India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

my ultimate opinion on BOF vs KY

Aria1234 Senior Member
Aria1234
Aria1234

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 12:27am | IP Logged
I'm making this post because i see that recently many people are discussing BOF. Now we all know kyy is loosely based on BOF,but it has a very diff plot
So here's my thoughts on this whole thing.No offence just my opinion.

The characters

jun pyo- manik
Their personalities are very similar ,except for the fact that jun pyo doesn't sacrifice his love for his friend.His friend kissed the girl which is why the two separated. Jun pyo and manik are both hot headed and have a huge ego. They think everything will always go their way. but they had their sweet sides.jun pyo once waited in the snow for four hours waiting for jan di and manik has been going behind nandu doing what not for her to forgive him.

Plus jun pyo gave jan di a lot of gifts like a lot including to vacations and furniture for her whole house

I'd like to point out that manan's kiss was way better than jan di and jun pyo's

jan di - nandini

these two are very different lets start with their families.Jan di is poor but has her whole family and a healthy brother unlike nandini.She is feisty a bit hot headed tough ,can swim,doesn't cry that often.She had a crush on ji hoo (dhruv's counter part) .And let him kiss her,so she too was to blame for her and jun pyo's break up.Nandini is smart,mature,cries a lot,understanding and calm.So these two are very different people.Also jan di was really lucky beause at least F4 liked her and she had her best friend.Nandi has no one to confide in.

ji hoo- dhruv

they are very similar- good in music,shy,quiet ,loved the female lead,have a troubled past.etc...
the main difference is that ji hoo had a super model girlfried in the beginning.while dhruv is going to now get a super model girl friend.

nyonika-jun pyo's mom

well they are both evil and their sons hate them. end of story

cabir- woo bin + yi jung
he's flirty like yi jung and funny like woo bin.Except he's gay.If he wasn't I would say he's end up with navya 

navya- ga eul

they are both friends of the female lead,both had jerk bfs who they dumped.But these two couldn't be more different.ga eul was not as outspoken as navya.But she wasn't as stupid either .Ga eul was a much better friend in comparison to navya.Ga eul ends up with yi jung and their coupe was really popular.I don't know about navya...

These are probably the only similarities the plots are really different.other than the suicide part nothing is really similar.lets not forget F4 was a group of hot rich guys while fab 5 is a band.The story lines are really different.However the basic framework is the same-rich group of friends,mean mom,poor girl,love friend shi,love triangle. I feel like both shows both have similar messages but very different paths they follow to send the message out .

I say enjoy the show,and don't expect it to be the same as BOF. Celebrate its differences

wait,i found another similarity,its not really a big deal but both the first kisses happened in places filled with lights,and beautifully decorated.ya for manan the credit goes to dhruv,but for jun pyo jan di ,jun pyo did it

ya its not really big deal but since i am discussing this topic.Though I think this was a coincidence .coincidence or not both scenes looked beautiful.

Edited by Aria1234 - 23 December 2014 at 10:48pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

reena1146silver21KgirlLuvsD3wild-wanderertutu982DazlingdivyaDevAkshiCrisuAnamikaSJainharinisriram39shahzpia.raha.effervescent.Sue101pickachusonia_1Ireena7

zrn1312 Goldie
zrn1312
zrn1312

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Thank you for taking the time out to do this!! I'm getting a little tired of all the comparison between KY2 and BOF!!! Honestly I LOVE BOF, but I don't want KY2 to be similar to BOF other than the basic storyline. BOF is an amazing show in it's own way, but it was too full of angst and heartbreak, and jan di and gu jun pyo were hardly together as a couple during the whole show. I really, really, really don't want that to happen in KY2. 
KY2 is like a breath of fresh air among all these saas bahu dramas. it's different and unique and i hope it stays that way. I hope we get over this Manan breakup phase soon, because there are still sooo many tracks that could be shown with them as a couple. And even if they want to go the BOF way, Gu Jun Pyo was madly in love with Jan Di and sure of his feelings from the beginning, and they went through all the hurdles but there was one thing constant and that was their love for each other, even when they weren't together. I can't wait for the day we see a madly in love Manik and Nandini Big smileBig smileBig smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

reena1146DevAkshitutu982AnamikaSJainpia.rahasonia_1

sehrmemon Senior Member
sehrmemon
sehrmemon

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Thank you for making this post cz everyone from day one is comparing BOF and KYY and it's getting tiring alot and irritating when ever a track starts comparison starts. Both shows are really different at start it was inspired by BOF but now nothing is the same we should stop all this posts cx this is we satisfying our selfs that the show is the same and now this is going to happen where as the story is totally different.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ambylicioustutu982pia.raha

Aria1234 Senior Member
Aria1234
Aria1234

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zrn1312

Thank you for taking the time out to do this!! I'm getting a little tired of all the comparison between KY2 and BOF!!! Honestly I LOVE BOF, but I don't want KY2 to be similar to BOF other than the basic storyline. BOF is an amazing show in it's own way, but it was too full of angst and heartbreak, and jan di and gu jun pyo were hardly together as a couple during the whole show. I really, really, really don't want that to happen in KY2. 
KY2 is like a breath of fresh air among all these saas bahu dramas. it's different and unique and i hope it stays that way. I hope we get over this Manan breakup phase soon, because there are still sooo many tracks that could be shown with them as a couple. And even if they want to go the BOF way, Gu Jun Pyo was madly in love with Jan Di and sure of his feelings from the beginning, and they went through all the hurdles but there was one thing constant and that was their love for each other, even when they weren't together. I can't wait for the day we see a madly in love Manik and Nandini Big smileBig smileBig smile

I totally forgot to add the part about jun pyo being in love with jan di from the start. Even I'm anxiously waiting for the day manan are totally in love

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AnamikaSJain

Aria1234 Senior Member
Aria1234
Aria1234

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sana.1990

Thank you for making this post cz everyone from day one is comparing BOF and KYY and it's getting tiring alot and irritating when ever a track starts comparison starts. Both shows are really different at start it was inspired by BOF but now nothing is the same we should stop all this posts cx this is we satisfying our selfs that the show is the same and now this is going to happen where as the story is totally different.

so true.we all want spoilers,and when we don't get them we pacify ourselves by relating the story lines to BOF. I'm guilty of it too lol.But so far Cvs have surprised me every time ...in a good way.

sehrmemon

sehrmemon Senior Member
sehrmemon
sehrmemon

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 2:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aria1234

Originally posted by sana.1990

so true.we all want spoilers,and when we don't get them we pacify ourselves by relating the story lines to BOF. I'm guilty of it too lol.But so far Cvs have surprised me every time ...in a good way.

yes they always surprise us in a good way i know this track is disappointing us all but lets hope and c what is stored for us rather then juggling between BOF and KY2
Ireena7 IF-Stunnerz
Ireena7
Ireena7

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 2:32am | IP Logged
Nice post...I have also finished watching BOF...I found the drama really interesting...and KY2 may be based on this show but it's not actually a copy paste...there is a huge difference between both the show's story and characters...ppl should stop comparing both the shows 

Chickee

shahz IF-Dazzler
shahz
shahz

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Totally agree...BOF and KY2 have complete different story line so comparing both is just waste of time.
There is only few similarities that's it!
Thanks for this post Tongue

Go to top