Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mudraswathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Few days ago I made a post- titled," What was the shocking revelation you heard in this forum". Many people replied with many of the shocks they received during their forum journey. But for me, one of the biggest shocks after Dr. Malvika ji is the banner contest and how it was handled.

I am here since 25th January 2012. I have joined IF just for KTLK. I have made some 500+ posts here. So almost seen every up and down with the forum and always stayed a third party. But somehow this time I am unable to stomach this contest and its voting system. Our mod Tanu (who is also a veteran in the IF world) herself expressed many times that this is the best forum she had ever seen.

I can tell you the  reasons why. From the simplest fun posts to the most tedious FFs, Use of emoticons to the creation of VMs, silly polls to the most beautiful song posts were made with such a passion towards AshNi and the forumiites' interests.
Second reason was, more than the TV show, we have become a virtual family which made us tick together even after almost two years since show has gone off air. Very friendly bonds made us collectively laugh, spam, make fun and even cry.

So in all this winning a contest should not matter at all... But sadly, rules were made and altered at the convenience of certain participants. One can make a mistake once. But some more rules were altered again after the voting began. This is an open forum so any body with creative zeal can participate and showcase their talents. I can tell on behalf of KTLK forum regular visitors, that everyone would appreciate such talent surely. Again, certain participants (newbies) find some of the entries to be removed as they are not upto the quality. Again, mods failed to take any action to such comments. They woke up only when  Suvika gave reply to the newbie.

No doubt about the so called great entries.. but what is the use if the soul is missing.. But at the sametime, some of the entries were made based on the 'pulse' of the forum than any other excellence in creating banners. Thus giving a "homely" look to a bare house!!! One may give us a diamond..but what is the use of it, if it is not cut to our tastes!!! A separate voting round was conducted without even revealing what went wrong and who were the culprits! Some members have decided about a contest here. We -the regular KTLK forum members have hardly seen them here anytime in the last two years atleast! may be some of them have never even come to the forum even once. How can they decide what banner is good and what is bad! If mods say, these are the forum rules, then may I humbly point out, that it is hightime  there is a need to review and make changes to them?

I am not undermining anybody's talent. May the "best entry" win the contest. This best entry is hardly voted by any one who is regular here. So please do us a favour - donot change our original banner with it.

Finally, these are almost my last days in the forum due to personal reasons. Leaving the forum with a bad taste in the mouth!
bawaswift thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Then nothing is left in this forum for me too... 
I come here to contribute to keep the forum alive as much as my life permits me... N if this is the condition here... then why i will come here for ?? 
I too am shocked to see the banner contest got shelved.. but why Dee's banners... ???? for what I mean... ??????? Ridiculous... awful...shocking,,,,  πŸ˜² πŸ˜• 
bawaswift thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mudraswathi

Few days ago I made a post- titled," What was the shocking revelation you heard in this forum". Many people replied with many of the shocks they received during their forum journey. But for me, one of the biggest shocks after Dr. Malvika ji is the banner contest and how it was handled.

I am here since 25th January 2012. I have joined IF just for KTLK. I have made some 500+ posts here. So almost seen every up and down with the forum and always stayed a third party. But somehow this time I am unable to stomach this contest and its voting system. Our mod Tanu (who is also a veteran in the IF world) herself expressed many times that this is the best forum she had ever seen.

I can tell you the  reasons why. From the simplest fun posts to the most tedious FFs, Use of emoticons to the creation of VMs, silly polls to the most beautiful song posts were made with such a passion towards AshNi and the forumiites' interests. 
Second reason was, more than the TV show, we have become a virtual family which made us tick together even after almost two years since show has gone off air. Very friendly bonds made us collectively laugh, spam, make fun and even cry.

So in all this winning a contest should not matter at all... But sadly, rules were made and altered at the convenience of certain participants. One can make a mistake once. But some more rules were altered again after the voting began. This is an open forum so any body with creative zeal can participate and showcase their talents. I can tell on behalf of KTLK forum regular visitors, that everyone would appreciate such talent surely. Again, certain participants (newbies) find some of the entries to be removed as they are not upto the quality. Again, mods failed to take any action to such comments. They woke up only when  Suvika gave reply to the newbie. 

No doubt about the so called great entries.. but what is the use if the soul is missing.. But at the sametime, some of the entries were made based on the 'pulse' of the forum than any other excellence in creating banners. Thus giving a "homely" look to a bare house!!! One may give us a diamond..but what is the use of it, if it is not cut to our tastes!!! A separate voting round was conducted without even revealing what went wrong and who were the culprits! Some members have decided about a contest here. We -the regular KTLK forum members have hardly seen them here anytime in the last two years atleast! may be some of them have never even come to the forum even once. How can they decide what banner is good and what is bad! If mods say, these are the forum rules, then may I humbly point out, that it is hightime  there is a need to review and make changes to them?

I am not undermining anybody's talent. May the "best entry" win the contest. This best entry is hardly voted by any one who is regular here. So please do us a favour - donot change our original banner with it. 

Finally, these are almost my last days in the forum due to personal reasons. Leaving the forum with a bad taste in the mouth!

Mudra di ... You must take this to the Mods... n to Tanu di especially... cos this is clearly mentioned there at the new contest.. that no comments or chats n only votes.. ! And I dont think that they will read our comments here.. 
N btw.. i have posted my query there... πŸ˜³ πŸ˜•
Edited by bawaswift - 9 years ago
Suvika. thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: bawaswift

Mudra di ... You must take this to the Mods... n to Tanu di especially... cos this is clearly mentioned there at the new contest.. that no comments or chats n only votes.. ! And I dont think that they will read our comments here.. 
N btw.. i have posted my query there... πŸ˜³ πŸ˜•

No point in taking up to the mods Bhavit because the code of conduct cited for IF seems to vary from members to mods. 

And it is not about Deepa's banners alone. In fact it is not about the banner at all.  It is about the way this whole thing was handled. We are the members of this forum. And we voted our choices. Then without a word or basic courtesy, they passed out a statement saying that there has been a foul play and nullified all the votes. Why give us an option to choose and then snatch away that option just because it is not to their liking?? Just make an announcement that the banner is going to be changed and put up a new one. There wouldn't be a discussion of this kind then.

It is about extending courtesy and respect to the members of KTLK forum. About taking their opinions and choices into consideration because at the end of the day WE are the ones who spend time here and see the banner every single day. This is not a forum of an up and running show. It has been archived. The show ended two years ago. And members come here because we have formed a tight-knit circle of friends. And we can't just stand and nod our heads while an unrelated outsider makes the decisions for us. This shut up and put up attitude, no matter how diplomatically stated... I won't accept. 

Friends here have become my family. They held me when i fell apart to pieces. They hugged and held my hand at my every small / big milestone of my life for the past two and half years. If they hurt, I hurt. Here this is a case of hurting my friends AND me. No matter how much this forum matters to me, i will not stay at a place where my friends and I are not respected. 
Anjani9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Why are they not coming here and commenting?
Why is the banner so important for them that they want only their choice to be there and others removed...am still not understanding the basic logic
I know you people are hurt but by leaving what are you achieving...you are making your friends suffer...is that what you want to do???
Deepa, Suvika, Mudraji, please think once again...this is not option and doing this you are whipping us...
mudraswathi thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anjani9

Why are they not coming here and commenting?

Why is the banner so important for them that they want only their choice to be there and others removed...am still not understanding the basic logic
I know you people are hurt but by leaving what are you achieving...you are making your friends suffer...is that what you want to do???
Deepa, Suvika, Mudraji, please think once again...this is not option and doing this you are whipping us...

KTLK Forum contests are suppose to increase the forum activity. Irony is here the contest has increased the overall India Forums' activity and instigating regular members of the forum to leave .

and  friends! I am leaving purely  for personal reasons. I have no intention to make anyone sufferπŸ˜•.. but it is my minimum responsibility to voice out  what is right and what is wrong!
Edited by mudraswathi - 9 years ago
mudraswathi thumbnail
Keeping this post at the top
Aazeen02 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Deepali di, Suja di,
I do respect ur feelings... I know what it must have felt...
I agree this behaviour was hurting, and you do not want any such behaviour to be cast upon u or ur friends in the future...
But di, tell me something, few of u are leaving, but the rest of ur friends are still here... U'd leave them too? What was their mistake to be treated this way? Hmmm?
Aazeen02 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
And suppose Nidhi was ill-treated at Ashutosh's house because of some ill-tactics by an outsider like Mallika...
Tell me, would u have favoured Nidhi leaving the house? Or wud u have opinioned her to stay in the house and fight her injustice and be the deserving member of the home that belongs to her too...?
When in my opinion Nidhi shudn't be leaving Ashutosh's home, you all too certainly shudn't leave this home of ours... After all ye aap sabka bhi toh hai? Baahar wale aayenge, rahenge, but at the end of the day wo sirf baahar wale hain... And unhe jaana hee hai... Unki wajah se why shud be spoil our sweet virtual family and this lovely home?
Aap log mujhe bataaiye!
Suvika. thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
@ Aazeen and Anjani..

Please know that I have no intention of hurting anyone of my readers / friends here. And as for interacting with you all, IF is not the only mod of contact and I think you know that. So that question does not arise. And I am still reachable through PM.

@Aazeen.. as for Nidhi leaving the house, I think you already know the answer. I gave it to you in the OS - Baat Ek Raat Ki.. Sometimes its better to leave. 

Wishing each and every one of you all a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!! 

Take care. Good Luck. 
Edited by Suvika. - 9 years ago