CineFanLuver IF-Dazzler
CineFanLuver
CineFanLuver

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 3:22am | IP Logged

Big smile

Arbaaz Khan And Sonam Kapoor's DKD A Remake Of R.S.V.P.? The Real Truth 

By Joginder Tuteja, MovieTalkies.com, 23 December 2014 09:46 AM IST 
Sonam Kapoor, Arbaaz Khan

Arbaaz Khan is flabbergasted. Ever since the promo of his third production Dolly Ki Doli went online (and fetched some very good response for itself), some mischief mongers started spreading the rumor that the film is a copy of Punjabi film R.S.V.P. [Ronde Sare Vyah Picho]. As has turned out though, the script of Sonam Kapoor starrer was registered almost three years ago (in January 2012) whereas the Neeru Bajwa starrer film was released in October 2013.

"The only similarity between the two films is that the leading lady dupes her groom, and that's about it. Beyond that there is absolutely nothing similar between the two films," informs our source, "As a matter of fact, even though the writer of R.S.V.P., Ved Prakash, felt initially that Dolly Ki Doli has been flicked from the work that he had put together, he was pretty content after being made aware of the core of the Arbaaz Khan production."

In R.S.V.P., Neeru Bajwa does dupe her groom (Harish Verma) but has a gradual change of heart when latter hunts for her and brings her back into the family. On the other hand in Dolly Ki Doli, Sonam Kapoor is shown as a serial con girl who takes Rajkummar RaoVarun Sharma and Pulkit Samrat for a royal ride.

"I don't know where this is coming from, especially after Ved Prakash met me and I explained how ours was a completely new and original script while being registered way back in January 2012," fires away Arbaaz, "There is no room for speculation here. Just because the leading lady is a con artist doesn't make two films just the same. Ved too seemed to have agreed to the details I shared with him. He understands there is nothing similar between the two films."

When contacted, Ved Prakash too refuted all the speculations. He said, "I met Arbaaz bhai and he assured me that there were no similarities between the two films. He even showed me the proof of beginning work on his film way back in 2012. I was content with the evidence provided by him and was content Dolly Ki Doli was not a remake of R.S.V.P.," says Ved.

Now that should settle it once for and all!

- See more at: http://www.movietalkies.com/news/27015/arbaaz-khan-and-sonam-kapoors-dkd-a-remake-of-rsvp?-the-real-truth#sthash.lNnzCWUf.dpuf

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top