Poolside Prattling

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Poolside Prattling  OR
A Pool, A Poet, A Parrot, A Preyasi and the Punters....

Arzoo barges in as usual in Sahir's room while he is busy in his futile attempts to write poetry. Asharfi is sitting on Arzoo's shoulder.

Arzoo: <with big smile on her face>Thank you very much Sahir sir for your prompt action regarding my egg allergy. You saved my life today.

Sahir: <Gruffly>Don't mention it. It is what people in love would do. <Irritable now>Is that enough of proof for you of my love? Or should I next jump in the pool and hold my breath now till you say ILU to me?
(Thinking in his mind - I really don't want to jump into this pool today. Arif has forgotten to clean it. )

Arzoo: <Quickly interjecting>No sir, you don't have to jump into the pool.  
(Thinking to herself - I am afraid of water. I really don't want to go anywhere near it. )

Sahir: <Impatiently tapping his foot while looking at his watch>Well then, what's the holdup.  Why won't you say ILU to me?

Asharfi shrieking in between: Gabbar Chaudhary !!!

Arzoo: <firmly>Sir, I need to discuss this with Asharfi first before I say anything. I will talk to you tomorrow. Khuda Hafeez.

Saying this Arzoo turns to leave.  Asharfi who at that instant is in the process of jumping from Arzoo's shoulder to Sahir's hand loses her balance & lands into the pool beak first. She starts flapping her wings frantically splashing water everywhere. Arzoo starts screaming that Asharfi can't swim. Sahir gets up from his chair in confusion.

Before he can take a single step, "Sahir ki adaaon ka diwana' Rehman aur "Arzoo ki adaoon ka diwana" Zaki both burst into the room and dive straightway into the pool. The impact of this combined force pushes Asharfi from water and she flies straight onto Sahir's head.

Zaki is shouting "Jahan Aara kahan hai aap" and Rehman is shouting "Sahir Saheb Sahir Saheb". Lots of water has splashed outside of the pool by now. Arzoo is staring open mouthed looking at these 2 men in the pool. Sahir is silently fuming at this turn of the events while wiping the water from his face that Asharfi's wings are dripping on him. 

At this point Zaki and Rehman realize that they are actually holding each other. They quickly let go and try to get out of the pool from opposite end while sputtering something red faced. 

The room is deathly quiet where the men from the pool are shivering, Sahir is boiling in anger and Arzoo is standing dumbstruck. 

The silence is broken when Asharfi indignantly shrieks "ZarMan"...😡