do not not single out one religion when compared with others.

On a light note, if I talk abt Khans here, ppl start mocking HR coz i m HR fans... thats what happens comparisions take place. 

And Bo numbers says Hinduism is progressive and tolerant society as it has always been for 5000 years. 😊

Edited by Oblivion111 - 9 years ago
dhakarn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I haven't watched the film yet , but from some reviews that are saying that it is a bit similar like OMG , i think it is saying what many already know from time immemorial but don't practise , bec its not practical in these diverse world of poor-rich, creed n color divide... 
 it doesn't take to have rocket science knowledge to know the simple fact that 'man' created 'religion' ... n mostly all the religious texts say how to live life in peace n harmony n not to kill each other ... again its the 'man' who is 'making the religion poisonous' ... 

as a hindu , i don't think hinduism is a religion ... it has never been ... it is described as 'way of life' ... u can select ur way , no pressure ... u can b an idol worshipper - ur choice ... u can be a bhrahman worshipper - ur choice ... u can go naked n live like u want , the aghoras - ur choice ---------- but always know that 'tat twam asi' ...  the omnipotent is 'u' ...  Hinduism is given the TAG of religion bec u need it for birth certificate, school admission n what not!

i remember reading a sloka in vedas - which roughly translates to a prayer my a man asking forgiveness from GOD for his ignorance about the GOD ... he is telling GOD to forgive him for going to a tiny temple n worshipping GOD there when he knows in his heart that the whole world is the residence of GOD ... he is telling GOD to forgive him for imagining GOD in stone idols n daring to give a shape to GOD when he very well knows in his heart that GOD is 'niraakaar' ... the sloka goes like this ... n at last he explains to GOD why he is doing what he is doing bec he is a mere human n doesn't know better ...as a human he always wants n seeks a symbol of hope n trust n belief n that's why his clumsy efforts like temples n idols to reach GOD ...  i think the sloka sums up the whole concept of religions n faiths ... n what films like OMG n PK r trying to say ...

Edited by dhakarn - 9 years ago
firework thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: dhakarn

I haven't watched the film yet , but from some reviews that are saying that it is a bit similar like OMG , i think it is saying what many already know from time immemorial but don't practise , bec its not practical in these diverse world of poor-rich, creed n color divide... 

it doesn't take to have rocket science knowledge to know the simple fact that 'man' created 'religion' ... n mostly all the religious texts say how to live life in peace n harmony n not to kill each other ... again its the 'man' who is 'making the religion poisonous' ... 

as a hindu , i don't think hinduism is a religion ... it has never been ... it is described as 'way of life' ... u can select ur way , no pressure ... u can b an idol worshipper - ur choice ... u can be a bhrahman worshipper - ur choice ... u can go naked n live like u want , the aghoras - ur choice ---------- but always know that 'tat twam asi' ...  the omnipotent is 'u' ...  Hinduism is given the TAG of religion bec u need it for birth certificate, school admission n what not!

i remember reading a sloka in vedas - which roughly translates to a prayer my a man asking forgiveness from GOD for his ignorance about the GOD ... he is telling GOD to forgive him for going to a tiny temple n worshipping GOD there when he knows in his heart that the whole world is the residence of GOD ... he is telling GOD to forgive him for imagining GOD in stone idols n daring to give a shape to GOD when he very well knows in his heart that GOD is 'niraakaar' ... the sloka goes like this ... n at last he explains to GOD why he is doing what he is doing bec he is a mere human n doesn't know better ...as a human he always wants n seeks a symbol of hope n trust n belief n that's why his clumsy efforts like temples n idols to reach GOD ...  i think the sloka sums up the whole concept of religions n faiths ... n what films like OMG n PK r trying to say ...

@bold: Sums up the movie 👏👏

Thank you for talking about slokas. Makes sense. Very interesting read!

Edited by Oblivion111 - 9 years ago