India-Forums

Humsafars
Humsafars

All is fair in love and war

Junoonian Goldie
Junoonian
Junoonian

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Just read a few of the posts and replies on yesterday's epi and all are such valid points... opposing yet both povs are valid. 
Made me think what are my expectations of this story n characters?
Me i am watching it cause the characters (read Sahir) is so multi dimensional. .. he keeps a viewer on his or her toes.
Arzoo is a character i usually understand n always respect.
Zaki is lovable n has a good heart but needs to grow up.

Now Sahir's love for Arzoo and vice-versa... 
1. I feel that Sahir is still not selflessly in love with her where a person will place his love interest above all else. He is a man still ruled by his ego... reason why he thinks of his idiotic wada more than Arzoo or his own family. He is madly attracted to her ... physically yes... but also to her aura of innocence and integrity - both of which are under the radar right now. Rehman made it worse by telling Sahir that Zaki n Arzoo are romancing.
maybe being all alone in an emotional sense has done that to him.
and I don't see him being free of this malaise until he is free of Zeenat's extremely negative shadow. And for that he will have to fulfil this promise (redviolet rightly mentioned in her reply to Jyoti's post - Sahir must be extremely insecure to allow the words of a woman like Zeenat to have this hold on him.)
he is also a possessive man... evident in the way he gets riled up every time zaki n Arzoo topic comes up... though he has no right to feel this way.
But at the same for me this is what makes Sahir interesting. I would have lost interest if he was the perfect man... son... lover... brother n boss. Dharampurush look good in godly epics. In my daily soap i love the angst filled, conflicted soul... masochist much me?? Wink
2. Arzoo - i don't think she is also that deeply in love... no let me rephrase that. She is truly in love but doesn't realise the extent to which this love can overwhelm her. She for one is not letting the emotion have an upper hand.. She is still a very practical soul... walking away from the umbrella and his proposal. .. knowing that the road ahead is unfamiliar, dangerous and not something she can or wants to get into. She is willing to love truly n deeply... from a distance... but is yet to realise that love is a messy affair.
you cannot feel or evoke that emotion and then stand on the sidelines and wait and watch. 
But now that she knows Sahir's feelings for her too (no reason for her to think of them as fake... and for all his Machiavellian tendencies I don't think his feelings are fake... like her, even he doesn't realise the depths of his feelings n most probably will realise it too late)... i think over the next few episodes,  Arzoo will also in a way allow herself the freedom to feel and love, without her guards being up. This will be aided by Sahir being at his best behaviour. .. 
But this new well behaved Sahir could also mean that she misses an opportunity to know the real  Sahir. Not that he was allowing her much lee way there. But yes that scene just highlights his loneliness - he is always behaving with a mask of control in front of others. Arzoo was the exception... 
if he was not so damaged he would have been a pleasant man... but now until he truly heals he may have to continue with the pretense of control and calm.
At the same time I don't think he will be all calm and collected in front of her for long... the next outburst is just a few weeks away :)
All is fair in love n war.. . Definitely  so for Sahir

Edited by Junoonian - 22 December 2014 at 8:23pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

onathappanrobinsameedocmonicaploydomeblusky165dinki24VD927feministTaanuDeewaniIlinpria4everBujee09Ecrivain.Suvika.

docmonica Newbie
docmonica
docmonica

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Love your analysis.   Smile   

Very astute observation...they both need to realize how deeply they love each other...or maybe how deep their feelings run. They are in essence in denial that they can somehow control the situation or how invested they are in one another. Maybe it is a self protective mechanism, or maybe they are just behaving the way they usually behave in their day to day existence. So I think, the situations that happen just may open their eyes to how much they care about one another ... Or maybe it is just wishful thinking on my behalf.

What I found interesting on the episode was how Sahir really listens to Arzoo when she lets him have it. When she opens up and tells him in the beginning of the episode...he listened and he accepted and didn't deny anything. Even in the past, whenever she has her little verbal outbursts, be it before throwing her phone at him, before putting medicine on his wounds, telling him to sit down in his office so she could say thank you after he defended her in front of her family...all these examples of times she stood up to him...I think he really respects her for it. I don't think anyone (except Alvira when she wants to ) really stands up to Sahir. Maybe no one cares, maybe they are too intimidated to tell him when he is wrong...but I think he really admires and respects this quality in Arzoo. He almost really needs someone so genuine in his life to not take all his nonsense. I think this is how Arzoo will help "heal" him. The forced introspection will help bring him back to hopefully the way he normally was before Zeenat...maybe just more personally happy.   I mean when you look at it...he already is changing a little in that he is wishing for a normal life full of "arzoos" as per the poem he recited for her when he unveiled her dress. Granted he is currently acting like a shark to achieve his professional (and personal...read getting Arzoo all for himself) goals...but maybe that will change also...

I agree with you ... Both of them will not be able to control their situation ... I think this is why we love humsafars...they are both passionate and not fake ... I think they both can handle each other and complement each other beautifully...

Edited by docmonica - 22 December 2014 at 10:18pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

robinsameeploydomeVD927Josupradinki24JunoonianIlinTaanuDeewaniprettypri-vandy-

Junoonian Goldie
Junoonian
Junoonian

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docmonica

hi loved your response  :) - am going to call you monica ok. Smile

Very astute observation...they both need to realize how deeply they love each other...or maybe how deep their feelings run. They are in essence in denial that they can somehow control the situation or how invested they are in one another. Maybe it is a self protective mechanism, or maybe they are just behaving the way they usually behave in their day to day existence. So I think, the situations that happen just may own their eyes to how much they care about one another ... Or maybe it is just wishful thinking on my behalf.

Agree with what u said - Arzoo learnt as a child to not let her hopes rise and has learnt to be in control. Sahir learnt that in the last 7 years.

What I found interesting on the episode was how Sahir really listens to Arzoo when she lets him have it. When she opens up and tells him in the beginning of the episode...he listened and he accepted and didn't deny anything. Even in the past, whenever she has her little verbal outbursts, be it before throwing her phone at him, before putting medicine on his wounds, telling him to sit down in his office so she could say thank you after he defended her in front of her family...all these examples of times she stood up to him...I think he really respects her for it. I don't think anyone (except Alvira when she wants to ) really stands up to Sahir. Maybe no one cares, maybe they are too intimidated to tell him when he is wrong...but I think he really admires and respects this quality in Arzoo. He almost really needs someone so genuine in his life to not take all his nonsense. I think this is how Arzoo will help "heal" him. The forced introspection will help bring him back to hopefully the way he normally was before Zeenat...maybe just more personally happy.   I mean when you look at it...he already is changing a little in that he is wishing for a normal life full of "arzoos" as per the poem he recited for her when he unveiled her dress. Granted he is currently acting like a shark to achieve his professional (and personal...read getting Arzoo all for himself) goals...but maybe that will change also...

Yes i think he just needs someone to care enough. It is rather endearing the way he becomes a lamb when she lets loose at him :)

I agree with you ... Both of them will not be able to control their situation ... I think this is why we love humsafars...they are both passionate and not fake ... I think they both can handle each other and complement each other beautifully...

exactly!  They are so real n flawed n therefore more likeable. Thanks for commenting  :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

docmonicaVD927

Ecrivain. IF-Sizzlerz
Ecrivain.
Ecrivain.

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 9:40pm | IP Logged

Jun lovely post Big smile

U have echoed my thoughts barring a few on both zaki n ARZOO LOL

I will start with sahir ..he is definitely not yet realised he is deep down in love 
...it takes a push for the jilted ones to go " let go n accept " again n well he is making tht effort which is great in its own might ...The guy is damaged or lets say has been damaged maybe even beyond repair when it comes to a few things but his ability to still hope n be rational is wht makes him so relatable n sensible ...

Abt ARZOO well like I said before I started  on a clean slate n Somehere the character butchering left be in the haze with me have to concede to the fact tht she is too flawed n confused for her own good ...so I am gonna let her be .LOL

I don't even want to talk abt zaki he puts me off like no one does now ...especially when he tries to copy SRKAngry

So all in all I am on The ride cos of SAC ...n I feel Cvs have damaged the Soul of the love story by making one character too unrelatable ...n drowning numbers are a proof of tht LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

feministJunoonian

docmonica Newbie
docmonica
docmonica

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Junoonian

<font color="#ff0000">hi loved your response :) - am going to call you monica o</font>k.Smile

Very astute observation...they both need to realize how deeply they love each other...or maybe how deep their feelings run. They are in essence in denial that they can somehow control the situation or how invested they are in one another. Maybe it is a self protective mechanism, or maybe they are just behaving the way they usually behave in their day to day existence. So I think, the situations that happen just may own their eyes to how much they care about one another ... Or maybe it is just wishful thinking on my behalf.

<font color="#ff0000">Agree with what u said - Arzoo learnt as a child to not let her hopes rise and has learnt to be in control. Sahir learnt that in the last 7 years.</font>

<font color="#ff0000">
Yes i think he just needs someone to care enough. It is rather endearing the way he becomes a lamb when she lets loose at him :)</font>

<font color="#ff0000">exactly! They are so real n flawed n therefore more likeable. Thanks for commenting :)</font>
Aww...thank you. Monica would be perfect! :-).   Love all of you who regularly write so well...it really is a joy to read such interesting points of view and character analysis. This is my first serial after many many many years that I am watching...but as I've mentioned before, not only are the actors doing such an amazing job at making them so real , but everyone who regularly writes on this forum is just amazing. I'm hopelessly hooked!   Embarrassed   Thank you for your response. Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

robinsameeploydomeVD927Junoonian

Junoonian Goldie
Junoonian
Junoonian

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ecrivain

Jun lovely post Big smile

U have echoed my thoughts barring a few on both zaki n ARZOO LOL

I will start with sahir ..he is definitely not yet realised he is deep down in love 
...it takes a push for the jilted ones to go " let go n accept " again n well he is making tht effort which is great in its own might ...The guy is damaged or lets say has been damaged maybe even beyond repair when it comes to a few things but his ability to still hope n be rational is wht makes him so relatable n sensible ...

Abt ARZOO well like I said before I started  on a clean slate n Somehere the character butchering left be in the haze with me have to concede to the fact tht she is too flawed n confused for her own good ...so I am gonna let her be .LOL

I don't even want to talk abt zaki he puts me off like no one does now ...especially when he tries to copy SRKAngry

So all in all I am on The ride cos of SAC ...n I feel Cvs have damaged the Soul of the love story by making one character too unrelatable ...n drowning numbers are a proof of tht LOL
Hi ecri how are you doing? 
Lol Arzoo will have to work real hard to earn your liking LOL
and yeah Zaki n SRKDead
and no no no don't  give up hope yet...
While the Harshad Chopra makes Sahir so alive and real let's just sit back and enjoy this rideSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ecrivain.

Junoonian Goldie
Junoonian
Junoonian

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:36pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Junoonian

<font color="#ff0000">hi loved your response :) - am going to call you monica o</font>k.Smile

<font color="#ff0000">Agree with what u said - Arzoo learnt as a child to not let her hopes rise and has learnt to be in control. Sahir learnt that in the last 7 years.</font>

<font color="#ff0000">
Yes i think he just needs someone to care enough. It is rather endearing the way he becomes a lamb when she lets loose at him :)</font>

<font color="#ff0000">exactly! They are so real n flawed n therefore more likeable. Thanks for commenting :)</font>
Aww...thank you. Monica would be perfect! :-).   Love all of you who regularly write so well...it really is a joy to read such interesting points of view and character analysis. This is my first serial after many many many years that I am watching...but as I've mentioned before, not only are the actors doing such an amazing job at making them so real , but everyone who regularly writes on this forum is just amazing. I'm hopelessly hooked!   Embarrassed   Thank you for your response. Smile
Hi Monica Smile.
thanks and yeah even i am hooked to the serial and forum. Smile
 Incidentally you write very well too. Look forward to reading your posts soon :)

Edited by Junoonian - 22 December 2014 at 10:35pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

docmonica

Suvika. IF-Stunnerz
Suvika.
Suvika.

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Lovely analysis Jun (May I call you that?? Embarrassed )

2. Arzoo - i don't think she is also that deeply in love... no let me rephrase that. She is truly in love but doesn't realise the extent to which this love can overwhelm her. She for one is not letting the emotion have an upper hand.. She is still a very practical soul... walking away from the umbrella and his proposal. .. knowing that the road ahead is unfamiliar, dangerous and not something she can or wants to get into. She is willing to love truly n deeply... from a distance... but is yet to realise that love is a messy affair.

For this I would like to add one thing. It is not that she doesn't realize the extent to which the love can overwhelm her. It is that she knows all too well the devastation the emotion can cause a person. She has seen her mother loving her father. Seen her lose him and the effect it had on her mother. And she is determined not to repeat that kind of history. She is practical and knows that walking away is the best course of action in order to avoid the said history. She is not taking into account that heart is not going to listen to her practical mind. She loves Sahir but is scared to trust that emotion for fear of the wreck it would likely cause her, especially when this guy is being so unpredictable. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

docmonicarobinsameeploydomeEcrivain.

Go to top