Posted: 9 years ago
Hey guys, don't you people think that when paridhi speaks English it feels like she's forcing herself to talk in English.. She pronounces some words very differently..
I did not really notice that. I do notice that she has a heavy accent when speaking English, but not anything particularly noticeable. Please give an example. 😊
Am I in the minority in that it doesn't bother me πŸ˜•.  
Originally posted by Xarina

Am I in the minority in that it doesn't bother meπŸ˜•.

I don't know. But, I certainly did not notice anything odd about Paridhis English. I am so used to hearing Indian people talk in English that any unusual pronunciation does not really get my attention.

she doesn't have a foreign accent which her character demands.the way she pronounced favourite was very much indian.mayb her eng is not stylish compared 2 devoleena,rucha n gia

Originally posted by akshaya8428

Hey guys, don't you people think that when paridhi speaks English it feels like she's forcing herself to talk in English.. She pronounces some words very differently..
I think I heard her say favourite as fey-wa-rit (phonetic rendition of Paridhis accent). But I think that is how many Indians say favourite when talking in English.

Example: We will prepare your favourite dish sounds something like "Vee vill preepeyar yooar feywarit dish" πŸ˜† when spoken with an Indian accent. But the accent also changes slightly from place to place as well. 😊
Originally posted by jasminerahul

she doesn't have a foreign accent which her character demands.the way she pronounced favourite was very much indian.mayb her eng is not stylish compared 2 devoleena,rucha n gia

I have not listened very close to how Lovey speaks in English when she is in her role as Paridhi, but I do know there is a difference in how she speaks English compared to the other characters. But nothing in particular. If Vivaan was not there bullying Paridhi, I could listen more closely to her. But, now, I am waiting for the dust to settle. I don't like seeing Paridhi hurt. Her being crest fallen and almost ready to leave Modi Bhavan itself was to much for me to bear.   πŸ˜­Edited by skanthan - 9 years ago
Originally posted by skanthan

I did not really notice that. I do notice that she has a heavy accent when speaking English, but not anything particularly noticeable. Please give an example. 😊
WHHHAATT  ????????  U DID NOT NOTICE

πŸ˜†

FHHASHTT   for fast

even Hindi - "jongee"  for  jaaungi

fayshhion  for  fashion

coummpletely  for  completely

uonion  for  union

sickkk she is--- i want her to be thrown out of modi
I have heard a few Indians talk in English the way you described Paridhi as talking. Thus I did not find anything unusual about the way she speaks.

Also, when the show comes on, I am reading the subtitles so I don't pay any real attention to how Paridhi is talking.
While watching today's episode I heard the way Paridhi was speaking. It did seemed like she was forcing the English words out. It sounded like she was losing her voice or something.  I don't know if it was dubbed but it seemed wrong.