tfs everyone!!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

katana

Pretty_me IF-Sizzlerz
Pretty_me
Pretty_me

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Sush116--

<font size="2">One more confusion???????Shaguni Bai is actually settled where???</font>
<font size="2">No...Jodha can go to her at anytime...LOLLOL...DID AKBAR HAS A CHATTERED FLIGHT???????ConfusedConfused</font>

shayad ekta's modern akbar has one!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

katanaForthislifeonly

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by myviewprem

Originally posted by ..RamKiJanaki..

Anarkali was buried because she was a royal courtesan and her romance with Salim was seen as a disgrace by Akbar. As much as people love Akbar, he had many faults too. He was no God. He had her buried alive so that Salim would make better alliances during his youth.

Salim never loved Maan Bai that much. He married her because she was his mother's niece and he saw it purely as a royal alliance that came with financial benefits. It was like many weddings of that time. His second wife too was not much loved. It was his third wife, Jagat Gosain (or Jagat Gosini) the princess of Jodhpur (the actual Jodha Bai according to history) that was his favorite wife until he married Nur Jahan. Jagat Gosain was also a hindu princess and she played a very important role in Salim's harem (much like Ruqaiyya in Akbar's). She was also the mother of Khurram/Shah Jahan and revolted when Akbar gave Khurram to Ruqaiyya. She and Ruqaiyya had a stiff relationship because of their respective political ambitions, and Jagat Gosain could never forgive Ruqaiyya for taking away her child from her. Even when Khurran returned to her at the age of 13, he was always Ruqaiyya's child and had immense love for her. Jagat Gosain was his mother only by birth. 

Maan Bai was quiet and sensitive. She never fought with her co-wives and was always passive in the face of their ambitions. She is recorded to have committed suicide due to her immense unhappiness with her life after marriage. She was also the favorite daughter-in-law of Jodha/MUZ (no surprise due to their relationship).

After Jahangir married Nur Jahan, she usurped even Jagat Gosain's place in Jahangir's heart and harem. I think Maan Bai was already dead by then.

It cannot be said satisfactorily that Anarkali is fact or fiction its a mystery.

That is because there is a tomb in Lahore name Anarkali tomb that Jehangir has inscribed many heartfelt words and mentioned himself as Majnun Salim. But no historical book except some traveller book mentions Salim-Anarkali love affair. This tomb is said to be either anarkali or his fav wife Sahib Jamal.  

But Salim's true love among wives was not Jodha Bai nor Man Bai. It was Sahib Jamal his wife and neice of Zain Koka whom Akbar opposed as she was not royal but then relented but never accepted her as daughter in law till death. She was mother of his son Parvez.

All his other wives were political alliances except Nur Jahan. But it is said Salim saw Jodh Bai aka Jagat Gosain in a wedding and wanted to marry her how far it is true cannot be confirmed historically.

But one thing noted from Salim behaviour whether marriage alliances or otherwise he preferred commoners over royals be it love, friendships or any other thing. There is even a painting he got commissioned where he gives importance to sufi saint over kings etc.

Yes, there is a tomb of Anarkali on which Jahangir wrote loving words, so we cannot disregard her story as fiction. There may be more to it than we know, but since the written records may have been destroyed or lost, we will never know. 

As for Jagat Gosain, she was indeed Jahangir's favorite wife before Nur Jahan. She had the most power over the household and brought about political changes much like Akbar's first three queens had done before her. I haven't heard of Sahib Jamal, but it was said that Jahangir was quite the womanizer and had many "true loves" before Nur Jahan. He went from one woman to another but after marrying Nur Jahan, he had eyes for no other woman.

Sweet24

Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Nur jahah uff mehrunissa was true love no. She was greedy person who marry jahagir only for his kingship, jagat gosain was sent away from agra with khurram when salim become king. He want both to be stay away from political allainces.

Now about the relationship between rukaiya and khurram, first khurram was much in influence, but slowly her influence started going when she had brought nur jahah in jahagirs life. Khurram doesn't like nur jahah.

I want to ask everybody a most important question?

Is any king has done anything for Rukaiya?

Akbar has made two mahals for her dearer wife harka.
Salim has made tomb for both his parents and a special mosque for her dearest mother, whom he always regards as goddess.
Shahjahah has made taj mahal for his dearest wife mumtaz, thousands of gardens in kashmir, but for rukaiya? Nothing. Shah jahah has also made tomb for his father in lahore.

Nur jahah has made her tomb by her own only. Isn't funny.
LOL

Love can only gained through good work. In end everything goes, u r known only for ur deeds.

SindhuMenon

SindhuMenon IF-Rockerz
SindhuMenon
SindhuMenon

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sweet24

Nur jahah uff mehrunissa was true love no. She was greedy person who marry jahagir only for his kingship, jagat gosain was sent away from agra with khurram when salim become king. He want both to be stay away from political allainces.

Now about the relationship between rukaiya and khurram, first khurram was much in influence, but slowly her influence started going when she had brought nur jahah in jahagirs life. Khurram doesn't like nur jahah.

I want to ask everybody a most important question?

Is any king has done anything for Rukaiya?

Akbar has made two mahals for her dearer wife harka.
Salim has made tomb for both his parents and a special mosque for her dearest mother, whom he always regards as goddess.
Shahjahah has made taj mahal for his dearest wife mumtaz, thousands of gardens in kashmir, but for rukaiya? Nothing. Shah jahah has also made tomb for his father in lahore.

Nur jahah has made her tomb by her own only. Isn't funny.
LOL

Love can only gained through good work. In end everything goes, u r known only for ur deeds.

@bold: well said and cant agree more...Clap
shilpishona Goldie
shilpishona
shilpishona

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 10:30am | IP Logged
anar ws a frictional charctr
history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..RamKiJanaki..

Anarkali was buried because she was a royal courtesan and her romance with Salim was seen as a disgrace by Akbar. As much as people love Akbar, he had many faults too. He was no God. He had her buried alive so that Salim would make better alliances during his youth.

Salim never loved Maan Bai that much. He married her because she was his mother's niece and he saw it purely as a royal alliance that came with financial benefits. It was like many weddings of that time. His second wife too was not much loved. It was his third wife, Jagat Gosain (or Jagat Gosini) the princess of Jodhpur (the actual Jodha Bai according to history) that was his favorite wife until he married Nur Jahan. Jagat Gosain was also a hindu princess and she played a very important role in Salim's harem (much like Ruqaiyya in Akbar's). She was also the mother of Khurram/Shah Jahan and revolted when Akbar gave Khurram to Ruqaiyya. She and Ruqaiyya had a stiff relationship because of their respective political ambitions, and Jagat Gosain could never forgive Ruqaiyya for taking away her child from her. Even when Khurran returned to her at the age of 13, he was always Ruqaiyya's child and had immense love for her. Jagat Gosain was his mother only by birth. 

Maan Bai was quiet and sensitive. She never fought with her co-wives and was always passive in the face of their ambitions. She is recorded to have committed suicide due to her immense unhappiness with her life after marriage. She was also the favorite daughter-in-law of Jodha/MUZ (no surprise due to their relationship).

After Jahangir married Nur Jahan, she usurped even Jagat Gosain's place in Jahangir's heart and harem. I think Maan Bai was already dead by then.

Can you please tell me where can i read all this in details.?. ^^^^
I will be very thankful to you. :)

Go to top