Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

THE RSV CLUB#46-Happy Birthday Twinnie... (Page 86)

.SA. IF-Stunnerz
.SA.
.SA.

Posted: 03 February 2015 at 6:16am | IP Logged

Why is reaching Oscars benchmark for Indian films, asks Balki

Filmmaker R. Balakrishnan, popularly known as Balki, says the aim of Indian movies must be to entertain their audiences with good content, rather than constantly trying to vie for the Academy Awards.

R. Balakrishnan

Filmmaker R. Balakrishnan, popularly known as Balki, says the aim of Indian movies must be to entertain their audiences with good content, rather than constantly trying to vie for the Academy Awards.

Balki, acclaimed for directing movies like "Cheeni Kum" and "Paa", was present at the Rotary Club of Bombay's WOW District Conference 2015, when he was asked whether he feels his next film "Shamitabh" could make the cut for Oscars.

To that, he said: "I firmly believe that the goal of a film is not whether it reaches the Oscars or not, because I don't think they (the jury at Oscars) understand a lot of things we do. I just believe that our films should be damn good for us.

"Why is our benchmark reaching the Oscars? Why isn't our benchmark that what we think is damn good."

Citing the example of the 1977 film "Amar Akbar Anthony", he said: "There are fantastic movies ... can you imagine a film that entertained us phenomenally, which is like say 'Amar Akbar Anthony'. I mean why shouldn't it reach the Oscars?

"I would rather not have one Oscar, and instead have five 'Amar Akbar Anthony' movies."

Balki, who has also been part of the ad world, says he's often asked where India stands according to world standards.

His answer is: "We are far away from the world standard. The world cannot understand us. The Oscars need to understand us, we don't have to try to make it to the Oscars."

i so agree with him .ClapClapClap

oscars mein aise kaunse heere jade hain???SleepySleepy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zehnaseeb

Zehnaseeb IF-Stunnerz
Zehnaseeb
Zehnaseeb

Posted: 03 February 2015 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Symphony-

oh okay thenLOL yep I had a blast!! Didn't sleep for 2 nights straight lol Watched vishal shekhar ka concert aswell:) Ahh it Sucks to have class on ur Bday. U shouldve bunked lol. Mine always comes during summer holz haha. I knew u aren't supposed to ask girls ka age but this salary thing is news to meLOL
OMG for realShockedShocked i'd lie having to stay awake this longLOLLOL Oh did you watch it live??SmileSmile how luckySmile i am yet to go to anyOuchLOLLOL i didApproveLOL went to Uni but didn't go to classLOLLOL mum doesnt let me bunk so..LOLLOL Arre you haven't heard it kya??LOL never ask a women her age, a man his salary and a student his percentage, it hurtsLOL
Zehnaseeb IF-Stunnerz
Zehnaseeb
Zehnaseeb

Posted: 03 February 2015 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .SA.

Yup !!! time sure flies when we are having fun. On this have you seen that episode of Mr Bean when his friends come over for new year and he doesnt have anything to feed them so he gives them tree branches and vinegarROFLROFL and they get so annoyed that they change the time on the watch so they can get out of there, then Mr Bean was all, doesn't time fly when you're enjoying yourselfROFLROFLROFL

I was the quietest one back at the beginning WinkLOLLOL look at me now. I have said & done some things which surprise even me when i think about that. like one of the greeting card says we have loads & loads of *remember whens* WinkWinkLOL
I especially remember the poll thingy & the discussions based on this pic ROFLROFLROFL yep you were, i still remember thatLOL we'd talk all OTT and you'd get all embarrassedROFLROFL and yes look at you nowTongueROFL you're also as besharam as i amTongueROFLROFL i remember that one tooROFLROFL the A,B,C or do poll naROFLROFL
hahahahaahah i remember the discussion on this wali pic tooROFLROFL gosh we were so besharamROFLROFL
and oh yeahhh.. the papad theory too. i still can't believe I came up with it.ShockedShockedROFL
this was after you were around me for a whileApproveROFLROFL
Yes we have discussed each & every subject under the sun.LOLLOL yep we have haven't weLOL talked non stopSmile
Aameen to that.SmileSmile

exactly we moped around for months on end ROFLROFL
 back then it was like our favorite pet had died. we were such fools ,wasted so much time & tears on something which was waaay beyond our control.ROFLROFLROFL CP on thisROFLROFL its such a stupid thing now that we look back at it, but back then we acted like our world came tumbling down more or lessStern SmileLOL and how true is that, why cry over something we cant control..LOL jodis toh are made in heaven..Smile
  yes we have been there thru good times & sad times, when we argued with our bros or with our moms.LOLLOL   Arre Haan, we'd always come and rant here na against themLOLLOL Baatey was hot fav topic back then, which kept us amused for months & months. remember the emoticon story you created Twinnie ??LOLLOL ahhh of course i doEmbarrassedROFL it was mean yes, but it was also geniusCoolROFLROFLi was so freaking mean back then no??ROFLROFL that one was one hell of creation. kept all of us in splits. jokes apart , we can't forget they are still together.kudos to them.but i still say baba cannot act to save his own life.Evil SmileEvil Smile(i know,i know ,i am being nasty but 5 saal purani aadat mushkil se chhutegi na)ROFLROFLROFL and it never should eitherROFLROFL i too give them props for their relationship, but that doesnt excuse his constipated actingTongueROFL 
  koi nahi HugHug we keep in touch , thats more important. yep true thatHugHug
HugHugHug    you are !!! you are my gurumaiyya na!!!
ROFLROFLROFL and you're my cheli my chamchiROFLROFL
 my pleasure absolutely HugHug
HugHug

Edited by Zehnaseeb - 03 February 2015 at 5:53pm
Zehnaseeb IF-Stunnerz
Zehnaseeb
Zehnaseeb

Posted: 03 February 2015 at 5:54pm | IP Logged

okk!!! points for me.WinkTongue  i hated when i had to say i don't know who the current favs are. i still know my Twinnie.ApproveCool
who'd know me better then youHugLOL if i liked anyone else, i would've drooled here over them naLOLLOL i did watch most of the big movies last year but didn't like them..LOLLOLLOL

.SA.

Zehnaseeb IF-Stunnerz
Zehnaseeb
Zehnaseeb

Posted: 03 February 2015 at 5:57pm | IP Logged

HugHug airbrushing & change in the coloring came to my rescue here.TongueLOLLOL
i know you love them a lot ,so had to make siggies on them.LOLLOL
yep it came to the rescue and howLOL like i said, you cant even tell that the pic quality is low since I've googled their pics too and know how pathetic the quality isLOL
and you're one of the rare few who does.. for most people its unknown..LOL but thats the difference between twinnie and others soHugHug 
Zehnaseeb IF-Stunnerz
Zehnaseeb
Zehnaseeb

Posted: 03 February 2015 at 6:00pm | IP Logged

i like them too, both are adorable &  both are missing for a long time now. 
i guess juhi is busy with her kid. Hussain is still playing Prince Zangoora in the musical i think.ErmmErmm

yeah they really have been missing for a very very long time nowOuch wish they'd come back already...OuchOuchOuch but like you said, guess both are busy with other things... regardless of that, Kumkum and Sumit remain the only couple i like who's chemistry was utilized to the fullest... i dont think theres any track out there which they didn't show on these two as a couple soLOL whether it was ex coming back, or deadly diseases, or humshakal, or ML, or the good old shak or creepy stalker Kumkum had it allLOLLOLLOL

.SA.

Zehnaseeb IF-Stunnerz
Zehnaseeb
Zehnaseeb

Posted: 03 February 2015 at 6:02pm | IP Logged

@ bold ROFLROFLROFL
thanks for clarifying. both of them look lost in each other, i had to wonder whether it was either RV's or ishaani's dream sequence.Evil SmileROFLROFL
twinnie you're getting more and more evil day by dayROFLROFLROFL and hawww aise kaise, they lived peacefully with one another for 4 FULL DAYSApproveROFLROFL

.SA.

Zehnaseeb IF-Stunnerz
Zehnaseeb
Zehnaseeb

Posted: 03 February 2015 at 6:04pm | IP Logged

same here. HugHug
HugHug

.SA.

Go to top