The Dark Lord

Junoonian thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

O Teri!...

Sorry... didn't want to start out swearing, but today's epi!!!

Sahir, Sahir, Sahir... tch tch tch... you are being a very naughty boy... Arzoo mataji is gonna take your trip when the truth comes out. I just know it.

Note to writers: Please don't make Arzoo forgive him too easily.

Another note to writers: Start revealing the past that has scarred Sahir so much. Otherwise Sahir will become way too dark without any justification.

What I really want to know is, what exactly did Zeenat do to turn this artistic, crazy-promise-making shayar into this everything-goes guy who despite his inner turmoil, guilt and conscience kicking his ass, is still without any hesitation, willing to put the life of the woman he loves in danger! I mean seriously! That is dark!

This is the territory of the dark lord - no, not Voldemort! The original big screen dark lord - Darth Vader.

We thought that we saw his scheming, Machiavellian side yesterday when he had the whole sham of a presentation at work. But today Sahir surpassed himself!

I know there is love for Arzoo there... but God! This man is cold! Scary shit this!

I am, needless to say, finding the story and character madly attractive, because it is so warped and dark. But wow! These guys are pushing the envelope on the whole dark side of Sahir. Not sure about this cause of my limited soap knowledge... but I don't think there is any other TV hero portrayed like this... right?

I was taken aback by Sahir today - he did plumb the depths of manipulation today. My only consolation and reason for still loving the character is that, I believe redemption is around the corner... maybe not the next corner... but one of the corners around the next corner. Another reason being that through it all... when she was thanking him for standing up for her in the meeting, when she was thanking him for saving his life and when she pleaded with him to never put his life in danger ever again... one could see that his guilt was barely under control. Now Sahir is going to find that his greatest burden is not his promise to Zeenat but the guilt of conning an innocent.

And then that smile... Was it a smile or a smirk or a grimace filled to the brim with self loathing that he gave to Zaki. Oh Sahir, what are you doing to yourself!? Why, oh why? For a woman you hate?

How do you recompense for all the pain you are causing to the ones you love? How do you make up to Arzoo for this betrayal? You are hurting Zaki too but in his case the hurt was inevitable as Arzoo would have told him sooner or later that she doesn't love him, when she realises that Zaki is misunderstanding her friendship. But this poor kid really doesn't deserve to have her trust in love jolted this bad.  

And today after a long time I felt for Zaki. Away from his posturing and preening, when he is faced with reality, his heartbreak is... heartbreaking. It is interesting to note that he is not blaming her here. But he is blaming himself for not seeing that Arzoo loves his brother. The form of address is still aap'. And he is still not thinking of her as a gold digger... maybe it will come later... hope not. Here is a chance for Zaki to not be a typical rejected lover... but to reveal greater depths of character.

In today's epi, Zaki was definitely the hero and Sahir very firmly entrenched himself in the anti-hero section...

I am so curious to know how this story will proceed - this character has managed to shock me. And I love it.

And somebody give Harshad Chopra a best actor award just for that smile/smirk full of self-loathing. That was superb. Hands down impressive! I now completely get the hype surrounding the actor.

Shivya is also really good... Just her luck that she is acting opposite someone who overshadows everyone else's work with his ability to switch from one expression to another with such consummate ease.  

And Arzoo baby... be strong... tough days around the corner for you.

PS: Didn't think I would post today cause I am in the middle of packing... but this Humsafars and this Sahir... dammit... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

true2heart thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Junoon, I am absolutely loving it, I wrote pretty much about Sahir's dark character today, I do not watch serials either so I have nothing to compare him with. but the only one that comes into my mind is SRK's Baazigar. HC truly rocked, he and Sahir became one, the man with a mask had his face completely covered and did what he had to do. The salvation may or may not come later but for now, he has his work cut out. 
You are absolutely right, Sahir overshadows all the characters around him,  when he is on the screen, my eyes are always fixated on him because he is so expressive. He doesn't need too many words, his body language and eyes tell you everything you need to know about him. His inner conflict, his jealousy, his love, his pain, are all out there, and I watch him because I love the flitting emotions on his face. HC has already won all the awards in my eyes, he is an actor par excellence. 

Zaki surprisingly was restrained today. No OTT acting, no hysterics, he just accepted quietly that the girl he loves with all his heart actually loves his brother. He cried and my heart went out to him because he accepted deffeat so easily. He knows Sahir is playing with her feelings but if he reveals his brother's true face to her, she will be very hurt. I shudder to think what Arzoo will go through when she finds out that everything Sahir did was a sham. 

N though Sahir is playing an unfair game, he is not unaffected either. He tries to tell himself that he did the right thing but he fails. I loved the part where he tells Arzoo that had she died his life would have ended, knowing very well that it was all fake, Later at the pool scene, when arzoo repeats the same words to him, you can see the guilt on his face when she cries yet a minute later his sarcastic smile to his brother to show he won is just so ruthless. 

Suddenly the story has taken a sinister turn and though I am loving it, I do hope that they do not turn SAC into a completely dark character. Its turning out like a thriller rather than a love story,, you never know whats awaiting you at the next turn. But I do miss the lightheartedness and the banter than existed between the leads earlier. Hope the Cvs soon bring it back. 
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
For starters I liked your adjective Machiavellian but I dont think it necessarily fits here . Machiavelli doesn't believe mixing business with personal life. I do believe Saahir has done that here with Zaki and Arzoo. Machiavelli endorsed an anything goes policy only at work.
Edited by redviolet - 9 years ago
Junoonian thumbnail
Originally posted by: redviolet

For starters I liked your adjective Machiavellian but I dont think it necessarily fits here . I read Machiavelli myself and he doesnt believe mixing business with personal life. I do believe Saahir has done that here with Zaki and Arzoo. Machiavelli endorsed an anyting goes policy only at work.

Hi red thanks for commenting.
Actually according to OED Machiavellian is apt for both state craft and general conduct. 
However Machiavelli himself was all about employing his cunning only in matters of the state like our very own Kautilya or Chanakya.
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Junoonian

Hi red thanks for commenting.
Actually according to OED Machiavellian is apt for both state craft and general conduct. 
However Machiavelli himself was all about employing his cunning only in matters of the state like our very own Kautilya or Chanakya.

Ok perhaps I had it misinterpreted! Saahir Sab should def try for politics! He would be more successful there than even business and fashion perhaps!
Junoonian thumbnail
Originally posted by: true2heart

Junoon, I am absolutely loving it, I wrote pretty much about Sahir's dark character today, I do not watch serials either so I have nothing to compare him with. but the only one that comes into my mind is SRK's Baazigar. HC truly rocked, he and Sahir became one, the man with a mask had his face completely covered and did what he had to do. The salvation may or may not come later but for now, he has his work cut out. 

You are absolutely right, Sahir overshadows all the characters around him,  when he is on the screen, my eyes are always fixated on him because he is so expressive. He doesn't need too many words, his body language and eyes tell you everything you need to know about him. His inner conflict, his jealousy, his love, his pain, are all out there, and I watch him because I love the flitting emotions on his face. HC has already won all the awards in my eyes, he is an actor par excellence. 
Totally Agree.

Zaki surprisingly was restrained today. No OTT acting, no hysterics, he just accepted quietly that the girl he loves with all his heart actually loves his brother. He cried and my heart went out to him because he accepted deffeat so easily. He knows Sahir is playing with her feelings but if he reveals his brother's true face to her, she will be very hurt. I shudder to think what Arzoo will go through when she finds out that everything Sahir did was a sham. 
Yes even I felt that Zaki redeemed his character by not once thinking her a gold digger. Maybe it is not an infatuation after all for him😭

N though Sahir is playing an unfair game, he is not unaffected either. He tries to tell himself that he did the right thing but he fails. I loved the part where he tells Arzoo that had she died his life would have ended, knowing very well that it was all fake, Later at the pool scene, when arzoo repeats the same words to him, you can see the guilt on his face when she cries yet a minute later his sarcastic smile to his brother to show he won is just so ruthless. 
God! That smile! It was scary and painful at the same time. And yes when she cries and tells him that she loves him and all after the pool rescue, you could see that he was genuinely touched and believed her. It was also evident in the hesitation he experienced hugging her back. When he was out to seduce her, he touched her without any compunction, but this time his hands were hesitant - like in the hospital scene. And then he sees Zaki and the shift occurs. 

Suddenly the story has taken a sinister turn and though I am loving it, I do hope that they do not turn SAC into a completely dark character. Its turning out like a thriller rather than a love story,, you never know whats awaiting you at the next turn. But I do miss the lightheartedness and the banter than existed between the leads earlier. Hope the Cvs soon bring it back. 

I know Trueheart! This is all rather heavy stuff. But the thing is that until everything is out in the open and forgiven, even the light moments are going to be suspect cause we are going to constantly second guess Sahir. 

feminist thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Junoonian

O Teri!...

Sorry... didn't want to start out swearing, but today's epi!!!

Sahir, Sahir, Sahir... tch tch tch... you are being a very naughty boy... Arzoo mataji is gonna take your trip when the truth comes out. I just know it.

Note to writers: Please don't make Arzoo forgive him too easily.

Another note to writers: Start revealing the past that has scarred Sahir so much. Otherwise Sahir will become way too dark without any justification.

What I really want to know is, what exactly did Zeenat do to turn this artistic, crazy-promise-making shayar into this everything-goes guy who despite his inner turmoil, guilt and conscience kicking his ass, is still without any hesitation, willing to put the life of the woman he loves in danger! I mean seriously! That is dark!

This is the territory of the dark lord - no, not Voldemort! The original big screen dark lord - Darth Vader.

We thought that we saw his scheming, Machiavellian side yesterday when he had the whole sham of a presentation at work. But today Sahir surpassed himself!

I know there is love for Arzoo there... but God! This man is cold! Scary shit this!

I am, needless to say, finding the story and character madly attractive, because it is so warped and dark. But wow! These guys are pushing the envelope on the whole dark side of Sahir. Not sure about this cause of my limited soap knowledge... but I don't think there is any other TV hero portrayed like this... right?

I was taken aback by Sahir today - he did plumb the depths of manipulation today. My only consolation and reason for still loving the character is that, I believe redemption is around the corner... maybe not the next corner... but one of the corners around the next corner. Another reason being that through it all... when she was thanking him for standing up for her in the meeting, when she was thanking him for saving his life and when she pleaded with him to never put his life in danger ever again... one could see that his guilt was barely under control. Now Sahir is going to find that his greatest burden is not his promise to Zeenat but the guilt of conning an innocent.

And then that smile... Was it a smile or a smirk or a grimace filled to the brim with self loathing that he gave to Zaki. Oh Sahir, what are you doing to yourself!? Why, oh why? For a woman you hate?

How do you recompense for all the pain you are causing to the ones you love? How do you make up to Arzoo for this betrayal? You are hurting Zaki too but in his case the hurt was inevitable as Arzoo would have told him sooner or later that she doesn't love him, when she realises that Zaki is misunderstanding her friendship. But this poor kid really doesn't deserve to have her trust in love jolted this bad.  

And today after a long time I felt for Zaki. Away from his posturing and preening, when he is faced with reality, his heartbreak is... heartbreaking. It is interesting to note that he is not blaming her here. But he is blaming himself for not seeing that Arzoo loves his brother. The form of address is still aap'. And he is still not thinking of her as a gold digger... maybe it will come later... hope not. Here is a chance for Zaki to not be a typical rejected lover... but to reveal greater depths of character.

In today's epi, Zaki was definitely the hero and Sahir very firmly entrenched himself in the anti-hero section...

I am so curious to know how this story will proceed - this character has managed to shock me. And I love it.

And somebody give Harshad Chopra a best actor award just for that smile/smirk full of self-loathing. That was superb. Hands down impressive! I now completely get the hype surrounding the actor.

Shivya is also really good... Just her luck that she is acting opposite someone who overshadows everyone else's work with his ability to switch from one expression to another with such consummate ease.  

And Arzoo baby... be strong... tough days around the corner for you.

PS: Didn't think I would post today cause I am in the middle of packing... but this Humsafars and this Sahir... dammit... 

Hellooo Apu!!!! I am sooo with you I felt like strangling Sahir even secretly wished he would lose his breath ugggh he made me get so maaad. ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜¡
Junoonian thumbnail
Originally posted by: redviolet

Ok perhaps I had it misinterpreted! Saahir Sab should def try for politics! He would be more successful there than even business and fashion perhaps!

I swear! He actually scared me today. With those shifts and the willingness to focus on showing Zaki that Arzoo doesn't love him - all in the middle of realising that Arzoo truly loves him.
Politics... mafia... all options ðŸ˜†
does Rehman even know what he is up against!
Junoonian thumbnail
Originally posted by: feminist

Hellooo Apu!!!! I am sooo with you I felt like strangling Sahir even secretly wished he would lose his breath ugggh he made me get so maaad. ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜¡

I am going to call you Femi ðŸ˜Š Ok with you? 
Today was a shocker right! Till now I could somehow justify a lot of Sahir's madness, but today was beyond justification. I hope, really hope they don't make him do anything else that is lowdown. 
I am still shaking my head in disbelief! 
Am glad that I will be travelling for a while cause it will give me space and time to digest this new Sahir... though by the time I return I think we will have another Sahir. Mausam ki tarah badlti mizaaz and all...
Best of luck with the exams. ðŸ¤—

feminist thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ok Apu l. Btw Apu means big sister in bengali so just wanted to clarify that haha

femi sounds totally fine. Btw if you are travelling will that mean you wont be come on India forums? Will miss you

and thankyouuu <3